Author Topic: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia  (Read 2661 times)

JC

• Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Cheep-Cheep
  • Mario jc
    • View Profile

Grima

• Tactician of Ylisse
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 09:22:27 AM »
Man, I'm not sure I'd even love some characters as much as I do if they weren't fully voice acted

Mae and Forsyth are like, contendors for some of favourite characters in the series because their line readings have so much personality behind them. I love Forsyth's grandeur and Mae's boastfulness so much. Shoutout to Clair for being the right amount of pompous and Leon for being so flamboyant

Finished Act 2, and I enjoyed Celica's part more than alms in every way except the dungeons (although gargoyles were cool). Celica has the better magic, characters, etc. overall

Im actually enjoying the story a lot more than Fates', though the support convos are GBA Fire Emblem tier (i.e. Hi! Hi! We're battling enemies, but your hair looks nice. Bye! Bye!). The only two I've found remotely enjoyable are Clair pouring ether on Gray in their B level convo and Leon asking "what will I do with a bunch of women" in one of his C support convos (and also "youre not my type" to Kamui).

Gamefreak75

• Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • "The hated boss who beats you down..."
    • View Profile
    • Kirby Wikia
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2017, 03:30:41 AM »
The NA LE box is massive. I wasn't expecting it to be that big. Haven't played the game yet, will probably do so in the next few days.

From the artbook, Celica's gang look a lot more interesting than Alm's gang, so I'm expecting to like the former more. The dry supports are a bit worrying though. I know some people didn't really like the goofier nature of some of the Awakening/Fates supports, but at least it made several of the characters more likable/less dry.

Grima

• Tactician of Ylisse
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2017, 04:51:36 AM »
Yeah it's pretty huge here in Aus as well, thanks to that artbook. Havent looked through it yet because spoilers

Anyway huge open maps are fun and all but I kinda wish when Nintendo 'reimagined' gaiden they added a few more units to the maps + maybe reinforcements. I'm not sure if a 1:1 translation from the original game really works following the standard of modern games' maps. Loved the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weasel

• All that and a bag of cool beans.
  • Global Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • MST3K
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2017, 06:15:10 AM »
I'm only a little bit into Act 2.  Trying not to play too much since I'm going on a trip at the end of the week.  Gonna need something to do.  Myrmidon Gray is pretty awesome.

If this much effort went into a remake of a game I've never played before, I'm really excited at the potential for one I actually have played.

Marcia

• Star Spirit
  • Glitchy Bowser Jr.
  • "Stuff it, sponge brain!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2017, 11:19:01 AM »
I really want to get this game because it looks like it improves a lot upon the flaws of the original Fire Emblem gaiden. It looks a lot better than Fire Emblem Fates too. I'll probably end up buying it sometime this summer.

Weasel

• All that and a bag of cool beans.
  • Global Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • MST3K
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 07:59:14 PM »
i'm incredibly slow on picking stuff like this up but

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also at the final map.  haven't beat it yet but holy *bleep* this soundtrack