Super Mario Sunshine

AmyNxDx

Goomba
So I am finally playing Super Mario Sunshine, yeah I know I'm a little late to the game. Man this thing is hard! Is it just me or are the controls weird? I'm playing it on Wii with a GameCube controller. I find that the game is difficult because the awkwardness of the controller!!! Or maybe the game is just THAT hard? I've only played for a few hours and have about 4 shines.

It was very easy for me at the beginning, but then it gets really difficult. I never beat the game fully. I beat Corona Mountain and everything, but I didn't get every shine.

Are the controls weird for you too? I can play every single other 3D Mario just fine, but this one seems really weird!

Out of curiosity, how are they weird? The only thing I thought was a little off was Mario's side somesault move.

Jumping, especially the side somersault and spin jump were weird and walking on the ropes. Moving the camera view was annoying to get into Noki Beach.

Super Mario Sunshine has some really hard Shines, but I got them all.
For a really long time, I was missing 10 Blue Coins for my last Shine Sprite, but thanks to YouTube, I got them all.

This(in my opinion)is one of the best Mario games in the series. I love Isle Delfino. All the environments are awesome. I can't think of anything bad to say about this game, accept maybe those levels where you loose your FLUDD.

Mason said:
I think it's a great game but I hate the part where you have to roll a giant watermelon while you're being BOMBARDED WITH EFFING CATAQUACKS!
This.

Also, regarding the controls, I didn't think they were that bad. Well, other than trying to control the Rocket Nozzle, that is.

The hardest for me was "Yoshi's Fruit Adventure" or whatever it was called in Ricco Harbor. Scrubbing Sirena Beach was difficult as well.

It seems like it's hard to control the cameras and FLUDD... is it inverted? I dunno, maybe I just need to get more used to it or something. A few friends of mine that are big Mario fans said they thought it was really hard too.

AmyNxDx said:
It seems like it's hard to control the cameras and FLUDD... is it inverted? I dunno, maybe I just need to get more used to it or something. A few friends of mine that are big Mario fans said they thought it was really hard too.

Yeah it seems hard due to the sloppy controls, camera and physics. It's much harder to control Mario in this game (remember he can't even long jump in this one!) than SM64 and the Galaxies.

I'm not gonna say that it's a terrible game, but IMO it's the worst game in the Mario series. It can be fun and it does have some depth, but you can't enjoy it as much as the other 3D games.

Back