The Let's Play Thread

He did it in Sammer Kingdom, too, right?

Well yeah, what was the point of watching that?

It's the game's fault for being so stupidly tedious.

Sammer Kingdom was the worst sidequest I ever did. So repetitive. The texts eventually just became boring and I sped through them.

Well, I didn't mind him speeding up the Sammer Kingdom thing, because I too thought it was repetitive. But the Pit of 100 trials? Seriously? I would understand if he fast forwarded the Pit in TTYD, but the Pit in SPM takes like an hour and is nowhere near as boring as the one in TTYD.

But, the thing that irked me the most was the fast forwarding he did in the Pikmin 2 LP. He fast-forwarded a lot of the dungeons in the game. That's like fast-forwarding a dungeon in a Zelda game. Not to mention the fact that he fast-forwarded the final boss fight of the game, which was just plain insulting.

Fassad said:
Well, I didn't mind him speeding up the Sammer Kingdom thing, because I too thought it was repetitive. But the Pit of 100 trials? Seriously? I would understand if he fast forwarded the Pit in TTYD, but the Pit in SPM takes like an hour and is nowhere near as boring as the one in TTYD.

Case in point. Do you really want to watch Chuggaa do the same thing for roughly an hour? Besides, it's better than having Chuggaa cut them out entirely. Besides, I'm sure Chuggaa would've run out of commentary.

Fassad said:
But, the thing that irked me the most was the fast forwarding he did in the Pikmin 2 LP. He fast-forwarded a lot of the dungeons in the game. Not to mention the fact that he fast-forwarded the final boss fight of the game, which was just plain insulting.

Again, do you really want to watch him doing the same monotonous thing over and over again? Even with the fast forwarding, the fight was rather tedious. It would've been even worse if he did it normally.

As long as we're talking about his Super Paper Mario LP, I'm moreso irritated that Chuggaa usually took about two videos for just one subchapter. He could've finished many of the subchapters in one video if he didn't fool around so much (i.e. the "speedrunning tactics" when he was talking to Red). On the bright side, I don't think he made any information mistakes this time unlike in 64 and TTYD.

Big McIntosh said:
Fassad said:

Case in point. Do you really want to watch Chuggaa do the same thing for roughly an hour? Besides, it's better than having Chuggaa cut them out entirely. Besides, I'm sure Chuggaa would've run out of commentary.

Ok, yeah, I'll give him the benefit of a doubt for the commentary.

Big McIntosh said:
Fassad said:
But, the thing that irked me the most was the fast forwarding he did in the Pikmin 2 LP. He fast-forwarded a lot of the dungeons in the game. Not to mention the fact that he fast-forwarded the final boss fight of the game, which was just plain insulting.

Again, do you really want to watch him doing the same monotonous thing over and over again? Even with the fast forwarding, the fight was rather tedious. It would've been even worse if he did it normally.

Yes, as a matter of fact I do want to watch him do this "monotonous task" that is mandatory for 100% completion. If people thinks its monotonous, they should shut up and stop watching because that's what the game is about: exploring caves. The fact that he fast-forwarded through both the Subterranean Complex and the FINAL DUNGEON, the Dream Den, doesn't seem right. Also, why did you remove my quote about comparing it to Zelda dungeons? The caves in Pikmin are practically like Zelda dungeons: they're full of enemies, you get a new upgrade in the dungeon (most of the time), and there's a boss. By that logic, he should've just fast-forwarded every Zelda dungeon because they involve "monotonous tasks" as well (solving puzzles, killing enemies, getting a weapon, etc). Also, he cut out parts of the Titan Dweevil fight where there was "no progress". My mistake, but still, it's silly to cut out (and more insulting), you know, parts of the final boss fight. How about he cuts parts out of final bosses in RPGs, like EarthBound and Mother 3? Those take forever and are just as "monotonous".

Fassad said:
Also, why did you remove my quote about comparing it to Zelda dungeons?

I don't know much about Zelda so I didn't know the Pikmin and Zelda dungeons were similar and I barely saw Wind Waker and didn't see Majora's Mask at all, so I wouldn't know the Zelda dungeons were also monotonous. (I am considering watching Wind Waker though).

