The Let's Play Thread

I noticed that as well.

Eh, I'll probably just catch up on Super Paper Mario as he's doing it. I haven't watched any of his past 2 LPs (Okamiden and Kirby's Epic Yarn).

I have absolutely no knowledge of Okami, and I probably wouldn't be interested in it.

The only LP of his I've actually watched in full was Luigi's Mansion, and I think Super Mario Sunshine as well. I was planning on watching the entirety of Super Paper Mario but I got busy this summer.

I've only actually seen in full his TTYD, Luigi's Mansion Pikmin 2 and SPM LPs. Watching ProtonJon doing Superman 64. It's funny.

In one of the earlier Runaway Guys LittleBigPlanet episodes, they talked about Game Grumps for a short moment and Chuggaa got all defensive. It was about why they're doing LP's if they don't like LP's.

I thought it was kind of funny.

Also, Game Grumps passed 500,000 subs.

MCS said:
I have absolutely no knowledge of Okami, and I probably wouldn't be interested in it.

Then what you need to do is play the game.

Xpike said:
MCS said:
It doesn't seem like something I would enjoy.
That must be one of the dumbest reasons I've seen to not play Okami ever.

I got it simply because people said I should even though I thought I wouldn't enjoy it.

I did not like it, So I was right thinking I would not enjoy it, yet I still got it just because people said it was great. Same story with Pikmin. "This game is great", hated it. It's like the opposite with Sticker Star. "This game sucks, its not Paper Mario, rah rah", loved it.

Anyway, Probably not going to watch Chuggaa's LP.

Xpike said:
MCS said:
It doesn't seem like something I would enjoy.
That must be one of the dumbest reasons I've seen to not play Okami ever.

I don't understand why you had to escalate that so quickly. I've read about Okami, and it doesn't seem like something I would enjoy, and doesn't seem like my kind of game. Is that enough for you?

Crackin355 said:
Same story with Pikmin.

I remember I got Pikmin at GameStop a year or so ago, then ragequit because my Pikmin kept dying. It's a really complex game, and is harder than I thought it would be.

I just didn't like Pikmin because it was boring. There was absolutely no reason for me to go back to it. That's just my opinion though.

Therunawayguys have announced that starting with their next project, they'll be updating 3 days a week (Saturday, Tuesday, and Thursday). Don't know if it's just this next project or for all future projects.

Also, does anyone know what Chuggaa was referencing with the episode "I'm Your Venus"? Because as far as I can tell, that's a reference to Jonathan Coulton's "I'm Your Moon", but I don't think Chuggaa is a JoCo fan.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Also, does anyone know what Chuggaa was referencing with the episode "I'm Your Venus"? Because as far as I can tell, that's a reference to Jonathan Coulton's "I'm Your Moon", but I don't think Chuggaa is a JoCo fan.

I think I saw that episode. That song with the line 'I'm your Venus' I believe was in a frequent hair product ad.

Crackin355 said:
Gundam Tanaka said:

I think I saw that episode. That song with the line 'I'm your Venus' I believe was in a frequent hair product ad.

i think he may have been unbeknowingly referring to this song, maybe? i've heard it used in hair product advertising before.

So lately, I've been using Chuggaa's old Paper Mario LP as a walkthrough when I need it, as I'm playing through Paper Mario myself. This is actually the first time I'm using one of his LPs as a walkthrough and not just for viewing pleasure. Go me!

Crackin355 said:
I just didn't like Pikmin because it was boring. There was absolutely no reason for me to go back to it. That's just my opinion though.

I feel like the only one on this forum that llikes pikmin. Oh well.

U freak said:
Crackin355 said:

I feel like the only one on this forum that llikes pikmin. Oh well.

Except that a lot of people love pikmin here and I'm one of the few that doesn't.

I mean, I understand because it's not quite as popular as the super mario games but pikmin is cool because it's somthing completely different.

U freak said:
I mean, I understand because it's not quite as popular as the super mario games but pikmin is cool because it's somthing completely different.

I said that a lot of people like Pikmin here.

Just because I don't, doesn't mean everyone else hates it as well.

Back