Fanbases that drive you crazy.

MidnaFreak said:
King Harkinian said:
I think WW's cartoony artsyle sucked (although, granted, it was colorful)

Basically it's been like 9 years since i first played this game and even as a 7 year old i hated the graphics

I haven't gotten over it to this day.
I think the reason I dislike it was because it was too cutesy to take seriously. (And don't get the wrong idea, I'm not a CoD fanboy or anything)

The sole fact that the only reason I bought the gc version of it was the bonus oot master quest disc is kind of sad.

MidnaFreak said:
King Harkinian said:
I think WW's cartoony artsyle sucked (although, granted, it was colorful)

Basically it's been like 9 years since i first played this game and even as a 7 year old i hated the graphics

I haven't gotten over it to this day.

Can it be considered tipping a sacred cow if I said Twilight Princesses visuals is no marvel either?

TheFarmboy said:
Can it be considered tipping a sacred cow if I said Twilight Princesses visuals is no marvel either?

Eh I can live with that.

There is a huge difference between TP and WW though, and the graphics of TP dont give me lasting eye cancer sooo

i personally prefer twilight princess's graphics over wind waker's, wind waker's are okay but really not great looking to me

but i'm one of those people who actually kind of enjoyed twilight princess so who cares what i think

MidnaFreak said:
It is almost criminal that the TP fans do not already outnumber the WW fans.
As a WW fan, can you please shut up? Seriously, your problem's not even with the fans. It's just that you don't like the game's graphics. Despite this, you keep going on and on in a thread about fanbases you don't like, so apparently I'm a criminal simply because I like a game you don't.

Well I'm staying with my opinion

also this thread is all about being butthurt with something so w/e i don't care

MidnaFreak said:
Well I'm staying with my opinion

also this thread is all about being butthurt with something so w/e i don't care
My problem isn't with your opinion, it's the fact that I'm insulting you with my mere presence, if what you said is to be believed.

I like OoT best, because it lacks annoyingly cartoony graphics AND gimmicks.

i actually rather liked the visuals of wind walker and the other "toon" games. they always seemed more vibrant and expressive to me, and got away with a lot more design chances than a more "realistic" game like oot or tp could

[/unpopularopinion]

i doubt that's an unpopular opinion

(or, at least, i hope it isn't)

Purple Yoshi said:
But, let's face it, pretty much every fanbase has total psychos that can ruin the entire fanbase for you. Like the ones who use Rule 34.
Excuse me? How are Rule 34 fans "psycho"?

I understand people not liking Rule 34 but when people are so vocally against it, it seems to me like a case of surely thou dost protest too much.

While I haven't experienced it too much first-hand, what I have seen of the Sonic fanbase is pretty bad. I'm sure that's already been mentioned in this thread at some point though.

Also the Mario fanbase (even though I'm a part of it) has some obsessive fans (like that one guy on GameFAQs who makes dozens of sockpuppets and uses them to preach that Daisy is 100% playable in Smash Bros. 4 even though the whole roster has been confirmed)

Magikrazy said:
The Bible's fanbase is crazy.

I mean, they pretty much have a whole religion based around it.
Joking or not, I advise you to be careful. I'm not as religious as I used to be, but I know some people are sensitive about this.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Magikrazy said:

Joking or not, I advise you to be careful. I'm not as religious as I used to be, but I know some people are sensitive about this.
I don't even think I'm even religious anymore lol

It's been so many posts and no one got offended, I'm sure we'll be fine

Rosalina and Luma said:
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Magikrazy said:

I don't even think I'm even religious anymore lol

It's been so many posts and no one got offended, I'm sure we'll be fine
YOU DARE INSULT GOD YOU MUST DIE

Puddink said:
Purple Yoshi said:
But, let's face it, pretty much every fanbase has total psychos that can ruin the entire fanbase for you. Like the ones who use Rule 34.
Excuse me? How are Rule 34 fans "psycho"?

I understand people not liking Rule 34 but when people are so vocally against it, it seems to me like a case of surely thou dost protest too much.

When they go too far with it, they REALLY go too far with it

Child r34 is.something that shouldnt exist. At all.

Take my opinion.with a grain of salt though since I'm sensitive to that stuff

Well I'd be lynched if I advocated in favor of underage Rule 34, so I'm speaking more along the lines of Princess Peach and stuff.

I mean I completely understand if people are creeped out by it but to call people psycho for it is a bit too much. A more appropriate word would be "perverted."

King Harkinian said:
Donatello said:
The Gen 1 people for Pokemon.

I've seen comments like "there's only 151 Pokemon in my book!"

It really doesn't help that Gen 1/Kanto is the most overrated generation/region of Pokemon.
Are you kidding? I don't think there's a single person who likes Gen 1 these days.
Everyone knows gen 2 is the best

Ichabod Crane said:
King Harkinian said:
Donatello said:
The Gen 1 people for Pokemon.

I've seen comments like "there's only 151 Pokemon in my book!"

It really doesn't help that Gen 1/Kanto is the most overrated generation/region of Pokemon.
Are you kidding? I don't think there's a single person who likes Gen 1 these days.
Everyone knows gen 2 is the best
^Shoey gets it.

Olivia said:
The gen 2 fandom. Not the entire fandom, mind you, just the people who say gen 2 is the last good pokemon game.
The last good Pokémon game? When was the first!?

tumblr_lrlf5zKfuP1qjvsoxo1_500.gif

DOHOHOHOHO

Credit to Puddin

Back