Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 80098 times)

Roserade

• President of the Literature Club
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
  • "Write your way into his heart..."
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
« Reply #740 on: December 11, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »
You just got it yesterday, so you haven't been able to experience it all.

The point of Breath of the Wild isn't to pop it in, play a few puzzles, and then be done with it. The adventure along the way is more important than the destination. You see those mountains over there? Aren't you curious what's on the other side? You'll discover so many new and different things, and the beautiful accompanying visuals and music will make it all magical. You'll find new shrines and Koroks and enemies and items and possibilities of movement, which is the entire fun of it.

Of course, this playstyle of game doesn't adhere to everybody. You have to be willing to be patient and take it all in. If you're able to do that, then Breath of the Wild will wow you.

Isabelle

• Christmas puppy. Technically not a pup, but what would you call a dog this adorable?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Dog Waifu. Also 8 posh emotes reside here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 12, 2017, 02:23:10 PM »
The thing about it is that the world is so wide you’ll almost never get to see the entirety of it. There’s so much into it, there are things everywhere. Even after having done the main quest and sidequests, it is still possible that you still have a lot of things undiscovered.

What makes Breath of The Wild so great is how big the world is. There’s always something to do, and things to discover. Just when you think you’ve completed the game, nope, there’s more! Every single pixel of the map counts, and while a random rock in the ocean sounds useless, it maybe has a use.

Trust me, you’ll learn to love it.

Ryu

• Koopa Troopa
    • View Profile
    • Cosplay Facebook
« Reply #742 on: February 24, 2018, 04:12:26 PM »
Holy hell BOTW knocked my socks off. It was the game that solidified my Zelda fandom for good. I think the best part about the game is that every single action you perform in it feels rewarding in some way, and there's just so much to do.

Matt

• Goomba
    • View Profile
    • Game Station Forum
« Reply #743 on: May 09, 2018, 09:36:23 AM »
Has anyone here found all Korok seeds? I have 810 at the moment, and am really struggling  :waluigi:

Its like finding peices of a jigsaw, looking all over with no idea as to where they could be
Why not visit my gaming forum at https://game-station-forum.com for the latest gaming news, reviews and discussion

Snoadgamer

• Always ready for Christmas
  • King Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • Snoad also known as Snow Toad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 09, 2018, 10:01:12 AM »
I don't know where they are. Here's a video to help you.

Now I know it's way too long, but just look at the korok seeds you didn't find.
I need questions! | My wiki page
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Metal Mario2

• Mario Rhodes Scholar
  • Banned
  • Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 26, 2018, 12:48:57 AM »
Breath of the Wild is way the heck down at the bottom of my list when it comes to Zelda games. I'd rather play Skyward Sword again, and that's saying something.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 26, 2018, 03:57:28 PM »
Mind elaborating? I disagree heavily and would like to know your thoughts.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 03:59:48 PM by Captain America »

Metal Mario2

• Mario Rhodes Scholar
  • Banned
  • Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 27, 2018, 01:20:10 AM »
I guess it just wasn't my type of game. I didn't like the Divine Beast dungeons, as I personally found them to be far too difficult, what with all the moving and shifting of the environment you had to do. (Admittedly, that's on me. I'm just not very good at complex 3D puzzles. I couldn't even finish Catherine on easy mode.) And though I can certainly appreciate games with big open worlds (Far Cry 3 is one of my favorite PS3 games), I also believe there's such a thing as too big. (Sailing around the entire Caribbean in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag sounded utterly exhausting to me when I first heard about it.) Also, exploring the open world was a drag. Sprinting, climbing, and swimming all take stamina, and you only start out with a little bit. Enemies were insanely overpowered to the point that they could kill you with one hit. And what was even the point of taming a horse if most of the terrain is extremely unfriendly to horseback riding? Never mind that you have to worry about the elements killing you if Link drifts outside his comfort zone. Sure, there are solutions to these hurdles (more health, more stamina, special clothing, etc.), but you've got to spend several hours gimping around Hyrule like an incompetent infant before most of those solutions become available. And finally, I didn't care about the story because Nintendo has rebooted Link and Zelda so many times now that they're basically just hollow cyphers.

All in all, the only Zelda game I'd rank lower than Breath of the Wild would be Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and that's only because that game is literally unplayable.

Quizmelon

• Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 10, 2018, 01:53:55 PM »
This was the first LoZ game I ever played, having previously not been attracted to the prospects of earlier games in the series. But seeing the trailers and marketing made me realise that this one seemed to have a more interesting concept behind it, and so I decided to give it a go. This was a good move. It was brilliant, and managed to keep me occupied for months. I’m hoping that future games in the series follow a similar pattern.

Isabelle

• Christmas puppy. Technically not a pup, but what would you call a dog this adorable?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Dog Waifu. Also 8 posh emotes reside here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 10, 2018, 02:19:29 PM »
Honestly even if the next game returns to the traditional I would buy it. Playing this game got me interested and I noticed that I easily could've played either Skyword Sword or Twilight Princess.

I regret not playing them seen the huge opportunity I had.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #750 on: July 10, 2018, 09:33:31 PM »
Yes. YESSSS! Everyone should be playing Zelda games.

Roy Mustang

• Ex-Convict
  • Cheep-Cheep
  • ArchagentEverlasting
  • Your favorite travel guide guy
    • View Profile
    • Travel Guide with Archagent
« Reply #751 on: September 19, 2018, 11:50:33 PM »
I miss the traditional style tbh. I've probably said that before though.

Waterfall of Flab

• Considering Miyamoto's love for repeated names, I suppose I'm Wario Wario.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • I'm-a WARIO. I'M-A GONNA WIN!
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
Re: Zelda (Wii U)
« Reply #752 on: September 21, 2018, 10:05:51 PM »
But what I want to see most is a open overworld that is bigger than any other Zelda.
I don't think that will happen for a long time.

I just thought like sharing something from the thread's past.

Welp, BotW is definitely open world.

Waterfall of Flab

• Considering Miyamoto's love for repeated names, I suppose I'm Wario Wario.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • I'm-a WARIO. I'M-A GONNA WIN!
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
Re: Zelda (Wii U)
« Reply #753 on: September 21, 2018, 10:28:16 PM »
who knows. the new incarnations (this is referring to Link and Zelda) may be enemies. it differs from game to game

Another taste of the past.

Honestly they...kinda were at the beginning.

« Reply #754 on: September 27, 2018, 02:35:07 AM »
Currently, these are my goals in the game:

Phase 1 (Can be done in any order)

-Obtain the Master Sword.
-Free all four Divine Beasts.
-Recall all of Link's memories.
-Complete all 120 shrines.
-Collect every non-DLC and non-amiibo armor.
-Fully upgrade every armor.

Phase 2 (Currently on this)

-Complete "The Champion's Ballad".

Phase 3

-DESTROY GANON.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:36:45 AM by Magic_Pumpkin18 »