Full Metal Alchemist

Guiliant

Shine Sprite
Pronouns
He/They
Anime. I believe not much people watch t, since its a bit to Mature, and its an anime. Why dont you people like anime? D:

I like it non the less. It even had one movie. I loved the Movie. Its the Movie I tried to put on my user page. (Xzelion said to remove it lol)

Anyone lese watch it?

Uniju said:
I saw it once...

I like Bleach better... =P

I never saw Bleach :P

Alphaclaw11 said:
that show is at like 2:00 in the morning

No it isnt. Its on earlier, you just probably dotn see it on.

Snack said:
Uh, Moogle, I thought you hated anime, but now you say you love it your signature :?

I never said I hated anime. >.<

If I did link plz

Moogle said:
Snack said:
Uh, Moogle, I thought you hated anime, but now you say you love it your signature :?

If I did link plz

It was here: http://forum.mariowiki.com/viewtopic.php?t=492

You said in the 5th post in that topic;

Moogle said:
Naruto is stupid. Anime sucks, exept for 2 shows- Pokemon, Ebichu.

Snack said:
Moogle said:
Snack said:

If I did link plz

It was here: http://forum.mariowiki.com/viewtopic.php?t=492

You said in the 5th post in that topic;

Moogle said:
Naruto is stupid. Anime sucks, exept for 2 shows- Pokemon, Ebichu.

Nevrar

Isn't it a movie?

Xzelion said:
Isn't it a movie?

Teh exaact movie that I tried to put on my usah page.

Yeah, but it was adapted from an anime.

I watched most of it from your page, BUT I HAD NO SPEAKERS! :(

Xzelion said:
I watched most of it from your page, BUT I HAD NO SPEAKERS! :(

lol pwnt

I iwsh they would continue the series. D:

The last episode of the anime will be aring pretty soon. DDDDD:

FMA's pretty cool. Not my favorite, but it's up there. =D

Phoenix Rider said:
FMA's pretty cool. Not my favorite, but it's up there. =D

Yayz another FMA fan :D

Needz moar necro-bump

Saw the anime once or twice, but I read the manga. Is Sloth really a woman in the anime, or is it just in the movie?

Recently, I picked up some Fullmetal Alchemist manga during my last visit to Barnes & Noble, and I bought several episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on iTunes to catch up to the series, so I'm in an FMA mood, as of late. It's weird, because I started out watching the first anime, then started reading the manga, then I watched Brotherhood. I didn't see any movie that was made based on the series.

The first anime, it started out really engaging but then it just got really depressing with an ending I'm not really satisfied with... I'm actually surprised at how much was different compared to the manga, whether it be events that happened, characters that managed to survive or get killed off sooner or later, just a lot of interesting stuff... So far, I'm up to episode 14 with Brotherhood and chapter 32 with the manga... I'm actually starting to catch up to where I am with the manga, THAT'S how fast these episodes go by! Also, names in the anime are romanized differently compared to the manga... Part of me wants to read the manga before the anime, because, like I said, Brotherhood leaves out some details that explains some things better, though it does take more time. In a way, it's almost like an animated abridged (though not in a comical way) version of the manga, and that can be both a good and bad thing...

For all the first one's faults, I have to admit, it really took it's time, let us get to know some characters. Sometimes one-shot characters would get more screentime and were given more depth, sometimes with explanation or backstory added, whether it was in the manga or not.

With Brotherhood, like I said, it just feels like everything is being rushed. Certain stories and characters were either brushed over or skipped all together, and some details (like the reason why Mustang came to Resembool) get left unmentioned. That said, it IS closer to the manga, and if One Piece has taught us anything, it's that sticking to the source material is good. After all, you never know what might just be an important plot point later on... Of course that's kind of pointless seeing as I found out the manga actually ended in 2010 (it lasted 9 years, that's impressive), so now they know what is and isn't important.

Also, at first it was hard to get used to some new voice actors. For example, I thought Al sounded more girly this time around. The last one sounded like an actual little boy. Regardless, I still think it's rather cute to have such a soft voice in a large armored body. As for everyone else, I need to look up who their voice actors were, but I definitely remember Edward was Vic Mignogna, Major Alex Louis Armstrong was Chris Sabat, Lt. Colonel Maes Hughes was Sonny Strait, and that Barry the Chopper was Jerry Jewell (I remember because he also voiced Kaku in Unlimited Adventure).

So yeah, I loving this, it's probably one of my favorite anime/manga of all time.

Also, from what I can tell, Sloth is only a woman in the first anime, he's a guy in the manga and second anime.

Back