Mario Golf: World Tour

These are my rosters:

The initial one:

mariogolfmushroomtourna.png

After everyone has been unlocked:

I know it's a little bit exaggerated. There's no way so many characters are making it in, especially on a 3DS game, but that's what I would like.

Anser said:
I know it's a little bit exaggerated. There's no way so many characters are making it in, especially on a 3DS game, but that's what I would like.
In the previous 2 3DS spinoffs, the staff seems to put about only 3~4 more places than a DS one. I hope at least the main characters who didn't get in the previous Kart and Tennis 3DS can be in this time.

I'm sure what others would talk about Baby Wario. If not Baby Luigi or Daisy, I'd put a Katana or 9volt instead.

Dorayaki said:
Anser said:
In the previous 2 3DS spinoffs, the staff seems to put about only 3~4 more places than a DS one. I hope at least the main characters who didn't get in the previous Kart and Tennis 3DS can be in this time.

I'm sure what others would talk about Baby Wario. If not Baby Luigi or Daisy, I'd put a Katana or 9volt instead.

Hmm... I wouldn't like WarioWare characters to get in... They're too obscure and they don't fit in.

Anser said:
Hmm... I wouldn't like WarioWare characters to get in... They're too obscure and they don't fit in.
Well, art design isn't a good reason, which doesn't do with being in spinoffs. If not the more distinctive the better, you can call it a wrong design from the start.

Ghirahim said:
I'll only get it if there is online, because I have no one to play it with me, and one player kinda sucks.

For me Toadstool Tour was awesome even in one player.

Anser said:
These are my rosters:

The initial one:

Why is luigi unlockable

Why

NSY said:
Anser said:
These are my rosters:

The initial one:

Why is luigi unlockable

Why

Because he was unlockable in Mario Golf 64, and because he has also been so in all three Super Smash Bros. games.

Anser said:
NSY said:
Anser said:
These are my rosters:

The initial one:

Why is luigi unlockable

Why

Because he was unlockable in Mario Golf 64, and because he has also been so in all three Super Smash Bros. games.
Firstly, so was Mario in MG64.

Secondly he was default in every other game I could think of.

My roster:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Koopa Troops
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Birdo
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Shadow Metal Mario
Boo
Petey Piranha
Toad
Toadette
Shy Guy
Paratroopa
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Rosalina
Dry Bowser (had an empty spot)

I don't think Golf has large roster.
12 characters will final roster.
Mario
Luigi
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Daisy*
Diddy Kong*
Bowser Jr.*
???*

I wish do not make Yoshi pallet-swap for QR again.

NSY said:
Firstly, so was Mario in MG64.

Secondly he was default in every other game I could think of.

That doesn't mean he can't become unlockable again. And I never liked that Mario was unlockable, that's why I didn't make him unlockable in my roster.

Tempest Tales said:
I don't think Golf has large roster.
12 characters will final roster.
Mario
Luigi
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Daisy*
Diddy Kong*
Bowser Jr.*
???*

I wish do not make Yoshi pallet-swap for QR again.

Make that ??? become Rosalina, and we're good. And yes, no more Yoshi recolors for QR characters again.

You Luigi is a major major character in the series, he can't just be some secret dude.

Honestly, I'd be perfectly fine if they just reused Toadstool Tour's roster and maybe swapped Shadow Mario for Shy Guy.

NSY said:
You Luigi is a major major character in the series, he can't just be some secret dude.

I repeat: he's been unlockable in the past many times. Nothing stops him from being unlockable again.

Poppy Bro Sr. said:
Name every Mario game where Luigi is unlockable (Smash Bros doesn't count).

Just one is enough: Mario Golf 64. The fact that it already happened once gives chance for the event to occur again, especially if we're talking about games in the same series and produced by the same company.

MarioGolf 64's roster kinda sucked. The only starters were Princess Peach, Baby Mario, and two nameless facelesses.

EDIT: The roster was based on how powerful the characters were.

Anser said:
Poppy Bro Sr. said:
Name every Mario game where Luigi is unlockable (Smash Bros doesn't count).

Just one is enough: Mario Golf 64. The fact that it already happened once gives chance for the event to occur again, especially if we're talking about games in the same series and produced by the same company.

That's like saying spin the control stick minigames could return in Mario Party, but they removed them for a reason.

Poppy Bro Sr. said:
MarioGolf 64's roster kinda sucked. The only starters were Princess Peach, Baby Mario, and two nameless facelesses.

I agree there. I've always been against generic humans being part of Mario games (which is why I hate Miis). Then again, the fact that the roster sucked doesn't mean it never existed. Luigi (as well as Mario) were unlockable in that game, which means there are (very slim) chances that it occurs again. I'd like Luigi to be unlockable to change things a little bit this time around, so we don't have basically the same roster over and over again. Mario, on the other hand, shouldn't be unlockable. I remember when I was 7 and I played MARIO Golf 64 for the first time I was like "What the heck?? Where's Mario?". I also think Bowser should be unlockable like in Mario Golf 64 since he's definitely one of the best players in the game because of his tremendous strength. He's like a very hard-to-get trophy.

Cirdec said:
That's like saying spin the control stick minigames could return in Mario Party, but they removed them for a reason.

Of course not. It's totally different. The Control Stick mini-games were removed because they were causing blisters to players (I got a lot myself). This time we're talking about a game feature. It's like in Super Smash Bros 64, where the characters had specific intros to when they got to the stage. It was removed in Melee, but the feature was re-introduced in Brawl.

Besides, I don't see why everyone is getting all fired up for Luigi being unlockable. What's the problem? :S

Back