Mega Man Universe

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/capcoms-charging-up-for-something.html

Recently, Capcom has displayed a teaser image, which shows the Buster weapons of both Mega Man and Mega Man X. I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with this bit of news, which stated that Keiji Inafune is going to announce a new game at Comic Con next Thursday. Today's announcement pretty much confirmed that it's Mega Man-related, as well as having something to do with both the Classic and X series. Like just about everyone else who's commented on the blog, I'm putting my money on Maverick Hunter X2 and Powered Up 2. I am BEYOND excited for this. Here's hoping they won't disappoint.

Re: A new Mega Man game on the horizon?

one of the comments on Protodude said:
Oh God, I'm going to be really ticked off if this turns out to be that MM2 3DS game that was being considered a while back.
This.

Remember how they crossed Battle Network and StarForce? I hope they do that for Classic and X.

Edit: cross your eyes and look at the image.

Crystal Man said:
Oh God, I'm going to be really ticked off if this turns out to be that MM2 3DS game that was being considered a while back.
This.
Same here, actually. In fact, I remember already being royally pissed off abouts its very existence before, but if THAT'S what this supposed "new game" turns out to be, then I'm SERIOUSLY going to blow a fuse, even moreso than I did when Bass was left out of Mega Man 9 (and that's saying a lot).

Crystal Man said:
Remember how they crossed Battle Network and StarForce? I hope they do that for Classic and X.
Yeah, just as long as it's actually a new game. From what I've read, that Battle Network and Starforce crossover was nothing more than a rehash of the first Battle Network game, just with one extra scene added in, in addition to the Starforce Mega Man being playable.

So, it's basically a crossover between Mega Man, Street Fighter, and other Capcom franchises? Meh, as if that hasn't been done a million times already, with the Marvel vs. Capcom series, as well as Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't a fighter, though.

Hmm, good point. But still...there goes the Maverick Hunter X and Powered Up sequels I was hoping for. That is, unless next week's announcement is meant to be something entirely different.

Krazy Monkey said:
So, it's basically a crossover between Mega Man, Street Fighter, and other Capcom franchises? Meh, as if that hasn't been done a million times already, with the Marvel vs. Capcom series, as well as Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

It may just be Megan Man, Street Fighter, and Ghosts 'n Goblins. It's got the Mega Man title on it, so it's obvious that it's mostly Megan Man, and all of those are Capcom franchises, so, even if it is a fighting game, you can't compare it to the Capcom vs. series.

angelzhu said:
Recently, Capcom has displayed a teaser image,louis vuitton purses which shows the Buster weapons of both Mega Man and Mega Man X. I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with this bit of news, which stated that Keiji Inafune is going to announce a new louis vuitton walletsgame at Comic Con next Thursday. Today's announcement pretty much confirmed that it's Mega Man-related, as well as having something to do with both the Classic and X series. Like just about everyone else who's commented on the blog, I'm putting mylouis vuitton wallet money on Maverick Hunter X2 and Powered Up 2. I am BEYOND excited for this. Here's hoping they won't disappoint.

BOT.

I'm disappointed. This game hardly seems to be anything more than another Mega Man 2 rehash, with Ryu randomly slapped on. I don't care anymore. Any amount of excitement I might've had for this game over the months (which was very little, since the teaser told us next to nothing about the game) has officially flown out the window. This is something I definitely won't be wasting my money on.

Well..... at least they used The Megas. That earns it some cool points.

So from looking at this, it's basically a Capcom version of Super Mario Bros. Crossover with 2.5-D graphics. I should be amped for this, but I'm not.

I used to, but now it's gotten to the point where the fanbase, as well as Capcom/Inti Creates, themselves, have almost killed any remaining fondness I've had for the game over the years.

The entire game, itself, is unappealing. As far as I can tell, this is nothing more than a mediocre Mega Man 2 cash-in. Ah, well. Whatever. I just don't care anymore. Like I said before, all the enthusiasm I might have had for this game over the past month or so, has officially flown out the window. In fact, this piece of crap could bomb for all I care.

Well, at least the new trailer had a snippet of "You've Sparked a War" from The Megas' upcoming MM3 album. And good Lord, it's going to rock my face off. \m/

So, that's gotta count for something.

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2010/09/mega-man-universe-details-from-pax.html

Although the trailers made it seem like MMU is largely influenced by Mega Man 2, there's a "very good possibility" we'll be seeing content from other Mega Man games.
Now THIS is one bit of news I'm pleased to hear. There just may be some hope for this game yet. Maybe.

That really shouldn't surprse you, given they showed Cut Man and Guts Man in some of the character art, and Spark Man's theme in another trailer.

Capcom noted they would like to be able to support a Wii version, but couldn't at this time.

Then put it on a disc, put some exclusive content, and charge a little extra. I've got money, I'll buy it.

Prince Bowser Jr. said:
That really shouldn't surprse you, given they showed Cut Man and Guts Man in some of the character art, and Spark Man's theme in another trailer.

Capcom noted they would like to be able to support a Wii version, but couldn't at this time.

Then put it on a disc, put some exclusive content, and charge a little extra. I've got money, I'll buy it.
I wont.

Mega Man Universe is going to be playable at the Tokyo Game Show next week. If this were a week ago, then I couldn't have cared less. However, once they revealed that the game was going to contain content from more than just Mega Man 2, then I began to warm up to it a little bit. Like I said before, there just may be some hope for this game yet. I'm definitely looking forward to whatever information they're going to reveal about it.

So, there's a Powered Up-style level editor in the game? Not bad. I just wish they'd show more content than just Mega Man 2 for a change, though.

Back