Fanbases that drive you crazy.

all of them, every singl...
Mario4Ever said:
Every fanbase that exists, including the ones of which I am a part.
basically this

@gp cuz I don't want to edit that with a godforsaken phone keyboard

Both elitists are equally terrible insufferable assholes. Even though they're practically polar opposites, the reasons they hate each other is basically the same; one thinks the other is super entitled and "don't play the games right" when in fact both extremes are viciously snobbish, entilted, obnoxious asses.

Priam said:
finally, fans of soap operas. like the previous three examples, this all comes down to undeserved praise, as soap operas like eastenders, emmerdale, coronation street, neighbours, what have you, have been going on soooo long that the stories are just re-used and washed up husks of good shows, and always end up with characters bitching about each other. it's not entertainment, so why people keep insisting that it's fun, and come into conversations with "omg did you see what so and so did last night on eastenders?", i will never understand
For the people who watch them, it is fun. I know Hollyoaks has shitloads of flaws, but I still enjoy it at the end of the day. And I guess people talk about it to share their opinions on stuff that's been happening. And yeah sure storylines get repeated, but they're generally repeated with different actors and with certain things it's told from a different perspective.

I'm sort of a mix of both
I mean if a show provides a decent explanation as to all the crazy stuff that's going down (e.g. Generator Rex) then I like it a lot more than most others
Of course there are plenty of cases where I don't care and like it just as much because of all the crazy stuff (e.g. Supernatural).

Pretty much any really large fanbase. And the ones that are overly obsessed with shipping.

But, let's face it, pretty much every fanbase has total psychos that can ruin the entire fanbase for you. Like the ones who use Rule 34.

Purple Yoshi said:
Pretty much any really large fanbase. And the ones that are overly obsessed with shipping.

But, let's face it, pretty much every fanbase has total psychos that can ruin the entire fanbase for you. Like the ones who use Rule 34.

Is there even such thing as a large fanbase that doesn't have Rule 34?

i've been searching r34 stuff for years and I can confirm that the answer is no

r34 phobia is pretty damned stupid and hilarious

but this really isn't the type of thing to be discussing here so i'll say no more

I think I'll bring up another fanbase: Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. Some people are way into that video series and a lot of the fan art that tries to be creepy misses the point of the source. There's also all of the shipping business and drama around it. A lot of "creepy cute" things seem to have especially annoying fans.

Northern Verve said:
Purple Yoshi said:

Is there even such thing as a large fanbase that doesn't have Rule 34?
i don't go looking for it and i still manage to stumble across r34 stuff whenever i'm just trying to search things on google images, so the answer is most likely yes

even for games that you wouldn't expect it at all, like dota 2 and tf2. it's filthy

Every fanbase sucks, but there are varying degrees of inanity. I don't know what people generally think of the Mario fanbase, everyone I talk to here is practically part of that fanbase. I've heard bad things about Sonic, My Little Pony, Twilight, Smash elitists from both sides, and others, but I think you can rank them (albeit with some difficulty).

Magikrazy said:
The Bible's fanbase is crazy.

I mean, they pretty much have a whole religion based around it.
I'd say that its fanbase is arguably the worst. ;)

Fandom (consisting of fan [fanatic] plus the suffix -dom, as in kingdom) is a term used to refer to a subculture composed of fans characterized by a feeling of empathy and camaraderie with others who share a common interest.
Fandom can be a broad term.

i use fandom to speak of a group of people who actively and eagerly participate in celebrating a work, including but not limited to making fanart, fanfiction, and discussions of the work. more specifically, i use the term fandom to refer to the most prominent members of that group

Dr. Mario said:
So, e.g. bad connotation?
It's more like something I just plain don't like seeing. There are some subjects that I hate seeing being brought up regardless of context or reason.

Magikrazy said:
The Bible's fanbase is crazy.

I mean, they pretty much have a whole religion based around it.

Six responses in and already religion is brought up. That escalated quickly.

Can humanity as a whole be considered a fanbase?

Also I'd say the wind waker fanbase sucks, but

since about every zelda fan seems to be in there i can't possibly go this far...

...OR CAN I? :dk:

MidnaFreak said:
Also I'd say the wind waker fanbase sucks, but

since about every zelda fan seems to be in there i can't possibly go this far...

...OR CAN I? :dk:
I think WW's cartoony artsyle sucked (although, granted, it was colorful) but I'm still planning to get the Wii U bundle.

King Harkinian said:
I think WW's cartoony artsyle sucked (although, granted, it was colorful)

Basically it's been like 9 years since i first played this game and even as a 7 year old i hated the graphics

I haven't gotten over it to this day.

Back