Super Mario Maker

Re: Mario Maker

I think it would probably just have the regular characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Toad, Koopa Troopa) plus a few others like Wario and Daisy.

Magikrazy said:
I think it would probably just have the regular characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Toad, Koopa Troopa) plus a few others like Wario and Daisy.

I highly doubt Donkey Kong, Wario, and Daisy will be characters in this considering how reactionary Nintendo is to using characters outside their comfort zone

If it's very extensive, has many features, multi-player and sharing capabilities, I am all for it. It would be awesome to play through worlds that people have created.

Lumastar said:
I actually can see a Mario Kart Maker happening if this does well.

I don't know why, but I really, really love this idea. Not as a solo game, but implemented in a future Mario Kart game? That would so awesome to me.

meh i shudder at the thought of ----itly made levels. every time you make a game where you can express your creativity, also expect to play some really awful levels

Lumastar said:

This will never happen. It's just too complex.

SZS Modifier, KMP Cloud, and *some other programs I don't remember) is sorta like a Mario Kart Maker, barring the part where you have to model the tracks yourself.

Cirdec said:
Lumastar said:

It's still far from as complicated as a 3D Mario Maker would likely be. Besides, Nintendo would have many past examples if they actually made a Mario Kart Maker. In fact, they already experimented with track creation back in the 64 era with Excitebike 64 and F-Zero X.

The shooting enemies out of cannon thing looked neat.

but I don't care for level building stuff so I'll pass.

Lumastar said:
Cirdec said:
Lumastar said:

It's still far from as complicated as a 3D Mario Maker would likely be. Besides, Nintendo would have many past examples if they actually made a Mario Kart Maker. In fact, they already experimented with track creation back in the 64 era with Excitebike 64 and F-Zero X.

A Mario Kart Maker would have bland tracks like Brawl stage maker, there is no way a builder which allows to recreate every Mario Kart 8 track would happen.

Nice to see that more contents have been added onto Mario Maker. It'll be interesting to see what can be cooked up with that software once it's finally released to the public.

Lumastar said:
Cool avatar, LTQ!

Anyways, one of the developers of the game mentioned that there may be aspects from other Nintendo franchises. Perhaps Metroid?

This just made me even more excited. Mario having to avoid Octoroks and Deku Babas while running through Brinstar. That would awesome.

(Okay, something like this probably won't happen in the game, but it still sounds cool to me.)

I am excited of this game!
I am also happy because they included a Super Mario Bros 3 Mode and a Super Mario World mode, this means there is a big chance to see Yoshi from his original appearance and possibly the Goomba shoe and the frog suit. I wonder if Super Mario Bros 2 would be included.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing an actual release date being announced for this upcoming Mario Maker installment. I just hope that more "environments" are still being planned to be added amongst the four that we're seeing now.

Do you think it will come out in retail form like they did with NES Remix Pack? I think it would help the game to sell.
What about Mario Maker + Dr.Luigi in one disc?
Is it confirmed to be an e-shop exclusive?

Back