Super Mario Maker

Re: Mario Maker

Still holding on to the hope for a 3D mode where you can make Mario 64-like levels, place stars and name missions, and switch between the graphics of 64, Sunshine, Galaxy and 3D World. :fancy:

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Still holding on to the hope for a 3D mode where you can make Mario 64-like levels, place stars and name missions, and switch between the graphics of 64, Sunshine, Galaxy and 3D World. :fancy:
Hopefully one day, but for now it's a Warp Pipe dream.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:

lol that has as much chance of happening as....rpg thingadoodads

there's absolutely NO WAY nintendo would hide away a feature as huge as this

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
This would be pretty sweet, but alas, it's way too unlikely.

Didn't they say every art style would share the same physics? I wonder how the Super Mario World goal seen in that video will act exactly like a flagpole.

maybe there are multiple goal types?

probably would just have a roulette of the power ups

Oh yeah, they were on cards in that game. Would that whole match up system be in there or would it just be for show? (I don't remember exactly how it worked in SMB3 because I've only played a small portion of a couple worlds over a year ago)

I don't know to be honest. All depends on whether we can create series of levels.

I hope we can make a full game with 8 worlds, 4 custom levels apiece, and making the Bowser fights more interesting (another thing do you think you can make SMB3, SMW or even NSMBU styled final Bowser fights?)

SMB styled worlds seems possible but for Bowser fights I wouldn't expect much else beyond what you had in the original SMB.

Course you'll presumably be able to edit Bowser with various items and things for a bit of variety..

I just think that modern 3D Bowser would look really weird jumping around the way he does in SMB. It worked in that game because of the simple graphics, but in NSMB graphics it would look rather floaty IMO.

Maybe. We won't know till we see.

Still, would be amusing to make a Bowser that breathes fire and throws other enemies.

With wings attached

Why not take it a step further and allow him to breathe out Goombas and throw Parabob-ombs that zero in on the player like Blue Shells.

or he throws hammer bros that throw homing para bob-ombs

be my guest

Back