Bn2wvZK.png

KJOFaXU.png

HwZvEqT.png

h3ivaFx.png

D2HBGxv.png

3ZyfmbN.png

pPD9txs.png

Overview
This is a user-based story. As such, users will play a large role in this story. You may freely sign up, though for the sake of the story progressing smoothly, you won't be able to pick a specific character; rather, you can sign up following the guidelines below.

• Name: This will be what you'll be referred to throughout the story. You may include nicknames or aliases, though please specify them as such.
  • Full Character: This means a design for your character and at least a brief description of their personality. Essays aren't necessary; a sentence or two can suffice. Special abilities are allowed, though being overpowered or godmodding is not.
  • Side: You may choose to be a Goodie, a Baddie, a Neutral, or Any/Other. Your role on a side will be determined as the story goes along. If you pick Any/Other, you'll be determined as the story goes on.

Disclaimers
This is a project I'm doing out of my own will on my own time. As such, there may be extended periods of time with no updates. I will try not to abandon this project, but please don't pester me about it either. Doing so may negatively impact your role in the story.

Some users will have a role in the story regardless of whether they sign up or not. If you prefer not to be included in the story at all, feel free to say so as well.

Order of sign ups has no influence on a user's role in the story. Roles will be assigned to the users who best fit the role. I apologize in advance if your role in the story is smaller than your liking, though I will try to give everyone who signs up correctly at the very least a cameo.

If you do not follow the sign-up guidelines, your sign up will be ignored. Please read them carefully!

Sign-Ups
Goodies
The Pyro Guy
Mister Apple
Lakituthequick
Meta Knight
SiFi
MCD
Yoshi the SSM
Luigi 64DD
NEXandGBX
John
Koops

Baddies
Shy Guy on Wheels
Ninelevendo
Stargazing
DragonFreak
GBAToad

Neutrals
BBQ Turtle
Toadbert
Roy
GabbyHayes
Alex95

Any/Other
Anton
Fawfulthegreat64
Roserade
Hooded Pitohui
GalacticPetey
Tucayo

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

Name: Anton

Full Character: Literally my look and description for my Dear Anton persona

Dear Anton is written from the perspective of Anton's user character, taking inspiration from reality, the Marioverse, and exaggerated personas. The character is a quack doctor and skilled hypnotist with dozens of bogus qualifications, is generally absent-minded, aloof, and oblivious to the reality of the situation, and appears to be in the pocket of various organizations and businesses.

Side: I...really don't know. I tend to sign up as the Baddie in most of these, but Dear Anton Anton is more Chaotic Neutral, while personally I'd line up as good. If I'm required to choose, let me know.

Name: Princess L of the Shy Guys (Mainly shortened to Princess L or simply L)
Full Character:
277px-BBQTurtlePicture.png
So you know, it's a Shy Guy mask on my back, the rest of the back is fairly self-explanatory. So you know, said mask is infinitely large so can be used to store huge amounts of stuff that seemingly wouldn't fit (Much like Luigi's pockets in Luigi' Mansion 2).
As for personality, energetic but not particularly positive, slightly sarcastic, but willing to help with whatever needs doing. Not really very confident or social but very smart and artistic. Has a huge love for Shy Guys. Not very sporty but quite strong.
Side: I don't know, it's kind of like a Shy Guy- Sometimes good, sometimes bad, and sometimes neutral. Just whack me wherever you're falling short of characters. I'll keep thinking though if you need a decision.

Name: Toadbert

Full Character: Visuals, what you see on Userpedia and Oregon Trail

I think I described myself as "Bender-like" (as in from Futurama) for Mason's comics, probably because he's an ass who tends to make decisions to benefit himself. Also traits of Mad scientist behaviour as seen in minecraft

Side: Neutral is probably best suited

Name: The Pyro Guy (Pyro and TPG work as nicknames)

Full Character: A Shy Guy with a light yellow cloak, no belt, green shoes and an extra golden hood with a long, pointed tip. Here's a picture. Extremely laid-back, but can become chirpier if acting in self-interest. Sort of stoic to people that he's not familiar with. A Pyrokinetic, being able to create, manipulate and consume fire. Creating fire is very draining to him, so he has a flamethrower to provide fire. Luckily, consuming fire has a restorative benefit to him. He's an aspiring chef, overly optimistic and overconfident in himself.

Side: Good.

MWSg-1-3-9_8.png
AAQUAhz.png

images

Name: Mister Apple (Goes by Apple or Mister Apple, but not Mr. Apple.)

Full Character: An intelligent young human who plays the piano. Often jealous of those better than him, which is most people.

image.jpeg

Schmedit: Side: Good

Name: Shy Guy on Wheels (can be shortened to SGoW).

Full character:
50fdHq4.png

Note: Shorter than a normal Shy Guy.
Personality: Short tempered, sees things negatively.
Abilities: Fast. He's not good at combat, but he uses his speed to dodge attacks. His wheels can be used to cut weak objects such as string, and paper.

Side: Bad, but doesn't work with or for anyone.

