Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Black/White

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Kyoko Sakura

Celestial Guide
Just wondering which one you all like the best, in terms of maps especially. You may vote for one of the first four gens and re-vote if you haven't played Black or White yet.

Re: Best Main Pokémon GAME Generatiion

I used to like the 2nd and 4th the best, but 5th defeated them.

I like second the best. First was good and I don't like the third too much. Fourth is okay. I haven't played Black enough to know if I like it more.

I like 3rd the best. I began with it, and I loved Hoenn! Then I like the 5th and the 4th. I don't like 2nd very much.

Chivi-chivik said:
I like 3rd the best. I began with it, and I loved Hoenn! Then I like the 5th and the 4th. I don't like 2nd very much.

*Hides from the inevitable flame war*

On-topic: Gen II > Gen IV > Gen I > Gen III

I plan on getting Black someday.

The second. DEFINITELY.

My order would go second, first, fourth, third. Haven't played fifth yet, but it would probably be toward the end.

Second was the best in terms of new stuff (i.e. color, shinies, a form of technology to help the player, in this case the Pokegear, female character, animated sprites, rebattling Trainers, Move Deleter, etc. etc.), yet it still tied in with the first generation a lot, especially with the story about Team Rocket. It had, in my opinion, the best music and the perfect number of Pokemon. Johto is also my favorite region.

First started it all, so of course it ranks pretty high on my list. The music was amazing, and Team Rocket was at its best (worst?). Yellow was my first ever video game. Since it was the first generation, it had some issues, but it all got straightened out in Generation II.

Fourth was okay. I think there were too many Pokemon, especially those horrendous evolutions of first-gen Pokemon. However, I liked the Underground and the making just one bike with two gears. The HM Rock Climb I found completely unnecessary. The games had some good music, especially the Dialga/Palkia theme and Floaroma Town.

Third. Um. Yeah. Really disliked it. I wanted to stay positive here, but I really did not like the third generation at all. I didn't like Hoenn, I didn't like the characters, I didn't like the Pokemon. And the music drove me up a wall.

So that's it. :)

schmutz said:
My order would go second, first, fourth, third.
Oh my, you're awesome. Also, I can barely stand the third generation.

schmutz said:
The second. DEFINITELY.

My order would go second, first, fourth, third. Haven't played fifth yet, but it would probably be toward the end.

Second was the best in terms of new stuff (i.e. color, shinies, a form of technology to help the player, in this case the Pokegear, female character, animated sprites, rebattling Trainers, Move Deleter, etc. etc.), yet it still tied in with the first generation a lot, especially with the story about Team Rocket. It had, in my opinion, the best music and the perfect number of Pokemon. Johto is also my favorite region.

First started it all, so of course it ranks pretty high on my list. The music was amazing, and Team Rocket was at its best (worst?). Yellow was my first ever video game. Since it was the first generation, it had some issues, but it all got straightened out in Generation II.

Fourth was okay. I think there were too many Pokemon, especially those horrendous evolutions of first-gen Pokemon. However, I liked the Underground and the making just one bike with two gears. The HM Rock Climb I found completely unnecessary. The games had some good music, especially the Dialga/Palkia theme and Floaroma Town.

Third. Um. Yeah. Really disliked it. I wanted to stay positive here, but I really did not like the third generation at all. I didn't like Hoenn, I didn't like the characters, I didn't like the Pokemon. And the music drove me up a wall.

So that's it. :)
*Thumbs Up* :D

Re: Best Main Pokémon GAME Generation

What's with all the Hoenn hate? That was more or less, my favorite region. I thought Hoenn was unique and original in many aspects (running shoes, two bikes, double battles one of which is in the gym, and two villainous teams one of which actually helps you). Plus the G3 games are compatible with the DS so you don't have to worry as much about your batteries running out. The only thing about Hoenn I didn't like was having to check the PokeNav for rematches. The music when fighting the Elite Four is just awesome. Plus, the Hoenn seasons were probably my favorite part of the anime as Ash became a little bit smarter and the main characters caught some unexpected Pokemon (Ash's Snorunt/Glalie, and Brock's Mudkip) and I particularly liked the episode where Jessie and James released Arbok and Wheezing as it proves that even Team Rocket as some limits as to how far they're willing to capture Pokemon and Misty finally left the show thank god, she was violent, rude, hypocritical, and shallow (not that May was any better). Although I like still like the other generations.

