The Great Books Thread

ralphfan

Thank you based god
ITT, talk about really amazing books you've read. Has anyone else here read The Kite Runner?

I haven't read it or heard of The Kite Runner.

• Demon Seed (Dean Koontz)
  • Look Me In The Eye (John Elder Robison)
  • Nineteen Eighty-Four (George Orwell)
  • The Giver (Lois Lowry)
  • Where the Red Fern Grows (Wilson Rawls)

The Outsiders (S.E Hinton)
The Hobbit (J.R Tolken)
All of Diary Of A Wimpy Kids (Jeff Kinney)
All of Mike Lupica's books

What's a book? Kidding! :P :D ;D :lol: :smug:

Anyway, I don't really read books unless they're part of my homework assignment or a video game strategy guide.

Ninteen Eighty-Four

Ender's Game

Basically all books I have read, but the ones I was fond of was The Hunger Games, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and a Series of Unfortunate Events.

I read this book called Found in 5th grade and it was amazing. It's by that Margret Peterson Haddix person I think. I read some of the sequel, Sent, but it wasn't as good and I lost track of what was going on so I stopped reading it.

Krizzy said:
superjeff64 said:
What's a book? Kidding! :P :D ;D :lol: :smug:

Anyway, I don't really read books unless they're part of my homework assignment or a video game strategy guide.

Remind me never to know you again.

Well, EXCUSE ME for saving trees and actually caring about the environment!

In all seriousness, I like reading the Chicken Soup for The Soul books since some of the stories restore my faith in humanity....then something happens causing me to lose faith again. But good books nonetheless.

superjeff64 said:
There are billions of trees in this world, and you can probably read books off the internet.

Fawfulfury65 said:
superjeff64 said:
There are billions of trees in this world, and you can probably read books off the internet.
True, but some people tear down land to set up industries without replanting and not ALL books can be read on the internet. Anyway, I remember reading a book in fourth grade where a fourth-grader details his life including his little brother nicknamed "Fudge", don't remember the title, but it was a good book apart from some REALLY annoying characters. And in Jr. High there was this book set in the Great Depression, easy to read and easy to follow along, helped me learn a little bit about the Great Depression.

superjeff64 said:
Something that most people fail to realize is that whether or not you use the paper they already made will not magically regrow the trees they already killed.

Herr Shyguy said:
superjeff64 said:
Something that most people fail to realize is that whether or not you use the paper they already made will not magically regrow the trees they already killed.

That's true, I always somehow manage to overlook the most common detail.
Does anybody know where I can read the follwing books online?
1. Super Mario Kun manga
2. TMNT Mirage Comics
3. video game strategy guides (Don't say gameFAQS or anything similar)
4. Anything elementary students would read in school (I want to take a trip down memory lane)
5. cookbooks

I was addicted to the RedWall series in elementary school.

The Hunger Games, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, And Then It Happened, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Fudge, Heroes of Olympus and Percy Jackson and The Olympians.

Back