New Super Mario Bros Movie

The whole idea of a Mario movie is a horrible idea. People don't seem to get this:

Video game + movie = failure.

Another live action movie sounds dumb, but I think a cartoon film with the real voices (with Martinet doing the voice of the Mario Bros) would be cool.

It would never happen though. ):

Discord said:
The whole idea of a Mario movie is a horrible idea. People don't seem to get this:

Only if those directors of the Mario movie or Uwe Boll is directing it.

Discord said:
Name one good video game movie.
Little Nicky, but it was based off a God-awful Gameboy Color game.
f1Qih.png

Okay okay the movie came out first. But I don't think it's a bad idea to try to create a good video game movie just because of a bad track record.

Evil Magikrazy said:
Discord said:
What did you think of the Sonic one? I never heard anyone complain about that.

I think he mainly means Video game live action movies. Cartoonish or CGI ones don't have that big of a track-record but there's probably more decent cartoon video game movies then there are Live Action ones.

Discord said:

^^^^

supermariofan said:
Discord said:
Prince of Persia

He said good.

Yoshidude99 said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Discord said:
There was a Sonic one?

Not a live action one. There was an anime one that came out in the late 90s that had Sonic, Tails, Dr. Robotnik, Metal Sonic, and Knuckles. It came out in Japan as a mini-series but in the US it was released all in one as "Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie"

Look at the plot of Mario series now take that and make it into a movie if you know anything about good movies you should realize that's a terrible idea

supermariofan said:
hopefully there will be an animated movie... in 3D! Wouldn't you like to see something mario related in 3D?

3D has been so overhyped that it's easier to list the movies it's bad in than the ones it's good in.

Nosferatu Man said:
supermariofan said:
hopefully there will be an animated movie... in 3D! Wouldn't you like to see something mario related in 3D?

3D has been so overhyped that it's easier to list the movies it's bad in than the ones it's good in.
I concur. People say that 3D makes characters more believable, but that's a lie.

Yoda and Gollum were believable characters, and that didn't require 3D.

Neytaraorwhateverthehellhernamewas was not believable, all I remember her doing was having sex with the protagonist.

No 3D for Mario!

And that's why I see all movies in 2D from now on.

Northern Verve said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Discord said:

I think he mainly means Video game live action movies. Cartoonish or CGI ones don't have that big of a track-record but there's probably more decent cartoon video game movies then there are Live Action ones.
That's why we need a cartoon Mario movie! the TV show is good but not THAT special but at least it follows the game way more than the movie

supermariofan said:
Northern Verve said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Discord said:

That's why we need a cartoon Mario movie! the TV show is good but not THAT special but at least it follows the game way more than the movie
The only real reason the Mario cartoon sucked is because DIC Entertainment (rightfully named) was behind it.

Check out this picture of a character from the show:

250px-IndianaJoe.jpg

Notice anything missing?

Now let's see. What animation company could make a good Mario movie?

Evil Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Northern Verve said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Discord said:

The only real reason the Mario cartoon sucked is because DIC Entertainment (rightfully named) was behind it.

Check out this picture of a character from the show:

250px-IndianaJoe.jpg

Notice anything missing?

Now let's see. What animation company could make a good Mario movie?
20th Century Fox they made Ice Age, Robots, Horton Hears a Who, and Rio! and they all kick ass

Back