7th Grade

This lady came in to our Science Class to talk about 7th Grade (going there next year, and it's a new school) and I just want to know more about it. Anybody been through 7th Grade that can tell me more about it. I'm curious.

I've been through 7th grade but I can't tell you about it. It's top secret.

E8Nb0.jpg

Where I come from, middle school is 6th to 8th grade, You learn a lot of cool stuff in seventh grade. Hopefully you get to take Algebra, since sixth grade and seventh grade regular math are a lot alike and get really dull the second time around.

I think you should be asking people that are going to that school in 7th grade, not an online Mario message board.

Just saying.

President Iwata said:
I think you should be asking people that are going to that school in 7th grade, not an online Mario message board.

Just saying.
Yeah but I don't know anyone like a sibling thats been through that grade.

So it is easy? I heard we get a lot of homework

I'm in 7th grade now, and it's a piece of cake. The amount of homework you get depends on what kind of teachers you have, and also the school you're going to.

Broggy said:
President Iwata said:

Just saying.
Yeah but I don't know anyone like a sibling thats been through that grade.

So it is easy? I heard we get a lot of homework

I'm sure it's different for each state/schooling district/individual school.

You really shouldn't be using our 7th grade experiences as reference.

Do you mean 7th group of an elementary school?
My sister is currently there.
Or do you have the German school system in America (so starting in the 1st, towards your secondary school diploma)?

Yamilla said:
Do you mean 7th group of an elementary school?
My sister is currently there.
Or do you have the German school system in America (so starting in the 1st, towards your secondary school diploma)?
Um... I don't know what you mean by 7th group of elementary school. 7th grade is middle school. 1-5 grade is elementary school. You move up a grade every school year, which is 180 days of school. So the school system is different in Europe?

[quote author=Yamilla @ all over this thread][Lack of USA school understanding.][/quote]
United States School Standards, Inaccurately listed by Mason the Magikoopa:

Pre-school / Day Care: 4-5 YEARS OLD
Kindergarten: 5-6 YEARS OLD
1st Grade, Elementary School / Grammar School: 6-7 YEARS OLD
2nd Grade, Elementary School / Grammar School: 7-8 YEARS OLD
3rd Grade, Elementary School / Grammar School: 8-9 YEARS OLD
4th Grade, Elementary School / Grammar School: 9-10 YEARS OLD
5th Grade, Elementary School / Grammar School: 10-11 YEARS OLD
6th Grade, Middle School / Junior High: 11-12 YEARS OLD
7th Grade, Middle School / Junior High: 12-13 YEARS OLD
8th Grade, Middle School / Junior High: 13-14 YEARS OLD
9th Grade, Freshmen: 14-15 YEARS OLD
10th Grade, Sophomore: 15-16 YEARS OLD
11th Grade, Junior: 16-17 YEARS OLD
12th Grade, Senior: 17-18 YEARS OLD

>>Fawfulfury65 and Perry Mason
No, only my country has a difficult system.
This is what I meant:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_the_Netherlands
Elementary is 1st to 8th group, then the middle school has been divided in 4 levels: Practice school (for really dumb people), VMBO (in 4 favours, depending on how smart you are), HAVO (higher than VMBO, after VMBO), and VWO (highest level, after HAVO).
After middle school, you go to either a higher level middle school, or a job school (again, in 3 levels): MBO (4 levels, after VMBO), HBO (after HAVO or MBO), and WO (after VWO or HBO).

Every country has it's difficulties.
Driving a car in Belgium is harder than The Netherlands, while the school system here is harder.

Oh, and Mason, I understand now.

I'm in 8th, but I skipped a grade.
7th grade is cool, it was lots of fun

PokemonMaster said:
Umm... they usually go easy on them because it's the last grade before graduating. At least in Canada it is.
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

In the USA they have, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, and then if you want 4-10 more years of college.

Broggy said:
PokemonMaster said:
Umm... they usually go easy on them because it's the last grade before graduating. At least in Canada it is.
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

In the USA they have, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, and then if you want 4-10 more years of college.
Graduating from Elementary school.

PokemonMaster said:
Broggy said:
PokemonMaster said:
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

Graduating from Elementary school.
5th or 6th grade is the last year of elementary school where I come from.

Ah...7th grade, the year that I started Middle School, with more freedom in the halls instead of in a line to switch classes, and more than two teachers during the day. Everything was much more organized, and all the time we had between classes of 5 minutes. I'm in 10th grade right now, and I will say that freedom in the halls doesn't come until High School.

But on a sidenote, don't worry, you'll love the freetime you have between classes, and the chance to talk to friends more. That is, if you had a middle school like I did.

Dark Star said:
Ah...7th grade, the year that I started Middle School, with more freedom in the halls instead of in a line to switch classes, and more than two teachers during the day. Everything was much more organized, and all the time we had between classes of 5 minutes. I'm in 10th grade right now, and I will say that freedom in the halls doesn't come until High School.

But on a sidenote, don't worry, you'll love the freetime you have between classes, and the chance to talk to friends more. That is, if you had a middle school like I did.
There's only three minutes between each class in my school so I never have time to talk to anyone unless they are using the locker next to mine or are nearby.

Back