Idea they should of used in NSMBW

drseaweed

Weegee is watching
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
I was thinking about how uncreative Nintendo was when they decided to use 2 diffrent color Toads for players 3 and 4 in New Super Mario Bros Wii. Then all of a sudden I had an idea for what they should of done, Mario, Luigi, Toad and Toadette!!! They really should of used Toadette as a playable character, tell me what you think.
 

WaluigiWare

I'M NOT A PIMP!
Pronouns
He/him
I know, I remember going "WTF?" upon first finding out that two simple Toad recolors were the 3P and 4P.
 

Waffleraven497

Black Hole Bomber
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
I like our idea, but I really can't say, cause I still dontnown the game and my Japanese disc doesn't work with an English wii.
 

CrystalWizard

Goomba
Pronouns
He/him
Hm, you're right. That is a cool idea. I actually like Toadette a lot, and Toad's cool too, so I probably would have liked that. It was cool the way they did it too, though. With the yellow and blue toads, I mean... this way, they're developing new characters. It's always good when Nintendo develops new characters for the actual mainstream Mario series... and the yellow and blue toads had already shown up in Super Mario Galaxy, so they weren't a bad idea for new playable characters. (Plus, that way, everyone can end up controlling their favorite color).
 

WaluigiWare

I'M NOT A PIMP!
Pronouns
He/him
Wait a minute... yeah! NSMBW just follows the cliché of 4P being represented by the colors of Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green! WTF?!

Also, I don't think the Blue Toad is the same one from Galaxy, but the Yellow One maybe.
 

CrystalWizard

Goomba
Pronouns
He/him
Why, because of the glasses? That can be explained, maybe he got contacts or something... it would just be weird to put glasses on a little sprite like that, I think. And I read on the wiki that the five Toads from Galaxy were promoted to royal guards in the alternate ending of the game... so it makes a lot of sense that they would come on Mario's next adventure.
 

WaluigiWare

I'M NOT A PIMP!
Pronouns
He/him
CrystalWizard said:
Why, because of the glasses? That can be explained, maybe he got contacts or something... it would just be weird to put glasses on a little sprite like that, I think. And I read on the wiki that the five Toads from Galaxy were promoted to royal guards in the alternate ending of the game... so it makes a lot of sense that they would come on Mario's next adventure.
Well I thought that too, until he returned in Galaxy 2 with glasses again. (Then again, the continuity between the three games is messed up due to Galaxy 2's stupid "GALAXY 1 NEVER HAPPENED").
 
N

Nerdy Guy

Guest
As far as we know (from what Nintendo says), the playable toads in NSMBWii are just generic toads. I doubt they're the same ones from Galaxy.
 

WaluigiWare

I'M NOT A PIMP!
Pronouns
He/him
Nerdy Guy said:
As far as we know (from what Nintendo says), the playable toads in NSMBWii are just generic toads. I doubt they're the same ones from Galaxy.
Yeah, as I just pointed out, I think they only went with the Toad recolors to keep the stupid 4P = RBYG cliche.
 

drseaweed

Weegee is watching
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
WaluigiWare said:
CrystalWizard said:
Why, because of the glasses? That can be explained, maybe he got contacts or something... it would just be weird to put glasses on a little sprite like that, I think. And I read on the wiki that the five Toads from Galaxy were promoted to royal guards in the alternate ending of the game... so it makes a lot of sense that they would come on Mario's next adventure.
Well I thought that too, until he returned in Galaxy 2 with glasses again. (Then again, the continuity between the three games is messed up due to Galaxy 2's stupid "GALAXY 1 NEVER HAPPENED").
I know it's annoying that nintendo was pretty much like Galaxy 1 never happened. If you are going to make a sequel to a game with a lot of story you could at least make it connect it to the first one. The only explanation I can think of is that at the end of SMG the universe was recreated and the baby Luma was reborn.
 

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
Pronouns
He/him
WaluigiWare said:
Nerdy Guy said:
As far as we know (from what Nintendo says), the playable toads in NSMBWii are just generic toads. I doubt they're the same ones from Galaxy.
Yeah, as I just pointed out, I think they only went with the Toad recolors to keep the stupid 4P = RBYG cliche.
What's so stupid about color-coding players? It does help to decipher who is who.
 

CrystalWizard

Goomba
Pronouns
He/him
WaluigiWare said:
Well I thought that too, until he returned in Galaxy 2 with glasses again. (Then again, the continuity between the three games is messed up due to Galaxy 2's stupid "GALAXY 1 NEVER HAPPENED").
Wait, what's the "Galaxy 1 never happened" thing? I've never heard about that... isn't it supposed to be a series?
 

