Super Mario Maker

Re: Mario Maker

mariomakerlakitu.png

Some things want in the game are Pokeys, Whomps, more graphics (Super Mario Bros. 2, New Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Land), more playable characters, more bosses, and Shy Guys.

Oh yeah, were is Dry Bones? :dk2:

Lumastar said:
I'm pretty sure he'll be in this. He seems like an easy inclusion.

I want at least six graphics and more themes. Where's the haunted house theme? Or the forest theme? Or the desert theme? Or the snow theme?
lol I forgot that, it really needs more of those. And don't forget beach or sky.

I'm sure we'll get more themes.

I hope we get SMB3 enemies like Spike or SMW enemies like Mecha Koopa

I can see why, but it still feels a bit odd that they have Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario Bros. 4 (SMW) but not Super Mario Bros. 2. I know the physics and controls in that game were a lot different but couldn't they at least have included the art style as an option? I mean, Chain Chomps weren't in the original SMB but they appear in this game. They could easily make a Goomba sprite in the style of Mario 2.

It don't bother me none. I was never crazy on the NES SMB2 look

Problem is Super Mario Bros. 2 universe and ennemies are very different from the other 4, it would require to create everything.

It still had things like Bob-Ombs plus not all the enemies would have to be there. I'm sure just the archetypes and art style of levels would be enough to satisfy most people.

It would actually be fun to play through the original SMB with a NSMB skin.

Can someone make exact copies of the original levels and give them NSMB skins?

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I can see why, but it still feels a bit odd that they have Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario Bros. 4 (SMW) but not Super Mario Bros. 2. I know the physics and controls in that game were a lot different but couldn't they at least have included the art style as an option? I mean, Chain Chomps weren't in the original SMB but they appear in this game. They could easily make a Goomba sprite in the style of Mario 2.
Super Mario Bros. 2, is, unfortunately, the forgotten oddball compared to those older games that are the only Mario platformers that exist in Nintendo's eyes.

That's just blatant favoritism at its finest. When you're acknowledging the classics of a series, you don't just skip a game because it's different. It was still released as the sequel to Super Mario Bros. therefore they shouldn't ignore it.

The Hulk said:
It would actually be fun to play through the original SMB with a NSMB skin.

Can someone make exact copies of the original levels and give them NSMB skins?

If the level editor is advanced enough we can essentially make remakes of older games.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
That's just blatant favoritism at its finest. When you're acknowledging the classics of a series, you don't just skip a game because it's different. It was still released as the sequel to Super Mario Bros. therefore they shouldn't ignore it.

In Japan it's just Super Mario USA so they don't consider it a sequel. And iirc in Japan it was released after SMB3 so they technically didn't skip a game.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
You have Lost Levels, though. But think of it, there are hardly any elements from Super Mario Bros. 2, even the enemies bar the Bob-omb that appear as regulars in the Mario platformers. Shy Guys (to give them credit, they are in Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker), Birdo, Pidgits, Ostros, Albatosses, Beezos, Snifits, Phantos, Cobrats, turnips. They have a small reference in 3D World (the character select music and the playable characters' abilities), but that's really about it.

Super Mario Bros. 2's enemies do appear regularly in the spinoffs, I know, but it's the main platformers I'm talking about.

Glitchy said:
In Japan it's just Super Mario USA so they don't consider it a sequel. And iirc in Japan it was released after SMB3 so they technically didn't skip a game.
But Super Mario World?

Glitchy said:
Even then SMB2 wasn't that popular in Japan so it makes sense it would be skipped.
It's still history and it's still a Nintendo-recognized Mario game. It shouldn't be dissed just because it wasn't that popular. And it still has an influence in the Mario spinoffs and partially in 3D World.

I think they just didn't want to bother creating SMB2 versions of all the enemies

I guess. But in that case they're just lazy. I mean, just because they didn't appear in all platformers shouldn't mean they shouldn't be there. Wigglers are still useable enemies.

SMB2 didn't even share some of the core physics of the other mario games

ex.: jumping on enemies to kill them, bowser, most of the enemies (though yeah this could bedone if they really wanted to but i doubt it)

not to mention it really isnt a mario game (originally anyways)

So it gets no respect even if it helped Luigi tall, give the characters their abilities, and the Bob-ombs,Pokeys,and Shy Guys? As noted before a Super Mario Bros 2 skin could work and the physics can work similiar to the other existing ones and throw in any enemy that appears in there.

yes but as youre implying yourself, its just too off compared to the other games in mario maker to make it a full entry

skin could work if theres dlc later

An SMB2 skin would require too much effort.

We'd need SMB2 skins of Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Chain Chomps, Bowser, etc, and all power ups except the star and mushroom.

Then we'd need skins for Shy Guys, Tweeters, Birdos, Mouser, Triclyde, Wart, etc, the grass tufts, the vegetables, the cherries, the magic potions, and other things.

Then there would need to be something to switch between enemies you can stomp and enemies you can pick up and throw.

yoshiking14x said:
So it gets no respect even if it helped Luigi tall, give the characters their abilities, and the Bob-ombs,Pokeys,and Shy Guys? As noted before a Super Mario Bros 2 skin could work and the physics can work similiar to the other existing ones and throw in any enemy that appears in there.
That goes to Famicon Grand Prix II: 3D Hot Rally.

Back