Small question about Mario Party 8

Easmo

Bob-omb
I hate to open a new topic for such a small question but I swear I haven´t found the answer anywhere else, not even on this very forum, so I have no other option than to simply ask directly: How do you make the Bowser and DK icons appear on the title screen? I have bought every single trophy, unlocked every minigame and game mode, unlocked every character and boards, beaten story mode 2 times, beaten all records on the extra zone and minigame zone... and yet they still don´t appear!

What´s even stranger is that I downloaded a random save file form the internet which has just barely beaten the game (as in it didn´t go as far as I did) and yet that file SHOWS Bowser and DK if I load the game from that file.

So far the only thing I didn´t do is beat every staff record, but still it´s very strange. What specific task do you need to accomplish to make their icons appear on the title?

Short answer: Not.
Long answer: I never saw that, I've beaten the game for 100%, and I can't remember the Bowser and DK icons on the title screen.

It´s not fake because I have seen them on my friend´s save file on his Wii.

I´m absolutely sure that Bowser and DK are added to the title screen along with the other cast.

The thing is that I completed almost everything and they don´t appear while they do on the save file I downloaded and on my friend´s one, both of which have a less completed game than I do.

>>Easmo
Are you sure it's a real game DVD?
There are some software available to modify a game.
Could you make a screenshot, or a photo?
That would be something more useful.

YamiHoshi said:
>>Easmo
Are you sure it's a real game DVD?
There are some software available to modify a game.
Could you make a screenshot, or a photo?
That would be something more useful.

Ok, I´ll do it as soon as possible

Excuse me for the double post but, since I had no time to record it, I did my research in youtube, and... guess what? I found proof.

Here´s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vb-Pahx0mI

That shows that Bowser and DK are in fact added to the title screen.

How do you make them appear? As I said, I have completed everything, except beating every staff record and buying a few trophies, but the icons DO appear if I load from another save file I downloaded from the net that has barely unlocked Blooper, Hammer Bro, and the last board but hasn´t beaten anything else.

Excuse me for the necropost but I had to show proof since no one believed it.

EDIT: MYSTERY SOLVED.

After MORE research, it appears that full screen mode affects Bowser and DK in the title screen, since they appear ABOVE the MP8 logo, meaning that they only do appear in 16:9 mode, not in 4:3.

Sorry for all the drama, but having a Mario related question no one could answer in a MARIO forum was driving me crazy, like I was the protagonist of a mystery movie in which nobody believes him.

Back