Villain11

Katniss <3
Pronouns
He/him
I couldn't really care less if P4 was Toadette or a yellow toad. I rarely played with more than 2 players.
 

WaluigiWare

I'M NOT A PIMP!
Pronouns
He/him
MnSG said:
WaluigiWare said:
Yeah, as I just pointed out, I think they only went with the Toad recolors to keep the stupid 4P = RBYG cliche.
What's so stupid about color-coding players? It does help to decipher who is who.
Well yes, but in EVERY single 4-player thing, Nintendo ALWAYS uses the colors of red, blue, yellow, and green t represent each player. Look at it! Smash Bros., the Wii Home Menu, NSMBW...

FIND SOME NEW COLOR COMBINATIONS, NINTENDO!

CrystalWizard said:
Wait, what's the "Galaxy 1 never happened" thing? I've never heard about that... isn't it supposed to be a series?
Super Mario Galaxy 2 plays as if the entirety of Super Mario Galaxy never happened. The Toad Brigade and Rosalina introduce themselves to Mario and Luigi as if they've never met before, and the way Mario clumsily enters the cosmos for the first time indicates that he's not used to going into space.

You first notice it when the Toad Brigade Captain appears in Spin-Dig Galaxy. 'Oh, I forgot to introduce myself! I'm the Captain of the Toad Brigade!' So what, what was that whole ending of SMG1 a Sonic '06-esque reboot of the entire game? WTF, Nintendo?
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Pronouns
He/him
Everyone seems to complain quite a bit about that, but wasn't the universe destroyed and recreated at the end of Galaxy 1 or something? Is the plot of the first game not a good enough explanation for everyone?
 

WaluigiWare

I'M NOT A PIMP!
Pronouns
He/him
King Porky said:
Everyone seems to complain quite a bit about that, but wasn't the universe destroyed and recreated at the end of Galaxy 1 or something? Is the plot of the first game not a good enough explanation for everyone?
Yeah, but it's just like they did in Sonic '06, they just decided to press the reset button at the end, and unlike '06, for no reason whatsoever. Why? I was looking forward to Mario reuniting with the Toad Brigade and Rosalina and all that stuff, and it all got ruined in SMG2.

Also, we're getting a bit off-topic...
 

Villain11

Katniss <3
Pronouns
He/him
WaluigiWare said:
MnSG said:
WaluigiWare said:
Yeah, as I just pointed out, I think they only went with the Toad recolors to keep the stupid 4P = RBYG cliche.
CrystalWizard said:
Wait, what's the "Galaxy 1 never happened" thing? I've never heard about that... isn't it supposed to be a series?
Super Mario Galaxy 2 plays as if the entirety of Super Mario Galaxy never happened. The Toad Brigade and Rosalina introduce themselves to Mario and Luigi as if they've never met before, and the way Mario clumsily enters the cosmos for the first time indicates that he's not used to going into space.

You first notice it when the Toad Brigade Captain appears in Spin-Dig Galaxy. 'Oh, I forgot to introduce myself! I'm the Captain of the Toad Brigade!' So what, what was that whole ending of SMG1 a Sonic '06-esque reboot of the entire game? WTF, Nintendo?
He is the new captain. It is a different toad than last time.
 

WaluigiWare

I'M NOT A PIMP!
Pronouns
He/him
Villain11 said:
He is the new captain. It is a different toad than last time.
Okay, then. So... he wears the same mining helmet? And explain how the Starshroom was 'invented by the Luma', as well as Rosalina re-introducing herself. And Mario clumsily entering the Sky Station Galaxy.
 

Villain11

Katniss <3
Pronouns
He/him
WaluigiWare said:
Villain11 said:
He is the new captain. It is a different toad than last time.
Okay, then. So... he wears the same mining helmet? And explain how the Starshroom was 'invented by the Luma', as well as Rosalina re-introducing herself. And Mario clumsily entering the Sky Station Galaxy.
I was just talking about the Toad.
 

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
WaluigiWare said:
Okay, then. So... he wears the same mining helmet?
And not to mention showing the same displays of cowardice.
 

WaluigiWare

I'M NOT A PIMP!
Pronouns
He/him
Villain11 said:
WaluigiWare said:
I would believe that, except that he still has the same personality from last game.
If he was brave, then the game wouldn't be the same.
He's still cowardly, he's still thinking about vacations, and he's still getting trapped in treasure chests.
 
Top