The PaperMario.com-ic

Krizzy said:
No, I'm afraid that road won't work. :( I've been searching Google Image for some, but they're all vertical like that. :'(
I search google images too

You need like, backgrounds. Any kind of backgrounds would work, just not plain brown.

The text in the blue speech bubbles is barely readable. You might want to either make the text white or use a lighter shade of blue for the bubble.

Herr Shyguy said:
You need like, backgrounds. Any kind of backgrounds would work, just not plain brown.
Exactly. How can I get some?
Edofenrir said:
The text in the blue speech bubbles is barely readable. You might want to either make the text white or use a lighter shade of blue for the bubble.
I'll try that...

Can you make sprites?

Or do you need them provided.

(as you can see i want to join)

(I will decide villian or good guy after you answer my question)

Krizzy said:
Herr Shyguy said:
Krizzy said:
Herr Shyguy said:
I use the Spriter's Resource.*

*Translated for convenience.

Caann you give me a page?
Well, I can't tell you what background you want to use, but as an example, here's a sheet of backgrounds from Paper Mario.
backgrounds.png

Herr Shyguy said:
Krizzy said:
Herr Shyguy said:
Krizzy said:
Herr Shyguy said:
I use the Spriter's Resource.*

*Translated for convenience.

Caann you give me a page?
Well, I can't tell you what background you want to use, but as an example, here's a sheet of backgrounds from Paper Mario.
backgrounds.png

Wow. That's useful. I am totally going to use that absurdly spacious backgrounds that look like a backdrop for a comic which isn't set in a dream.

[/sarcasm]

Seriously, though, those look like backdrops and not backgrounds. The difference is that a back drop is a thing behind a background, whereas a background is a setting. Maybe I should be asking for settings, eh?

Hawk Eye said:
Can you make sprites?

Or do you need them provided.

(as you can see i want to join)

(I will decide villian or good guy after you answer my question)

I can make sprites, as long as you look somewhat like a Paper Mario thing. Doesn't need to be a great resemblance, just a small one, but it needs to be there.

Krizzy said:
Wow. That's useful. I am totally going to use that absurdly spacious backgrounds that look like a backdrop for a comic which isn't set in a dream.

[/sarcasm]

Seriously, though, those look like backdrops and not backgrounds. The difference is that a back drop is a thing behind a background, whereas a background is a setting. Maybe I should be asking for settings, eh?
Oh sorry, I was under the impression that you were making a Paper Mario style comic.

Krizzy said:
I can make sprites, as long as you look somewhat like a Paper Mario thing. Doesn't need to be a great resemblance, just a small one, but it needs to be there.

Actually nvrm this...

Silly Mason said:
Oh man. You don't know how long I've been looking for these.

Link!

I found my Paper Mario styled sprites. Can I be a secondary villain, please?

Well, okay, you can be a secondary villain, but, umm... aren't those sprites a little large?

Herr Shyguy said:
Krizzy said:

[/sarcasm]

Oh sorry, I was under the impression that you were making a Paper Mario style comic.

Oh sorry, I was under the impression that you had read the part about the difference between backdrop and background.

Draw in some ground in front of it, it's not that hard. I've always had to edit the backgrounds a bit for comics I've made.

Back