:O

Look at this fact I found

In the original arcade Donkey Kong game, Mario was called Jumpman and he was a carpenter, not a plumber.

Actually, I think both are right. The arcade flyer said Donkey come from the Zoo, while the NES version instruction manual state that Donkey was Mario pet.

Who has a monkey for a pet? :|

Xzelion said:

It's a video game.

Off-topic: I remember some guy at a talk show, he said sometthing about his uncle living with... a female monkey, I am not kidding.

Well, i guess we should stay on topic now...

Uniju said:
Dude, that was a Game & Watch!

The ARCADE GAME said he was an escaped zoo gorilla :roll:

In Mario Bros., M&L were said to have been born in Brooklyn.

RETCONN'D!!!!!!!

Technically, M&L were born on Yoshi's island. After that they resided in the mushroom kingdom.

(YIDS)

WARNING! FANON!

30 years or so later, Mario starts a new life in big ape city, DK island under the alias Jumpman to avoid being pursued by the Koopa troop. He met Pauline there and they both lived in a dangerous hideout. (This was the second to last level of DK jr.)

FANON OVER

(DK Classics)

(All the other Mario Games)

A retcon such as DK coming from the zoo has just as much an effect on the Marioverse.

Xzelion said:
My third cousin. Seriously.

But back on topic... The whole carpenter thing makes sense with Donkey Kong, what with its construction site theme. And Mario was apparently only called Jumpman in the Japanese version of Donkey Kong, although I've actually seen a DK machine that calls him Jumpman here in the states.

YellowYoshi398 said:
Xzelion said:
My third cousin. Seriously.

But back on topic... The whole carpenter thing makes sense with Donkey Kong, what with its construction site theme. And Mario was apparently only called Jumpman in the Japanese version of Donkey Kong, although I've actually seen a DK machine that calls him Jumpman here in the states.

Schweet.

Where's that?

BTW, I heard an arcade near me stocked up on both MKGPs. Gotta go play!

To be truthful I just really skimmed until the quotes.

"I'm not going to hurt you,Wendy.I'm just going to brake you *coin sound or bleep*...neck"....What a language Mario.

Back