Birdo: Male or Female?

Snowstalker

Snowstalker
We all know the story. In SMB2, Birdo was said to be a boy who think's he's a girl. They later brought the dinosaur back as a female. My theory is that the Birdos are a species, and the one in SMB2 is male, and the one in other games is female.

This species is both genders. Like a select few real world animals (Leeches, Worms, some reptiles and I think mammals).

There are multiple Birdos in Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Power Tennis, etc.

I hope its a girl cause if shes a dude and her and Yoshi are going out then, That means Yoshi is a girl! :O

Feminine voice in SMA.

Masculine/alien voice in MKDD.

My theories get nowhere...

Re: Not really

Smiddle said:
You don't have to be a girl if you wear a bow.
(Let's all hope that Birdo's a female.)

Make a wish on the star scepter!

GIRL.

No more gay jokes.

She wears a bow, a ring, and her name in Japan is Catherine. ENOUGH SAID!

3dejong said:

He's actually right, or so says our user LinkTheLefty, who seems to have a wide knowledge of Japanese Mario games. I like to think of the whole Birdo-is-male things as retconned in the Western translations, though.

YellowYoshi398 said:
3dejong said:

He's actually right, or so says our user LinkTheLefty, who seems to have a wide knowledge of Japanese Mario games. I like to think of the whole Birdo-is-male things as retconned in the Western translations, though.

:shifty: I don't know Japanese. I was just saying what some people I know who know some Japanese were saying. So, my bad.

ChaosNinji said:
YellowYoshi398 said:
3dejong said:

:shifty: I don't know Japanese. I was just saying what some people I know who know some Japanese were saying. So, my bad.

Wait... I meant you were right, Chaos. According to LinkTheLefty, Birdo is still consistently referred to as male in Japan.

ChaosNinji said:
:smug: I knew it! :lol:

Dangit that would mean Yoshi is a...:|

Back