Name: Fawfulthegreat64 or Fawfulthegreat, FTG for short, aliases include Greatdimentio and King Antasma.

Full Character: Fawful with yellow glasses, a purple coat, blue bow tie, white gloves and a large white top hat with a blue band around it. Centered on the hat (in the same manner to the M and L for Mario and Luigi etc) is a yellow diamond with the letter F on it.

Artwork:

OEJw8XJ.png

Sprites (incomplete):
7VhdLr4.png

Paper Mario style (credit to LTQ for these):

fawfulthegreat64-explain-mirror.png
fawfulthegreat64-idle.png
fawfulthegreat64-idle-mirror.png
fawfulthegreat64-meh-mirror.png

Personality is pretty much the same as my normal personality but more outgoing, less shy, etc. A bit of a showoff, hence the fancy suit. Tends to have awkward moments as well though. Doesn't talk Engrish like the actual Fawful, but can be imagined with a similar voice pitch. Can use magic in a similar manner to Dimentio, but needs more energy to do things like teleport (so it can't be done just whenever). Despite having some magical capabilities, cannot fly without the help of a platform like the one Fawful uses in M&L:BIS.

Side: I wouldn't say evil but can antagonize depending on the situation. Probably neutral, could side with anyone depending on their goals and the context. So I guess just put me as any/other and go from there, wherever you feel the story should go with it :)

Oh this is neat

Name: Lakituthequick; often abbreviated to LTQ
Full character: Lakitu with red shell, hair and glasses, images are on Userpedia in needed though my avatar is a good start; abilities include being quick (so-so) and having near-infinite supply of Spinies in hammer-space (though not an actual hammer); character includes being knowledgeable about things and being observant, though admittedly occasionally on the wrong moments. Generally helpful, but visibly irritated when people act stupid. When in a certain good mood I make puns on every possible occasion (50/50 on good and bad puns; literally me and brother irl btw).
Side: Goodie

Name: Meta Knight (can be referred to as Meta or MK)

Full Character: Literally just Meta Knight. This includes abilities from the anime, games, etc. Master pilot, Swordsman, good stealth, can summon tornadoes, sword beams, disappear with cape and teleport somewhere else etc.I'm sure you know me well enough to get my personality right but basically ninja-like in the sense where I do whatever I want and can be cold hearted at time but deep down really care (tsundere i guess).

Role: Feel free to make me whatever you want, but I would prefer to be a sort of independent leaning toward good role.

Name: SiFi

Full Character: Tries to be a stoic badass space marine vampire hunter, but most of the time his WACKINESS gets in the way of this image. Because of this, he wears the Dracusaurus Puppet, which acts as the mouth for the WACKY side of him while the rest of the body tries (emphasis on "tries") to be cool. Anything resembling sanity is lost when he transforms into MAXIMUM POWER SIFI. Further details and images on my userpedia page.

Side: Good

Oh this sounds cool, does it involve killing and paint?

Name: Ninelevendo (usually get called Nine for short, Nin11do or Nintendo Lover) Gives himself the title of "The Blue Lightning", though no-one thinks he deserves it.

Full Character: Basically just Mr. L, but blue instead of green, as well as Meta Knight's Cape and Dark Meta Knight's Sword.
A_2017_Ninelevendo.jpg

Personality is basically Mr. L as well, who's arrogant, is a jerk towards everyone and likes to work alone to impress the higher power. Likes testing the strength of his opponents for a good fight, and respects a good opponent.

Powers include Luigi's basic abilities like (super) jumping, mainly uses Thunderhand, cape can turn into wings like Meta Knight, likes to build robotics, pretty fast (cause lightning) and is pretty decent with a sword.

Side: Personally I like the edgy anti-hero type like Meta Knight is in earlier Kirby games who's good but is mainly motivated for selfish desires, so I'm fine with whatever really but for convince sake I'll just say that I'm bad (I'm bad, really really bad.)

Name: MrConcreteDonkey (MCD)

Visuals: Cyndaquil with a top hat. Personality-wise, quite deadpan, quite laid-back. Doesn't really tend to take things very seriously. Really bad at lying. In terms of abilities, pretty much anything a Cyndaquil can do in the Pokémon games.

Side: Good, though also kinda leaning towards neutral, I guess?

Name: NEXandGBX, though in most cases it'll be shortened to Nex.

Full Character: Image of my main and preferred design is here, but if you really don't like it you can go with alternate designs here and here.

Kind of greedy and a prick sometimes but can adapt personality traits to get along with just about anyone. Usually somewhat relaxed. Has potential for great things but slips up in the stupidest ways. Powers is just a Lilligant moveset I guess.

Side: Put me in whatever you think is most fitting or whatever side really needs more people on it.

Name: Stargazing (Star for short)

Description: I think this'll do. Worth nothing though that he has heterochromia and the eye behind his hair is blue. Not sure if that'll be relevant anywhere in the story, but if it is, hey, bonus.

