The Unofficial Userpedia Thread

Zero777

Middle Eastern Federation
Self explanatory :yoshi:

Re: The Official Userpedia Thread

I believe this belongs in Off-subject Discussion, though I could be mistaken.

What I really think what will attract a little bit more users would be to apply most of the rules of the SMW to Userpedia because Userpedia is unorganized

MarioWiki is not affiliated to this Userpedia you speak of.

Take him away!

KingFloors.jpg

...to Off-subject

Wait, this is the official Userpedia thread?
Like, you got an official license and endorsement from the UP staff to create this thread?

Holy Shit, awesome! :eek:

Anyway...

Rolo Lamperouge said:
What I really think what will attract a little bit more users would be to apply most of the rules of the SMW to Userpedia because Userpedia is unorganized

This is a really, really, REALLY splendid idea! The MarioWiki rules don't allow fanon at all, user fiction would become completely prohibited, everything that is not a fact will be deleted, and we would only cover stuff officially stated by Nintendo. Good thing most of our users appear in Nintendo games, otherwise we would have to get rid of their articles. We are saved! Ingenious! :D

Alright, that will be the new plan! :)

Excluding that rule, but if not apply any of the rules then at least a proposal page won't be a bad idea,

Oh I never noticed that. I think it will be a good idea to add in TPP's.

Why? So it can be just like the MarioWiki? Now, please think your posts through before posting them. What is the purpose of a TPP? To make changes to a certain page which the community will debate upon (i.e. merging). Now, look at Userpedia, almost all of its articles are owned by someone (i.e. Someone has the final say on them (user creations, non-users, user articles)). Those articles should have no community discussion; besides, what will they say? "Merge Marioguy1 with Steward"? :P

Well if that quote was ever an actual TPP then obviously it will get opposed or deleted for being a joke-proposal, but there are some things that would be a good idea to merge. One of them I'm suggesting is to merge all four of the User Statuses together.

EDIT: Renamed the thread because of what Edo said, he was right.

Nooooooooo the user statuses are related, not identical, they are very different things. They are labeled differently, for example, a sysop has more powers than a patroller, a bureaucrat has more than a sysop. And Aldo's artworks for them are awesome :3

You guys know what I'm talking about right, the Active, Hiatus, Inactivity, and Retirement.

No I don't >_>

Anyways, those things are different too. If you're active then you come online maybe once every two days (at least), if you're on hiatus, you're away, if you're retired, you're not coming back.

Yeah I know, but their all stubs and they all have all the information they can get... (Let's hope I word this right)

A template doesn't dictate what is a stub and what isn't. I can easily remove those templates; anyone can. If they really have all available information, the templates should be removed.

Also guys, feel free to sign-up for this:
http://userpedia.adriels.com/Wiki_Kart_Wii

Wow, no one published the link to Userpedia itself 0_0
http://userpedia.adriels.com/

Here's an idea! You know how on the Sprite page there's a section that says "Permission Needed?", well I was thinking that Userpedia should have a separate "Permission Needed?" page not for the sprites but for the users themselves to see if another user needs permission to put that user in their fanfic.

Arthur said:
Here's an idea! You know how on the Sprite page there's a section that says "Permission Needed?", well I was thinking that Userpedia should have a separate "Permission Needed?" page not for the sprites but for the users themselves to see if another user needs permission to put that user in their fanfic.

You know, this is actually not that dumb. It might be worth thinking about...

Back