Super Mario Wiki Steam group

the first Dota was a sophisticated mod for Warcraft III made by a couple of dedicated fans, just trying to do something unique and creating a brand new genre as a result. To my knowledge, only one of the original developers, Icefrog, stayed with the project long-term, and when several of Valve's employees starting playing the game religiously, they decided to buy the license, hire Icefrog, and remake the game in their own style.

Thus, we have Dota 2 today, and it's why the three Spirits are no longer Pandarens, and Skeleton King had to be changed to Wraith King, because Blizzard still own Warcraft III and are massive cockheads about copyright.

(P.S. Carry Crystal Maiden is the best thing you can do, and don't try to tell me otherwise)

more like when valve realized that dota-style games were profitable (because of league of legends's success) they seized the business opportunity and created dota 2

and actually iirc skeleton king is a named character in the diablo series, which is why he had to be changed. they referenced him in warcraft iii but the character was from diablo 1

but yeah. this whole kind of game started as a mod for starcraft, then became popular with a mod for warcraft iii, then became even more popular when half the development team for dota 1 created league of legends, and then more companies got in on it and now we have league of legends and dota 2 and a couple other ones like heroes of newerth
Crocodile Dippy said:
To my knowledge, only one of the original developers, Icefrog, stayed with the project long-term
the guy who created the map just abandoned the project, he never was that interested in it. guinsoo, the guy who made new heroes and popularized the project, went on to run riot games and league of legends. icefrog, who followed guinsoo, went about turning dota into a super-balanced game before he was hired by valve (i hear he still updates the old dota with dota 2's updates though, to what extent he can)

I just realized I was kicked from the Steam group. Unless on of the other mods were out to get me, it happened when my Steam account was compromised a year ago (changed my password, didn't realize my one Steam e-mail address was an old one that lapsed).

Guess I'll rejoin and stuff.

ghost jam, baby, please; no one could ever want to get rid of your handsome spectral face

Oh man, I was wondering where you disappeared to quite some time ago.

It'll be good to see you back.

Yeah, I really hadn't been paying much attention to Steam, despite how often I had it running in the background.
Wasn't until I took a close look that I noticed things were missing.
Guess whoever tried to take my account just wanted to mess with my flower arrangements, as all the family gold was left alone.

Mind if I get mod power back, Stooben? You're the only group mod currently.

Sure thing.

And at least nothing else in your account was compromised, especially given the kind of info Steam keeps on record. Messing with your social settings was bad enough.

Ghost Jam said:
You're the only group mod currently.
Dunno when that ended up happening, but it's no longer the case!

The next AC Director should probably be a mod too, actually. But for now, I'll just leave it at us two.

My guess is when I got dropped from the group, the group settings drop any special permissions set.
Like most forums.
Edit: Yeah, a quick check shows that. It basically exchanged the owner status to the most senior mod, which would naturally be you.

Laptop access is so much fun. I have 100% Orange Juice that I'll download later, and Garry's Mod. In Garry's Mod, I am so confused on what to do. Are there any guides anywhere?

i'm here too

i know everything about Trouble in Terrorist Town and nothing about Sandbox [nobbc]:D[/nobbc]

I didn't realise there was a thread about it but I joined the group a while back.

Vaporeon said:
Laptop access is so much fun. I have 100% Orange Juice that I'll download later, and Garry's Mod. In Garry's Mod, I am so confused on what to do. Are there any guides anywhere?

Just go and do stuff, go on the Workshop and download some cool addons, or just spawn NPCs and find inventive ways to kill them. (Easy Bodygroup Tool is basically required if you're into ragdoll posing like I am.)

Back