Stargazing's pretty short in comparison to the other human(oid) users. He's pretty shy and kindhearted, and puts those he cares about much higher than he puts himself. However, he's a pretty good actor. He can hide that he's shy or anxious and put on a show by giving himself an extravagant personality to throw people off-guard. He has electric based powers, however, he's only good at summoning electric bubble shields to protect himself and powering electronic machinery and devices.

Side: Bad, either by convincing him that doing so would help someone he cares about, or simply by being forced against his will. He doesn't want to really interact with anyone on that side though, partly becuade of shyness and partly because of conflicting views, but since he's there he kind of has to and is too nice to say no. He also doesn't tend to put on his extravangant actor personality around them.

Since he's a kind character, I feel like that would be a interesting dynamic, but if not, throw me wherever. Also, I bolded the important things in my character description because I wrote too much.

Name: Cynder
Full Character:
HhBzlXL.png
My character is cool and collective and even somewhat nice for the most part, but not so deep inside I'm sinister. I also have a terrible tamper and getting even slightly mad I would explode into rage.
Side: Baddie :bowser:

• Name: GBA
  • Full Character: Based on my Userpedia OC: Toad with a cap that functions as a GBA, though now updated with the gray vest, and black wristbands as seen in Edo's The Secret of AM6 thread. In Dragon Problem the screen on the cap would sometimes show images relating to my current situation (as emotions, I guess). I'm also experienced in dark magic, as only a Toad can have the mental capacity to taim thousands of internal screaming demons. I guess if you wanted to you could say that those wristbands would be how I use my powers (akin to Sabrina from Pokemon), though really I'm pretty much an empty slate as far as powers and abilities go.
  • Side: Any, really. You've probably already got protag characters in mind, and after killing game I'm sure you think I'm a serial killer or something so I'd be happy with Baddie or Neutral, but it'd be nice to be a Goodie as well.

At the moment I can't get links to show you exactly what I'm referencing in the description but I'll modify this and add links when I can. :ashley:

I wont write a full character description, but feel free to have Shokora in there at your discretion. Just have her as something allurring and cunning.

Name: J-Luigi, prefers to be called JL

Design: [I have a picture but it's on my computer and I'm on my phone right now, but fwiw you can use my Twitter pfp. Those overalls are green btw]

A really laid-back guy who just wants everyone to get along. Has the abilities of shapeshifting, telekinesis, and electrokinesis (as I call it). Is a really good liar and can fool people when he needs to.

Side: Can you make so I start good, but turn bad as the story goes on?

Name: Roserade

Appearance is literally just a Roserade, although anywhere between five to six feet tall, rather than three feet tall. Can use vines extended from hands to hoist self up into the air, and can take opponents by surprise by striking them with vines through the ground.
Additionally, he knows four moves: Poison Jab, which adds poison onto the tip of vines; Grassy Terrain, which can slowly heal anybody on the ground; Energy Ball, which is a quick projectile; and Sunny Day, which can increase the power of anybody using fire. Those four attacks have their PP counters from Pokemon: Poison Jab can be used 20 times, Grassy Terrain 10 times, Energy Ball 10 times, and Sunny Day 5 times.

Alignment: Any

Name: Gab
Design: You've seen it countless times.
midnight_by_gabrielehayes-dbee3g1.png
Alignment: Neutral

Name: Hooded Pitohui (short versions can, of course, include HP or Pito).

Full Character: Basically an introverted Toady who enjoys sitting around and reading. Prefers to remain in the background whenever possible, but isn't entirely unwilling to contribute when dragged into a situation. Usually pretty quiet, but quite excitable when someone requests information from them or brings up some random obscure topic that he has read up on (said excitement usually manifests itself in the form of long expository monologues). A very dedicated individual when given any sort of task, and will put in any amount of work required to complete it. As far as abilities go, he can fly in the manner one would expect for a Toady, has some abilities a Magikoopa would (though much more limited and less effective in general), and can provide information in a similar manner to Goombella or Goombario when it's requested.

Design:
B4IFuHP.png

Alignment: Any/Other - Use the character as you wish.

Name: Yoshi the Space Station Manager (Yoshi the SSM or Y(t)SSM for short)
Full Character: Yoshi the SSM is a Red Yoshi and thus has the properties of the Red Yoshis. But he has one power that the others don't have. And that is having the ability to hide in plain amongst the Baddies so to speak, as they know him very well. (You can even have me become an ally after the other Goodies beat a certain Baddy or something of the like.) He also can easier solve math problems and he will do the cleaning if needed. Here is a gif of two images curtesy of Lakituthequick.
Yoshissm-animated_walk.gif
Side: Good

Edit: Forgot to mention some things about my character. I am able to stay focused on a subject and get it done. This is countered with my OCD, which makes me do things that are not normal like wash my hands very often. I also have a speech disorder, but not very bad. I tend not to say complicated words that I cannot spell, and say something much simpler. I am also very weak as I cannot lift my head above my hands in bars, and monkey bars are really hard to do. But other than that I can pretty much do other things. Although, I can get tired very easily if I am working too hard.

Back