Donkey Kong Country Returns Characters

Rambi, of course. He rules.

Well I'd LIKE to see the Kremlings, but whatever.

Also, the other Kongs would be nice. Cranky and Funky are a must, Dixie would be a nice treat, Candy I'm indifferent about, and even though it's unlikely, I'd also like to see Swanky Kong again.

Rambi appears to be the cover, so that's awesome if it really is him.

Can't really think of any other characters I'd like to see... Except for Zingers. The evil Kongs from Jungle Beat would also be cool, but they're not related to Donkey Kong Country, so I'd leave them out.

I'm really looking forward to hearing confirmation that the supporting Kong cast is going to appear in this game, just to see what anti-DKC fanboys have to say about it.

Doom Phantom said:
I'm really looking forward to hearing confirmation that the supporting Kong cast is going to appear in this game, just to see what anti-DKC fanboys have to say about it.
Oh my... I had no idea people hated the DKC characters so much. :'(

Like I said, they're fanboys. Fanboys who hate the DKC cast, just because Nintendo didn't make them. It's funny how quick they are to bash those characters, while Jungle Beat, on the other hand, which had far worse character designs, was received with all the praise in the world by the very same people.

I hope the other Kongs don't appear in DKCR. 2 in enough.
:luigi:

Doom Phantom said:
Like I said, they're fanboys. Fanboys who hate the DKC cast, just because Nintendo didn't make them. It's funny how quick they are to bash those characters, while Jungle Beat, on the other hand, which had far worse character designs, was received with all the praise in the world by the very same people.
Weird... Personally, I LOVED the evil Kongs from that game. And the Party Monkeys, too, but everyone else, I could care less. Not to mention, Rare WAS part of Nintendo when they made the Donkey Kong Country games, so what the Hell?

Either way, characters aside, they're both awesome games.

Smashgoom202 said:
Weird... Personally, I LOVED the evil Kongs from that game. And the Party Monkeys, too, but everyone else, I could care less. Not to mention, Rare WAS part of Nintendo when they made the Donkey Kong Country games, so what the Hell?
I liked the evil Kongs, too. The bad character designs I was referring to, were some of the generic enemies, such as the Gale Hawgs (the pig heads that blow wind from their nostrils), the chicken-headed beanstalk, and other things along the lines of that.

Also, you're right about Rare being part of Nintendo at the time those characters were made, but the thing is, all this hate never started until they were brought out by Microsoft. After that, a bunch of Nintendo fanboys labeled them as "traitors", and suddenly started hating the DKC series. I believe Miyamoto's "Donkey Kong Country proves that players will put up with mediocre gameplay as long as the art is good." quote is also part of it (even though he did recently confirm that he doesn't actually hate the game, but still).

I hope cranky comes back and gives you advice now and again and hit you on the head with his cain. I remember in Donkey kong country 1 how he bragged at the end of the game about he could beat the entire game without any death and do it under a half hour, bull.

Here is a list of kongs from the wiki.

Baby Donkey Kong
Baby Kong
Bink
Bluster Kong
Cactus King
Candy Kong
Chunky Kong
Cranky Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Dread Kong
Eddie
Funky Kong
Ghastly King
Karate Kong
Kiddy Kong
Kong Fu
Lanky Kong
Ninja Kong
Sumo Kong
Swanky Kong
Tiny Kong
Wrinkly Kong
An unnamed, hatted Kong
Blunkin Kong
Dark Kong
Manky Kong
Guerilla
Chained Kong

There are already WAY to many. It should just be Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. They should forget about the others.

You know, a majority of the Kongs that you listed were either from the Mario games, (as in the Super Mario titles, not the DKC series), exclusive to the TV show, or scrapped altogether.

drseaweed said:
Here is a list of kongs from the wiki.

Candy Kong

Cranky Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Donkey Kong
Funky Kong
Lanky Kong
Tiny Kong
Wrinkly Kong

There are already WAY to many. It should just be Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. They should forget about the others.
These should appear, but only DK, Diddy, Dixie, and maybe Funky should be playable.

Cranky, Funky, Candy, and maybe Wrinkly for the Kong characters. Dixie could be in there somewhere as well.

As for the Animal Buddies (since Rambi is already confirmed): Squawks, Enguarde, and Winky.

And I'm hoping that Cranky gets back his naggy fastidious attitude from the original 3 DKCs and DK64. I can't wait to see how he bashes the developers this time!

I wouldn't count Enguarde out just yet. Sure, Retro Studios said that there aren't any underwater stages, but they never said that there weren't any stages with water (as shown in the trailer and several screenshots). There's a slight possiblity that Enguarde may be ridable across the water.

Mario304 said:
King K. Rool!!! What's a Donkey Kong game without our favorite Kremling king?
I don't know about anyone else, but I get the strangest feeling that King K. Rool actually IS in the game, and he's going to turn out to be the true mastermind behind everything (just as he was in Donkey Kong Country 3). Sure, Retro Studios claimed that Kremlings were completely absent from the game, but even PR statements turn out to be untrue sometimes. For example, Cammie Dunaway or some other Nintendo representative claimed that there was going to be a new final boss in the New Play Control! version of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, but that turned out to be false. The official U.K. Nintendo magazine claimed that Sonic the Hedgehog was going to be an unlockable character in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (along with a "Green Hill Galaxy"), and that turned out to be untrue. A Nintendo and /or Rare employee claimed that Falco Lombardi wasn't going to be in Star Fox Adventures, and yet he appeared anyway, while still playing a major role. And last, but not least, Rare claimed that Donkey Kong 64 was only going to include the supporting Kong cast from the first Donkey Kong Country, and yet Wrinkly Kong was in the game. So, with that said, there's a slight possibility that K. Rool might actually be in the game.

Back