Mega Man Universe

Some new videos are up. Although I may have warmed up to the game a little since two weeks ago, I still don't find myself very impressed with Mega Man Universe so far. They claimed that there was going to be content from other games, but like I said before, Mega Man 2 is all I'm seeing here.

Solarblaze: I want a Mega Man Powered Up sequel!
Capcom: Here's a game that is basically a Mega Man Powered Up Sequel.
Solarblaze: EW MEGA MAN 2 SO DISAPPOINTING

Seriously, what do you want from them? They gave you basically everything you wanted.

Mohandar said:
Solarblaze: I want a Mega Man Powered Up sequel!
Capcom: Here's a game that is basically a Mega Man Powered Up Sequel.
Solarblaze: EW MEGA MAN 2 SO DISAPPOINTING

Seriously, what do you want from them? They gave you basically everything you wanted.
I don't think you understand. Inafune and the rest of the staff got everyone's hopes up, and assured the fanbase that Mega Man Universe was going to be something revolutionary, but as it turns out, it isn't. It's just the same old thing, where they're once again milking Mega Man 2 like there's no tomorrow. They also claimed that it was going to feature content from other games, but they have yet to actually prove that.

It's an XBLA/PSN game, and you believed all of the hype that it would be revolutionary. That's not the game's fault. Yeah, Inafune is kind of a dick for saying "this is going to be AMAZING", but it doesn't suddenly make the game worthless.

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2010/10/mega-man-universe-details-from-nycc.html

As much as I'd hate to admit it, Mega Man 2 isn't a terrible game, but it definitely isn't the best in the series like a lot of people think. There are so many other games that have surpassed it. Mega Man 3 and 7 are prime examples.

God dammit Solarblaze I was going to make an incredibly clever jab at your obsession with MM3>MM2 but you posted while I was composing it.

I wholeheartedly agree. MM7, 3, 4 and 5 were the best.

Off topic: What system is MM8 for?

Mega Man 8 is for the Playstation and Sega Saturn.

Herr Shyguy said:
God dammit Solarblaze I was going to make an incredibly clever jab at your obsession with MM3>MM2 but you posted while I was composing it.
It isn't just Mega Man 3 that I feel is better than it. That also goes for the rest of the games in the series.

Looks like the game has been cancelled.

Well, I'm certainly not complaining. Assuming this isn't an April Fool's joke, good riddance. This has definitely brightened up my day. I've been saying for months that this game had me on the verge of giving up on the Classic series altogether, but now that this has has (supposedly) been cancelled, my faith in it has been restored.

'3K said:
Capcom noted they would like to be able to support a Wii version, but couldn't at this time.

Then put it on a disc, put some exclusive content, and charge a little extra. I've got money, I'll buy it.

I'm calling it now. That's why it's been canned. For now at least.

Back