Give your ideas for spots where the missing items in SMG2 could be used

Easmo

Bob-omb
I was about to post this in the "should there be a SMG3?" thread, as there already are a lot of SMG threads, but since this one is so specific, I figured it could be a thread of it´s own. Basically, I want you to give ideas on spots where the missing items from SMG1 could be used. I´ll copy and paste what I was about to post in the other thread:

There are a lot of spots in SMG2 where the missing power ups could fit. Note that I´m also counting Boo Mario because only ONE appearance is clearly not enough, specially considering the darn spring shroom appears at least two times (one in the second mission of chompworks galaxy and another one during the green star missions in the same galaxy) whereas the boo mushroom didn´t even make it to the green stars.

Boo Mario could easily fit in Rightside down/upside dizzy galaxy, by simply adding a dark room on it where the Boo mushroom could come in handy. Imagine having to control Boo Mario and experimenting with the gravity changes at the same time. And in Haunty halls galaxy, I was surprised that there wasn´t at least ONE spot with no floor in which you could have to float as boo mario to avoid the big boo chasing you in the second mission.

Flying Mario would have easily fit in multiple situations as well. For example, the middle section in Bowser Jr´s fiery flotilla, in which you open the door and have to cross some platforms inside the "castle" area to get to the launch star. Simply removing the platforms and adding a red star while probably making the area slightly larger (or simply puting the launch star more far away) would have made the trick. Also, it woud have been a big surprise to see a rare power up right in world 1.

And what about the path to bugaboom in puzzle plank galaxy? Why making it ANOTHER cloud flower section? Just putting the bugaboom area a little farther away, and a red star at the beginning and there you go: another spot to use flying mario.

What about the coloured shells? it´s so silly that they united every shell´s ability into the green shell. Why are green shells used to beat boos with light as if they were yellow shells in both the slimy spring and the battle belt galaxy? shouldn´t it be more logical to simply put yellow shells in these spots? And the red shell fits practically everywhere, but to name two examples, I think that there should have been at least one or two red shells in the underwater areas of both the cosmic cove galaxy and the starshine beach galaxy instead of making the green shells in those areas home in enemies as if they were red shells (but they aren´t!!).

The ice flower gets the cake though. It´s removal is one of the most absurd thing nintendo has ever done in a Mario platformer. Like the red star, it´s still in the code of the game, complete with it´s own jingle music, so this fact makes it seem even more of a last minute cut. Why? Don´t tell me you weren´t expecting to use one to get that silver star above the water in starshine beach galaxy. Also, in cosmic cove galaxy: maybe removing the freezing switch would cut the awesomeness of watching the entire stage freeze, but it makes no sense NOT to have an ice flower at least in the hungry luma mission to help Mario catch the bunny, instead of ANOTHER field freezing switch.

And there´s the biggest ice flower absence which is shiverburn galaxy. Don´t tell me that reusing the freezeflame idea for the SECOND time in the game and still not putting a single ice flower is not blatant fan trolling. So, no ice flower but yet ANOTHER cloud flower in shiverburn galaxy. That´s downright trolling the fans. I could understand changing the ice flower for the cloud flower in the third shiverburn green star, as it´s actually needed, but for the other missions, it makes absolutely no sense NOT to have an ice flower somewhere around there.

If a mere fan like me, can think of easy spots to use the missing items with absolutely no programming knowledge but simple logical stage design thoughts, I can´t think of a damn reason for the programmers not putting the missing items in the game.

As awesome as SMG2 is, shame on them for axing those items.

So, what are your ideas?

Dancing Raccoon said:
Raccoon Mario

What?

I didn´t mean "items from other games". It´s common sense that Nintendo isn´t going to carry absolutely everything from one game to another. I meant items from SMG1 which weren´t re-used in SMG2, as it is a direct sequel and these missing items are still left in the game´s code.

In other words, my post was about thinking on specific game areas where the unused power ups could fit, not about naming power ups that could have been in.

I agree with all your ideas. But you should also mention that SMG3 has to have a better story.

As you said, the Ice Flower could've been perfect in Cosmic Cove, Starshine Beach, and Shiverburn.

Flying Mario:
- Use to get onto the Starshroom near Starship Mario instead of a Warp Pipe
- Give it its own galaxy
- Use it in Melty Monster instead of the Pull Stars
- Utilize it in Grandmaster Galaxy
- Make a Purple Coins mission with it

Agreed with all your ideas Waluigiware.

Also, I noticed there is also another item missing in SMG2: the blue star chips.

While there are some spots in which you have to kill certain enemies to uncover pull stars in SMG2, there isn´t a single blue chip in the game. What the heck?.

A few good spots would have been freezyflake galaxy´ss econd mission where you have to use the rock shroom to hunt star chips: these should have been pull star chips. Also, in the last Bowser stage, the part where you have to use Yoshi to cross some platforms before the boomerang bros: there should have been a small extra section hunting for blue chips.

I like those ideas, Easmo.

Hey, here's something else: the bubble. Anyone got any good ideas for places they could've used the bubble?

Let's see, the flying mario would have been great if it was given it's own stage somewhere, like the Clockwork Ruins galaxy. That would have been a great area to use it. And there would have been some sections where you use the bubble. Like in the Cosmic Cove Galaxy for example, they should have put the bubble after the section with the floating patches of water. That would have been cool.

Rolling Gizmo and Rolling Coaster's Green Star 2, yes. I haven't beaten Rolling Gizmo yet either.

As for the Rolling Coaster Purple Coins, it took a few tries but I didn't find it that frustrating.

WaluigiWare said:
Rolling Gizmo and Rolling Coaster's Green Star 2, yes. I haven't beaten Rolling Gizmo yet either.

As for the Rolling Coaster Purple Coins, it took a few tries but I didn't find it that frustrating.
You could only miss ten right?

And I hated the Tree Trunk slide thing with Purple Coins.

Villain11 said:
WaluigiWare said:

You could only miss ten right?

And I hated the Tree Trunk slide thing with Purple Coins.
Nine actually, 'cause there's the Coin inside the Ball itself.

Yeah, the Tall Trunk one was a pain. I would either get the 100 coins and then get screwed by an angry Wiggler or make it to end without 100 only to receive that Gearmo's death note.

here's an idea for the bubble. put it in melty monster galaxy instead of the pull stars. it would add a lot of difficulty to that star.

Ooh, nice idea there.

The bubble could've also worked in a section of Grandmaster Galaxy (not replacing the Cloud Flower, just making another section with the bubble).

Back