LeftyGreenMario's Anti-Wario propaganda (fan art thread)

Where is the plot?

There's not much plot. I just like posing characters and manipulating colors and lighting.

Yah, and no, they're not gonna get hurt or killed, in case you're wondering.

Well, I don't know who Flora is, and I'm not sure if Sheen has a model I can use/port for Garry's Mod.

Does he have a model I can use, though?

Your characters? I don't think you can appropriate characters I have full control over in Gmod.

Striker Luigi said:
If he doesn't, you can just import his model from the Model Resource
Sure, but that'll take a lot of time. Ragdolls is just a never easy thing to import for me.

e button for rotating + noclip + lots and lots of practice

Well, this took me three days of near nonstop work, and the rigging hasn't started, but here it is, my second attempt of doing a 3d model of the older Yoshi.

This is my first attempt years ago, which is decent for an earlier model, but I wasn't 100% satisfied with the results and it always looked off in some angles. I also lacked some tools to really nail the look down, as I relied primarily on Maya to model, which is far from an easy task especially when you aren't quite familiar with modeling yet. Also, I didn't use texture tools at the time, relying primarily on painting the UV on Photoshop and viewing the result in Maya, a pretty cumbersome and old-fashioned task.

QlV9frd.png

f3pgonq.png

dv5GBHZ.png

But with the existence of Zbrush, I was able to sculpt a model that's far more accurate to the original, at least with the mesh. Since the mesh is relatively simple, this is just dynamesh sculpting.

abE8Sfw.png

UXjVABt.png

rfhJgR6.png

Since that sculpt was well over a million polys, it can't be ported to any game and it can't really be all that animated. So I decimated the mesh and imported it to Maya, where I retopo the thing to a more reasonable amount of poly and also modeled the inside of its mouth. I also made some minor adjustments to the mesh.

qfTvjHJ.png

jpaWn8z.png

After that was done, I did UV Unwrap with UVLayout and made some UV edits in Maya. The texture sheet looks like this.

8pv7q4p.png

Once I was satisfied, I fired up Substance Painter 2 and painted the textures.

0VYyJfh.png

And then I rendered the results with the built-in render, because why not! But enjoy. Well, just the pictures, the actual model still needs to be rigged. Otherwise, it's just a silly statue.

LyZCuI3.png

Kz8NIHy.png

738qjrS.png

wXOj31o.png

KamWt6Z.png

Revenant Archagent said:
I am now glad they changed his design, because he looks pretty terrifying in 3D. Brilliant model!
It's only terrifying because it never had a chance to really be in 3D. I hope I can give it that chance.

Moldomré: The Crossover Episode said:
Moldo approves of this model.
Real good.
Good. Once I get it rigged and ported to Gmod then I can try to get it and modern Yoshi pointing at each other.

Back