Mario Golf: World Tour

I got the game as part of the Club Nintendo Platinum reward so it's another game I can bug you about to play multiplayer with. :luigi:

Kyon said:
Also DLC is cool, Sparkling Waters in particular is an amazing level; just ask Ice here
It's a wonderful course that always makes you want to go back to it... especially in multiplayer. It's always better in multiplayer.

i've played the demo a couple'a times, the gameplay's kinda fun but for the most part, but it does seem like something i could get bored of quickly.

so how's all the extra content? is there anything worthwhile to unlock or is it just kind of a completionist thing/beat so-and-so's record?

the multiplayer sounds like it could be fun tho.

Each stage has 10 missions that give you one star coin each. Once you collect them all you can re-do it but with harder missions for Moon Coins. You only need a few star coins to unlock every character so it's mostly bragging rights/completionist bait afterwards.

I don't think Castle Club has ongoing tournaments anymore so I'm not really sure what you can do in there. There's some single player golf if you're into that. A few side games like the One-Shot, One-Putt Challenge which are questionable in difficulty, the one I mentioned took me two tries so it wasn't really a 'challenge'.

Multiplayer is fun.

Last time I checked about a month ago, Castle Club tournaments were still going on.

Wow, they're still going on? That's actually kind of impressive. I wonder if some of the people who were getting top scores at the start are still around. Maybe they're just randomly generated.

Ok, I actually started playing this game and it's really addicting. I only have 23 star coins, so I haven't unlocked the rest of the Mario World stages or the last two 18-hole courses (Sky Island and desert world course.

i like it so far, but at the same time not really a game i can play too much of in one sitting.

so what's the get rich quick scheme for this game

Yuki Nagato said:
i like it so far, but at the same time not really a game i can play too much of in one sitting.

so what's the get rich quick scheme for this game

Gold Mario.

Do you really get much from him, I feel like it's way easier just to place well in tournaments and rake in ##k coins at the end of the week. I think the reward depends on your placing + how many people entered the tournament so it might not be so useful any more.

I think I want to play this game a little more. I might start doing challenges again since I stopped at 40 Star Coins, they aren't that entertaining but I still need to unlock three of the characters. I'll probably just try to get better so I can play with friends and not choke.

I spent 260k coins on Mii Gear last night lol I need about 15k more and I'll have all the shoes as well.

I guess that's understandable, I still think it's worth it if you like the game since it's nearly double the amount of content. Probably worth it if you got it before the price went up.

I enjoyed the DLC maps more than the default ones though, Koopa Park and Sparkling Waters are still my favourites. They all had better hole layouts, more interesting ones at least. I remember playing four player Koopa Park a year ago, that was great.

Get a star character at least.

Yuki Nagato said:

I'm literally the exact opposite because Mario Golf is the only Mario sports series I like, unless you count Mario Kart I guess?

I think I remember the occasional DLC Coin Rush tournament being incredibly good sources of moolah besides ranking high in tournaments, so there's that if you have it, otherwise just tournaments in general is the way to go because Gold Mario is slow and impractical.

I want to get back into playing the tournaments but man it's torture on a New 3DS; you can't bypass the horrible loading times when you try to enter the tournament selection screen.

Welp, I think I found my first major complaint with the game: the wind in challenges.

Seriously, which shithead thought that putting wind, especially strong ones, in challenge mode was a good idea? It's fucking stupid and makes all the goddamn challenges too luck dependent because sometimes you have wind that makes your ball go too far or wind that makes it go just short so you fall in the fucking pit or can't get the stupid ring and it's just plain bad design. Seriously, I think after I unlock Birdo, I'm done with challenges because it's too idiotic and stressful.

I hope whoever designed it gets beaten to a pulp with a golf club.

I was under the impression that every hole and challenge was still doable even with wind, since you can account for it before you shoot.

I'm never playing tournaments again, I picked up my coin rewards from tournaments from a year ago and then bought the rest of the shop items. Now I don't think I'll ever need that much money again so I have no reason to play them anymore. They were fun for the first few weeks but after I realized all the tourney rewards are given to you for purchase later then I stopped caring.

12 hours of gameplay so far.

since my interest is already kind of fading i don't think i'll get as much out of this game as ice.

I think it was easier when the game was fresh and everyone played in the tournaments and stuff.

I also did a lot of multiplayer and I've done most of the game's Star/Moon Coin Challenges. And a lot of stroke play in the Mario Golf mode because I was bored and/or wanted to practice (for the tournament last year).

Kyon said:
I was under the impression that every hole and challenge was still doable even with wind, since you can account for it before you shoot.
Usually it is, but some holes feel like they're impossible if you have adverse wind in your face.

So I finally have all 160 Star and Moon Coins in the game, thank goodness.

It's such an ordeal, so many of the Ring Master + Star/Moon Coin Challenges are just downright cheap and require fluke luck or mulligan abuse, I can't believe I withstood all that.

The challenges outside of those (bar Sparkling Waters; screw the entire course) were such refreshing breaks that I always wanted to last longer, so I tried doing the RM + S/MCC ones first and it worked fairly well.

And somehow I left with my sanity, but I don't recommend doing the same as me, or if you do, at most stop at 100 Moon Coins so you get everything and don't suffer longer.

The Costume Challenges in this game is... I wonder how many people can beat those, especially the Coin ones. Also, I am yet to unlock the Sky Island because even before I did the One-On, One-Putt challenge, I am already intimidated by this since I am not confident enough with my putting skills.

The game felt surprising not that long, but I suppose the main premise of this game is the tournaments, which I am yet to enter. I wonder how tough those are since I can imagine competition getting rough here.

Thanks for reading.

Back