Fringe Logic in the Mario Universe

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Now, I know the Mushroom Kingdom and the like are all part of this fantasy world where real world logic shouldn't apply, but there ARE those moments when you're playing when you're just wondering "How does that work?" or "What the heck?" For example, just today, I noticed the following:

-In the Cloudy Court Galaxy, Mario uses the Cloud Flower to produce cloud which he can use to float to areas via the wind produced by windmills. That's not how windmills work! The vanes on windmills move BECAUSE the wind blows them, they don't move on their own. (Right?)
-In the Freezy Flake Galaxy, there's an area where there's snow on top of lava. Apparently, the large snowballs you push across can freeze the lava temporarily, but they melt pretty quickly. Why the other snow doesn't melt, I'll never know.

Now, has anyone felt a similar experience? Has anything ever felt really odd or out of place, even in a Mario game?
 

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Re: Finge Logic in the Mario Universe

Smashgoom202 said:
-In the Freezy Flake Galaxy, there's an area where there's snow on top of lava. Apparently, the large snowballs you push across can freeze the lava temporarily, but they melt pretty quickly. Why the other snow doesn't melt, I'll never know.
Look closely; the snow you can walk on and isn't melting is on top of rocks.
 

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: Finge Logic in the Mario Universe

Uniju said:
Smashgoom202 said:
-In the Freezy Flake Galaxy, there's an area where there's snow on top of lava. Apparently, the large snowballs you push across can freeze the lava temporarily, but they melt pretty quickly. Why the other snow doesn't melt, I'll never know.
Look closely; the snow you can walk on and isn't melting is on top of rocks.
Really? Well, I guess that makes sense, at least as far as video games go. (Convection Schmonvection not withstanding)
 

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Re: Finge Logic in the Mario Universe

In the Freezeflame Galaxy, some of the ice melted while other parts of the ice wouldn't melt. The tempereature couldn't have varies that much within the regions of that level. There was only one Launch Star, and it was at the very start of the level.
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
Re: Finge Logic in the Mario Universe

Smashgoom202 said:
-In the Cloudy Court Galaxy, Mario uses the Cloud Flower to produce cloud which he can use to float to areas via the wind produced by windmills. That's not how windmills work! The vanes on windmills move BECAUSE the wind blows them, they don't move on their own. (Right?)
Correct. ;)
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Re: Finge Logic in the Mario Universe

Just about everything in Mario games can make you go "What?" if you even take them just a little seriously.
 

SiFi

Benjamin Judd
Re: Finge Logic in the Mario Universe



LAVA. ON THE CEILING.
 

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Re: Finge Logic in the Mario Universe

How are the fireballs launched into the air (out of lava, no less)?
 

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: Finge Logic in the Mario Universe

I usually assume they're relatives of Podoboos, or some sort of spirit. Either way, I see that sort of thing all the time in fiction.
 

wsbm

King Bowser
Why wasn't Sarasaland ever mentioned since the Super Mario Land games?
 

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Because it isn't very noteworthy?
Or maybe because the Mushroom Kingdom took it over, and now it's illegal to talk about it when it was Sarasaland. That's the sort of thing a monarchy would do...
 

Nintom64

Goomba
how to yoshis hatch out of there eggs whereing shoes and a saddle? :yoshi:
 

Killer Axe

Killer Axe kills things.
Where do Lakitus ge their endless supply of Spinies? And the same goes for Hammer Bros. and their infinate amount of banhammers?
 

Jesus Freak

King Bowser
How does Mario throw fireballs under water?

How can he breathe for such a long period of time?

How come the iceballs in NSMBWII don't freeze the entire water?

How can a wimpy little propeller lift Mario 100 feet into the air?
 

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Jesus Freak said:
How does Mario throw fireballs under water?
How does Mario throw fireballs?
 

Alisbet

The Brave
One thing that has bugged me is the Throwback Galaxy in SMG2. We know that this galaxy apparently exists for nostalgic purposes and all, but there is signs that Mario has been there before and such sign would be the chipped off wall that contained one of the stars in SM64. The question is: is the Throwback Galaxy truly the same place as the Whomp's Fortress in SM64 and did it exist before Bowser took over Princess Peach's castle.
 

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Whomp's Fortress wasn't real. It was a magical world inside a painting. Perhaps it was a painting someone drew of the Throwbac Galaxy?
 
Top