superjeff64 said:
as Ash became a little bit smarter
sorry but... Ash and Smart doesn't get along in the same sentence.
As for misty, i liked her... You don't need to talk like that about her...

superjeff64 said:
Misty finally left the show thank god, she was violent, rude, hypocritical, and shallow (not that May was any better). Although I like still like the other generations.
Gahahaha, I thought you were being serious with calling Misty those things for a second.

Oh, you were? I find all the other girl sidekicks either boring, awful copycats or WAY too physically overdeveloped for being ten years old. Besides, I found myself relating to Misty (even though I'm a guy) more than any other character on the show.

And if we're judging the Generations thru the anime as well.
I liked the Anime from the beginning until jotho ended. After that... The series started lacking from an objetive and attractives.

Actually, the thread is supposed to be about the games, which is why I capitalized GAME. Most importantly maps and abilities. I personally don't care if it goes another direction though. :P

superjeff64 said:
Mason said:
or WAY too physically overdeveloped for being ten years old.
What'd you expect? Its an anime.
Uuipe.jpg
<----then why is this thing 17 years old? or do anime characters age backwards? :P

Mason said:
Actually, the thread is supposed to be about the games, which is why I capitalized GAME. Most importantly maps and abilities. I personally don't care if it goes another direction though. :P

Sorry. Just wanted to use the anime as an extra factor. But hey POKEMON RULEZ! That's one thing we can all agree on, right?

I'm a retro-fag so Gen I.

superjeff64 said:
3. Anime artists aren't as perverted as I thought.
Either that or they're unimaginably more perverted than you thought.

superjeff64 said:
What's with all the Hoenn hate? That was more or less, my favorite region. I thought Hoenn was unique and original in many aspects (running shoes, two bikes, double battles one of which is in the gym, and two villainous teams one of which actually helps you). Plus the G3 games are compatible with the DS so you don't have to worry as much about your batteries running out. The only thing about Hoenn I didn't like was having to check the PokeNav for rematches. The music when fighting the Elite Four is just awesome. Plus, the Hoenn seasons were probably my favorite part of the anime as Ash became a little bit smarter and the main characters caught some unexpected Pokemon (Ash's Snorunt/Glalie, and Brock's Mudkip) and I particularly liked the episode where Jessie and James released Arbok and Wheezing as it proves that even Team Rocket as some limits as to how far they're willing to capture Pokemon and Misty finally left the show thank god, she was violent, rude, hypocritical, and shallow (not that May was any better). Although I like still like the other generations.
I'm with you! Hoenn is the best! (well, I hate the anime...)
Recommend you to play Pokémon Emerald. You go against the two teams and there are many new places and events than other third versions (example: Battle between Groudon and Kyogre, Magma team hideaway, etc.) :)

I liked GenIII the best, so I'm with you. The first two couldn't catch one with me. I agree with all the reasonings provided on why GenIII was the best for me.

Generation 1, 2, and a little bit of 4 are the only ones I've played, but Gen. 1 is definitely my favorite.

Chivi-chivik said:
I'm with you! Hoenn is the best!Recommend you to play Pokémon Emerald. You go against the two teams and there are many new places and events than other third versions (example: Battle between Groudon and Kyogre, Magma team hideaway, etc.) :)
High 5 bro, and I wish I could play Emerald, but I can't find it in stores anymore.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
I liked GenIII the best, so I'm with you. The first two couldn't catch one with me. I agree with all the reasonings provided on why GenIII was the best for me.
*hug* Speaking of Generation 3, I'd like to see Chugga do that Generation. (Yes, I know about FireRed).

Gen 2 had changed the series in many ways. I love it SO much.
superjeff64 said:
You could not trade Pokemon from the later generations and in order to complete you needed to have all the Gen 3 games.

Back