Mario Golf: World Tour

U freak said:
There was a cheat for mario golf 64 to unlock everything.

Bring back minigolf!!

I had to use it to unlock Metal Mario. It was impossible for me. I think that cheat code should be brought back.

Anser said:
U freak said:

Bring back minigolf!!

I had to use it to unlock Metal Mario. It was impossible for me. I think that cheat code should be brought back.

There was a cheat code? I was even not aware.
Anyway I don't think they will add cheat codes, I don't remember any Mario games since the Wii where there are.

Here it is for those of you who don't have it,

when the "press start" screen appears, enter

Unlock All Secret Characters Down, Down, Left, Left, Left, Right, Right, Right (D-Pad for all), C-Down, C-Down, C-Left, C-Left, C-Left, C-Right, C-Right, C-Right.

Complements of gamefaqs.

Cirdec said:
Anser said:
U freak said:

Bring back minigolf!!

There was a cheat code? I was even not aware.
Anyway I don't think they will add cheat codes, I don't remember any Mario games since the Wii where there are.

Mario Sports Mix had an unlock everything cheat code.

I disagree with having a cheat code in the game to unlock everything. If anything, you should back-up your saves if you want to save your data from the Wii crashing or something.

I know it's stupid that some games don't let you back up saves. Like Wi-Fi games such as Mario Kart Wii. And I know it's a f'ing hassle to get your save back when you lost it due to some sort of system failure. I've been through that more times than I can bear.

I want some more Mario elements into the courses. I dont want to just to play as Mario characters on a normal golf course. I know that Toadstool Tour featured some Mario elements, but that wasn't quite enough for me, after all it is a :mario: game.

PrincessOfPeaches said:
I want some more Mario elements into the courses. I dont want to just to play as Mario characters on a normal golf course. I know that Toadstool Tour featured some Mario elements, but that wasn't quite enough for me, after all it is a :mario: game.

I totally agree with this. Toadstool Tour felt like a standard golf game with Mario characters just thrown there. The courses should have Mario-related things, like Mario Golf 64, where Koopa Park had Koopa shells all over the place, or where Yoshi's Island had giant fruits everywhere. In Toadstool Tour, only Bowser's Badlands made you feel you were in a Mario game (although I hated that course; I don't like dark worlds and lava worlds and that course has both). I think we're getting that "Mario" feeling this time, seeing the Mega Goomba there.

Hajime Hinata said:
advance tour star holes were pretty cool with that

i should replace that game sometime
What do you mean by replace huh?

Am I the only one that thought the GBA golf game wasn't that great? It's probably just me, but eh.

Even if the golf courses in Toadstool Tour weren't "mario-centric", I still loved the atmosphere some of them had, especially the Shifting Sands one at the last few holes.

Also, Peach's Castle Grounds had Pikmin, so that's obligatorily the best course.

Anser said:
In Toadstool Tour, only Bowser's Badlands made you feel you were in a Mario game
Peach's Castle Grounds, man. And even then, every course after the second one was just "out there" enough to give it that Mario kinda feel. Shifting Sands, for instance, didn't really have any Mario elements (save for Klepto flying around on a few holes) but at the same time, it's not at all something you'd see in a Tiger Woods PGA Tour game.

I feel like I should pick up Toadstool Tour, but I absolutely despised the golf on the wii so I'm not sure the Mario golf games will be good for me.

Agreed with making more Mario elements in courses. Lakitu Valley, for example could use more, uh Lakitus.

But Mount Mushmore was very cool. :D

Anser said:
where Yoshi's Island had giant fruits everywhere.

Not to mention the wild Donkey Kongs making random noises.

Baby Luigi said:
Not to mention the wild Donkey Kongs making random noises.

LOL. I remember that. I would get angry because Yoshi's Island's theme is my favorite theme in the whole game and I would go all "STFU Donkey Kong, you're ruining the song".

And yes, Mount Mushmore was awesome.

What would you guys think if Toadsworth became playable? I think it suits him, since golf is sometimes related to old people. Of course, at least Toad would have to become playable, which is something I also want. Toadette could also join the fray.

Toadsworth is an awesome character but I doubt he'll be playable in this game, especially if TOAD doesn't have much of a shot and ends up as a host.

Looker said:
I'd rather see Toadsworth playable than Toad.

Me too, but Baby Luigi is right. Toad will most likely be the host again, and if he doesn't have a chance, I guess Toadsworth doesn't have a chance either :( Toad would be a cool golfer, though. He could be the game's Plum.

Besides, Toadsworth hasn't appeared in a game since Super Sluggers, which is practically the same fate as Toadette and Baby Luigi. Except that Toadsworth has less chance than either of the two since he has appeared less as a playable character than either of them. And Baby Luigi does have a shot at this game, since Baby Mario is likely to return.

He did? I don't know much about that game, neither do I know much about timelines. Seriously, I suck when it comes to specific chronological dates in a certain time period.

I KNOW that for a fact that Toadette hasn't appeared in Mario Party 9 as she should.

Same for Baby Luigi in Mario Tennis Open.

It just feels like Nintendo is flipping me off now, since both of my favorite characters get rejected when they should have the spot in those two games.

They should bring back a few of the fairways from 64 like the DK jungle coarse. Toadstool tour was a great game, but lacked minigolf from 64, so I hope they bring it back.

U freak said:
They should bring back a few of the fairways from 64 like the DK jungle coarse. Toadstool tour was a great game, but lacked minigolf from 64, so I hope they bring it back.

Course* And yes. Mini-Golf must return, but a little bit more challenging.

Back