Super Mario 3D Land

Actually, a lot of the Special World levels without time limits or Cosmic Mario Races are huge pains in the ass.

I also beat the game with 5 stars (not sparkling) and completed 8-Crown. Without the Tanooki Suit, almost every level in the Special World will be hell.

Pinkie Pie said:
I just beat Special World 1 and unlocked Luigi. Now do I have beat all the levels with him?
No. You can switch. I play as Mario. I'm on S8.
What's the difference between regular and sparkling stars?

When replaying all the levels with Luigi, is it required to reach all the golden flagpoles with Luigi too? Oh, and also, is there any icons that indicate if you've beaten a certain level with Mario or Luigi?

I JUST beat Dry Bowser and rescued Luigi. Now I'm playing as him all the time. :luigi:

I LOVE how he has a Fox Suit instead of a Tanooki Suit! ;D

I just got the game today. It's taken me roughly 4-6 Hours to get to the Boss of World 8.

The length of the levels is perfect IMO, not too long, not too short. Each one has something new to offer.

I ahve raged a bit, usually when I need the Tanooki Suit to get a Golden Flagpole and I don't have it and have to replay the whole level again to try and get it.

I managed to get myself all the Star Coins so far and I'm pretty happy with it overall.
The Music is nice too, but I've yet to run into a Statue Leaf.

Crackin355 said:
I just got the game today. It's taken me roughly 4-6 Hours to get to the Boss of World 8.

The length of the levels is perfect IMO, not too long, not too short. Each one has something new to offer.

I ahve raged a bit, usually when I need the Tanooki Suit to get a Golden Flagpole and I don't have it and have to replay the whole level again to try and get it.

I managed to get myself all the Star Coins so far and I'm pretty happy with it overall.
The Music is nice too, but I've yet to run into a Statue Leaf.
They're in the special worlds. And I didn't like the final level
Because I hate roller coasters and Bowser never died and he kept jumping on me.

I loved the Final Level.

And I shortly found out their in the Special World but thanks for telling me anyway.
I'm up to World 7, All Golden Flagpoles, Star Medals so far and a bit over 200 Lives.
The only real annoying levels were the flashing block ones. A nice way to rack up Statue Leaves is World 5-1, you can speedrun it easy and theres always a Statue Leaf in the block near the start.

Really great game. I got it the day it came out (November 13) and it took me until the Friday/Saturday that followed to fully beat it. Super Mario 3D Land is a great way to start off my 3DS library, even though it does seem like a relatively short game (or I'm just a very fast gamer, or both).

I would like to get 1110 lives in the future though.

Super Mario Fan said:
Really great game. I got it the day it came out (November 13) and it took me until the Friday/Saturday that followed to fully beat it. Super Mario 3D Land is a great way to start off my 3DS library, even though it does seem like a relatively short game (or I'm just a very fast gamer, or both).

I would like to get 1110 lives in the future though.

I did that, in World 1-2, after the checkpoint, theres a long block on the ground. Jump on top and line yourseld in the middle with the Koopa. when the koopa is right on the corner of the block, jump on him and then just leave it to get you 2-Up's every second.
I have Triple Crown Lives because of it.

Pinkie Pie said:
When replaying all the levels with Luigi, is it required to reach all the golden flagpoles with Luigi too? Oh, and also, is there any icons that indicate if you've beaten a certain level with Mario or Luigi?
All you did was parrot my questions from a few pages ago!!!???

It's just too unlikely to be a coincidence. Maybe we are identical twins with a collective conscience.

Marwikedor said:
It's just too unlikely to be a coincidence. Maybe we are identical twins with a collective conscience.

I think you mean "a collective consciousness."

@Mario4Ever, yeah, maybe. Just HOW MANY Star Coins are in the game because I got them all in every level and I think I done most of the purple box thingies I got 322! IF thats all of them then 322 is a mighty queer number to end on!

Marwikedor said:

it's not unlikely at all, he was just asking the same questions you did, thats all.

And it doesnt matter what number it ends on. it could end on 207 and it wouldnt matter. It's just a number.

I still have to wait until Christmas so I hope this thread is still alive until then.

Back