Fassad said:
it's silly to cut out (and more insulting), you know, parts of the final boss fight. How about he cuts parts out of final bosses in RPGs, like EarthBound and Mother 3? Those take forever and are just as "monotonous".

The only explanation I can come up with is that those bosses had cutscenes and he didn't want to cheat any viewers out of seeing them. Also, Earthbound was his first LP, so he was probably experimenting with what style would work best for him. Alternatively, you could ask Chuggaa yourself.

As a sidenote, I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, but ever since Chuggaa was free of the 11 minute time limit, he's extended his videos lengths to 12 to approximately 20 minutes, yet he makes the same amount of progress. Compare Sunshine to Galaxy. In Sunshine, he usually got like 2 to 4 Shine Sprites per video, but in Galaxy, he gets 2 or 3 Stars per video despite the Galaxy videos being longer.

Is anybody watching Four Swords Adventures on SuperJeenius' channel.

I think it's one of the first ones that actually includes all the GBA screens and what's happening on them.

i'm watching it, and it's awesome, and really funny too.

i was actually just thinking about posting something about that.

Late response:

Big McIntosh said:
As a sidenote, I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, but ever since Chuggaa was free of the 11 minute time limit, he's extended his videos lengths to 12 to approximately 20 minutes, yet he makes the same amount of progress. Compare Sunshine to Galaxy. In Sunshine, he usually got like 2 to 4 Shine Sprites per video, but in Galaxy, he gets 2 or 3 Stars per video despite the Galaxy videos being longer.

I think the reason for that is most of Galaxies missions are longer than that of Sunshine's. Compare the first mission of Sunshine (the airstrip portion) to Galaxy's first mission (the Gateway Galaxy) and you'll see notice the difference. The Sunshine one takes probably 4-5 minutes at most, FLUDD intro included, while the Galaxy one probably takes more than 10 minutes.

Fassad said:
Late response:

Big McIntosh said:

I think the reason for that is most of Galaxies missions are longer than that of Sunshine's. Compare the first mission of Sunshine (the airstrip portion) to Galaxy's first mission (the Gateway Galaxy) and you'll see notice the difference. The Sunshine one takes probably 4-5 minutes at most, FLUDD intro included, while the Galaxy one probably takes more than 10 minutes.

Also, maybe he's more experienced with Sunshine and it takes less time.

Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

The Undertaker said:
If you noticed carefully, when they're talking about the next project during World 2, at the end of one level RIGHT before the start talking about it, they say Small, Big, Small, Big. I'm not trying to give any hints here....
littlebigplanet_logo_by_juniorneves-d3crrox.png
....how did THAT get in here? Must be a hack attack...ah well.

well look who was right in a weird sort of way

Yes. I wanted to see some LittleBigPlanet Co-Op, the closest thing I got was ZeRoyalViking and ChilledChaos playing some of it randomly.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL75D4B904DB84D0AE

everyone go watch this now

I really hate Kurow as a character right now because it seems to me really stupid that he just defected to Akuro when he was told it was his destiny to do so.

Nabber said:
I really hate Kurow as a character right now because it seems to me really stupid that he just defected to Akuro when he was told it was his destiny to do so.

Not quite. ;)

Nabber said:

I only watched the Finale of the LP, but he does seem kind of like an ass. But I already spoiled the plot for myself when I realized I didn't like the LP, so you can find out what happens when it happens in a video.

Mario4Ever said:
Nabber said:

Not quite. ;)
Well, even if he does plan to hurt Akuro from the inside if that's what you're implying, it's still pretty dumb to switch sides just because a pendant told you to do so.

I mean, didn't this guy destroy the Moon Tribe?

Kurow will explain everything. You'll see.

Okay, Chuggaa is done with Okamiden. Bonus videos will be up soon. He hasn't really said anything about his next LP, except that it will be completely different from Okamiden and more light-hearted (so no Zelda and probably no RPG).

I actually thought he did it already, but I was probably confusing him with capoland. I can't wait.

Back