Super Mario Maker

Re: Mario Maker

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230842-mario-maker-to-feature-multiple-graphic-styles-may-feature-other-non-mario-characters-and-music-maker

okay yeah i need this

I have a feeling as you play more and go through given levels and create new levels, you get new pieces such as enemies tiles, items, scenery. It could be really interesting. And maybe if they do DLC, have exclusive parts that can't be earned in the game unless you get DLC, include different game styles as well like SMB3 and SMW. They can do a lot with this game, but they may not happen. :/

Viridi said:
You know, I actually had this same idea about six, seven years ago back in middle school (or maybe elementary school? it was a while). Of course, at the time I had no idea of balance so I was basically suggesting that one player build the stage with false floors and other stuff that would basically be super cheap and then Mario would never win, but I had the same exact concept.

I distinctly remember drawing it on the back of one of those fast food paper things they put on the tray, although that's probably been thrown away by now.
Music maker?

I'd like the music to be replaced in general. :P But I shouldn't complain about everything.

Maᴙio said:
Viridi said:
You know, I actually had this same idea about six, seven years ago back in middle school (or maybe elementary school? it was a while). Of course, at the time I had no idea of balance so I was basically suggesting that one player build the stage with false floors and other stuff that would basically be super cheap and then Mario would never win, but I had the same exact concept.

I distinctly remember drawing it on the back of one of those fast food paper things they put on the tray, although that's probably been thrown away by now.
Music maker?
No, my idea was some sort of competitive level builder where one player builds a level (like in this game) and then the other player has to run through it.

Super Mario World levels as well?

give this to me now

one thing i would really love is a Mario Maker for Super Mario 64

obviously this game isnt that

just throwing it out there

Magikrazy said:

obviously this game isnt that

just throwing it out there

Super Mario 3D Maker

That would be cool.

you could choose between the 64/sunshine style, the galaxy style, or the the 3d land/world style

or maybe mash them all up if thats possible

No denying it would be extremely difficult to make a user-friendly UI or still advertise it as a game.

A 3D Land/World/Captain Toad one might be doable since a lot of the levels are tiled like the 2D games, but 64/Sunshine/Galaxy would be near impossible without supplying the whole dev kit or it ends up being really limited.

Freakworld said:
Who needs this when you have Lunar Magic?

Magikrazy said:

Google Toad's Tool 64
Both of them require ROMs which a lot of people me including me really do not want to do.

There's also the Reggie Level Editor for New Super Mario Bros Wii. It also seems like it will work with NSMB2 and NSMBU.

But anyways this does look really good. I wonder if it allows for a variety of things to make a full level with lots of detail. Does it also include a Limit on how much can be added?

I believe it does, but from the looks of things you can still do a lot regardless.

I know its a huge stretch but I hope we can make our own worlds (probably just edited versions of the ones from the actual games) and our own bosses, which if included would presumably be variations of Bowser and the koopalings.

on the one hand, this doesn't have as much content as mario builder, which is free

on the other hand, this probably won't crash if you put in more than three bullet bills

i am in a moral dilemma.

i personally can't wait to recreate every mega man stage ever in the smb3 engine

Back