Wii U

They have a patent for a phone they've done nothing with, though the design is dated.

Wow. Remember when Nintendo first made the Gameboy with all these features like a printer and a camera and a light. They were on there game back then.

Based Sora, thanks for your graphs.

I wasn't in irrational doomsday attitude, but I was worried that the Wii U's failures is going to negatively impact Nintendo in the future. I mean, I AM a Nintendo fan and it would be really painful if something horrible happened to Nintendo and their assets.

They are the biggest video game company in the world, no exaggeration.

ernesth100 said:
Maybe Nintendo should start making computers or phones.

The computer business would bomb so hard, it is not even serious. Unless they made computers specifically for gaming. Microsoft already has that in the bag and it would be very hard to compete with.

chillv said:
ernesth100 said:
Maybe Nintendo should start making computers or phones.

The computer business would bomb so hard, it is not even serious. Unless they made computers specifically for gaming.
Nintendo will always make their consoles emphasizing on gaming (with maybe Internet tacked in).

Oh, yeah, it is.

Poor marketing and bad decisions made by other companies (ahem, Ubisoft) is killing it, though.

Xpike said:
ernesth100 said:
So why wont they release it for Wii U? Is Nintendo not noticing how much money they could make?
Nintendo probably hasn't extended an offer to work with them and Mojang wouldn't be so dumb as to waste money on SDKs themselves when they're just fine with the Xbox, Playstation and PC versions.
I shall be coming here to say that the reason Minecraft isn't coming to Wii U at this point is because Mojang has their hands full already.

I'm getting really annoyed at the people who keep saying the Wii U is going to fail, and Nintendo isn't doing anything to help. Nintendo is a company, and they KNOW the Wii U isn't selling well. No company sees that and DOESN'T do something to fix it. Let's put it this way, if they started developing new games when the poor Wii U sales results came in, the games are probably still in the development stage. They wouldn't be able to be announced yet.

Yeah I get sick of it too. I mean, this sort of happens with ever single console, but look, things turn out for the good. History, it repeats. Also, Nintendo is going to make sure their games and consoles sell, because, unlike their competitors, that's all they sell.

The problem is that this generation is special, this is the first time mobile devices have all but taken the casual gamers away from consoles, leaving only the hardcore gamers to support consoles, meaning Nintendo's lineup looks incredibly weak without the variety games like Metroid or F-Zero used to provide nor third party support the console so much needs, leaving most gamers to search for the PS4 and Xbox One instead. If Nintendo doesn't change their "Let's throw Mario and it and hope everyone realizes how awesome we are" strategy then the Wii U IS going to fail, but with Iwata in charge it doesn't seem that likely for now.

Don't use the two labels as distinct groups. Mario games still sell pretty dang well, even the ones that cater to the "casuals". But they're not the difference between a console's success or failure.

Besides, we do have some variety games. X and Bayonetta 2 is a few, but it's a start nevertheless.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Don't use the two labels as distinct groups. Mario games still sell pretty dang well, even the ones that cater to the "casuals". But they're not the difference between a console's success or failure.

Besides, we do have some variety games. X and Bayonetta 2 is a few, but it's a start nevertheless.

yeah but no one really knows how well x and bayonetta 2 will actually perform sales wise.

I think people are more paranoid about it due to uncertainty, although i get this weird feeling nintendo might be going all out at the next e3, but really thats just speculation.

Yeah, maybe they have the appeal to a niche audience.

But, still, that's some variety. It's not just Mario and Link games.

I really hope Nintendo goes all out at E3. This is the biggest gaming event of the year, and eyes will be on Nintendo to see what they are doing. Nintendo needs to come out guns a blazin with tons of news and info. They need to do an actual conference, and not just a longer Nintendo direct. They need to address the sales issue with the Wii U and wow us with Zelda U, a Smash trailer and character reveal, and shock us with new games like a Wii U Metroid and Star Fox, and show some of those third party titles that bring in the "hardcore gamer."

Oh, and some 3DS stuff for an extra bonus. Like Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

GalacticPetey said:
I really hope Nintendo goes all out at E3. This is the biggest gaming event of the year, and eyes will be on Nintendo to see what they are doing. Nintendo needs to come out guns a blazin with tons of news and info. They need to do an actual conference, and not just a longer Nintendo direct. They need to address the sales issue with the Wii U and wow us with Zelda U, a Smash trailer and character reveal, and shock us with new games like a Wii U Metroid and Star Fox, and show some of those third party titles that bring in the "hardcore gamer."

Oh, and some 3DS stuff for an extra bonus. Like Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

That's a lot of stuff to show, but it would be nice.

Although another metroid is terrifying to think about.

Fighter Zae said:
What if they handed the Retro team the new Metroid game?

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Fighter Zae said:
What if they handed the Retro team the new Metroid game?

well it would be nice i guess but i still want another 2d metroid and after that crap in other m it just kinda leaves me very distrusting.

Metroid Prime 4: Dread

as much as i like the prime series, ew.

Well, what if some other company worked on the 2D Metroid.... like Nintendo EAD? Just any company that has worked on a Nintendo game that isn't called Team Ninja. :P

Back