The Official "Subspace Emissary" story analysis

wsbm

King Bowser
The Subspace Emissary is about the kid from the first game going through puberty. Playing with toys (and Nintendo in general) had become childish and "Tabuu" for an adult. Master Hand is the child, just playing with his "toys" (the trophies). Tabuu is the kid growing up. He starts putting away his toys and his "playsets" (the stages and locations in the Smash Bros. universe) and starts to forget about them. Eventually, he gets a PS3 and Metal Gear Solid 4 (which becomes Shadow Moses Island) for Christmas. He also gets a Solid Snake figurine from his Grandmother, who didn't know he had deemed playing with toys kiddy and pointless long ago, and he tosses it in with the Halberd playset, still unopened. Crazy Hand, his destructive and slightly "off" cousin who Master Hand hadn't seen in 7 years comes to visit bringing his new Sonic figurine which triggers the nostalgia, kills "Tabuu" and Master Hand starts bringing out the toys and playsets, all but one, a "floating" island with and underground factory, the playset he would use as his R.O.B. figurine's homeland, the biggest one of them all, had cracked in two.

hm...intruiging...

It actually makes some sense. I mean, maybe it´s not that complicated but it´s not that crazy of an interpretation to take Tabuu as the child whose hands are master and crazy hand (as SSB64 somewhat implied).

Easmo said:
It actually makes some sense. I mean, maybe it´s not that complicated but it´s not that crazy of an interpretation to take Tabuu as the child whose hands are master and crazy hand (as SSB64 somewhat implied).
I understand, but it is wierd

Back