Mario Golf: World Tour

Anser said:
U freak said:
They should bring back a few of the fairways from 64 like the DK jungle coarse. Toadstool tour was a great game, but lacked minigolf from 64, so I hope they bring it back.

Course* And yes. Mini-Golf must return, but a little bit more challenging.

Thank you for spell check, I tried two or three ways of spelling course but none of them looked right.

U freak said:
Anser said:
U freak said:
They should bring back a few of the fairways from 64 like the DK jungle coarse. Toadstool tour was a great game, but lacked minigolf from 64, so I hope they bring it back.

Course* And yes. Mini-Golf must return, but a little bit more challenging.

Thank you for spell check, I tried two or three ways of spelling course but none of them looked right.

You're welcome :) Always trying to help people write better. I'm a proud Grammar Nazi.

How many courses do you think we're getting?

Not sure. How much courses do we usually get in golf? But we usually get about 18 (or is it 17? I can't do math) holes per course, so we probably won't get too many.

A standard golf course has 18 holes. In Toadstool Tour, there are 7 courses so I'm gonna guess around 6 for World Tour, one of which is a Par 3 or Pitch and Putt course.

I'm going to assume there's going to be 6-7 courses, with the possibility of DLC courses.

Well, we got 6 courses in Mario Golf, along with 2 Mini-Golf courses. I'd be fine with 7-8 this time around.

They(nintendo) should throw in some challenges levels or some longest drive or closest to pin challenges for each hole, just sweeten the deal. We most likely will be paying 39.99 for this game you know.

Maybe they'll return the Birdie challenge?

Damn, I usually leave the music OFF in my games

It makes it sound so darn lonely and eerie.

Baby Luigi said:
Damn, I usually leave the music OFF in my games

It makes it sound so darn lonely and eerie.

I could not play without music. I mean, missing masterpieces like the one I posted above? Heh, I don't think so.

I still hope the option to turn off the music is available, so I can hear the character noises without audio interference

Finally snagged the time to put in my two cents on this.

I mean, after Mario Tennis Open, I wasn't surprised that the folks at Camelot would develop this game for the Nintendo 3DS. Looking forward to getting after this installment when the release date is announce. I'm also hoping that my faves (which some of you may already know about) make the cut when the game gets finalized.

Also, Baby Luigi, definitely agree with you on that front. I was really disappointed when Mario Tennis Open did NOT have that option.

New gameplay footage in today's nintendo direct. I'm definitly going to buy this one, what about you guys?

I was gonna get this on day one anyway. I like the fact that they're implementing the Community feature from MK7 in this.

My standards for this game are pretty high at this point. I have been playing the n64 mario golf alot lately and I know there not going to make the new game exactly like it but I hope they at least do some retro courses or somthing.

It will probably be more like toadstool tour than anything else.

Mario Kart 7, Mario Tennis Open, Pokémon X, Super Smash Bros. 3DS, and now this footage comes out. I may start saving money for a 3DS...

My observations:

Daisy's getting a new dress.

I liked the fact that all characters have their own specific golf balls. Bowser's ball is black and has his face painted in orange.

Why does Mario's clothes look orange in this game?

And a tournament where you can only play as Luigi? Wtf is that?! That's ridiculous!! I want to play the whole game with my favorite characters!! This thing of the year of Luigi is getting too far now.

You should definitly buy one, it's worth it.

From the new info I've seen from this morning's Nintendo Direct, I find this to be very interesting. I'm just happy that our two main Mario girls (Peach, Daisy) are going to be part of this, but that was obvious from the start.

And speaking of Peach -- did she somewhat turn her golf club into her parasol in that "celebration"?! Very clever, Camelot. :P

Anser said:
And a tournament where you can only play as Luigi? Wtf is that?! That's ridiculous!! I want to play the whole game with my favorite characters!! This thing of the year of Luigi is getting too far now.

If it's really the Year of the Luigi, then the appropriate action is to make Baby Luigi playable, y'know?

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

If it's really the Year of the Luigi, then the appropriate action is to make Baby Luigi playable, y'know?

I agree, only as long as Rosalina is playable as well.

Well, Rosalina is already there in Mario Party 3DS while Baby Luigi's got nothing except a mention

Back