Sonic Colors

From what I've seen in the videos, it was nothing like that. The powers that they give Sonic are only temporary.

I don't know about anyone else, but I actually found the Werehog gameplay to be fun. At least in the 360 version. I didn't care much for it in the Wii version.

SEGA confirmed that there will be NO gimmicks in Colors.

From what it appears, the Wisps just add extra mechanics to Sonic's 360-esque gameplay.

WaluigiWare said:
SEGA confirmed that there will be NO gimmicks in Colors.

From what it appears, the Wisps just add extra mechanics to Sonic's 360-esque gameplay.

In other words, the Wisps are power ups like the classic Sonic power ups, but specific for this game.

I like the fact that they went back to classic gameplay. I didn´t like how the pretty much got rid of items in Unleashed and Secret Rings: it felt like the games were empty. Imagine a Mario game with no koopa shells, mushrooms, stars... nothing. Just coins. That´s how unleashed felt :/

So... any opinions on the gameplay trailer? The game is looking awesome, and "Reach for the Stars" sounds awesome as well.

The Wii version rated higher.

P.S. This is getting WAY too off-topic.

I own both the Wii version and the 360 version. IMO, neither version is better. They each have their own good points.

Anyways, I don't why we're arguing about this when Sonic Colors is basically the 360 version... on the Wii.

Finally, some clean Sonic Colors DS footage. It's about time. There's always been tons of videos of the Wii version, but not the DS version. The few videos that were around, had very bad quality, and you could always hear people talking over the music and sound effects, but not this time.

Anyway, this game is looking more and more awesome after ever piece of footage they show. Like I said before, this is another game that I'll be buying both versions of, just like I did with Sonic Unleashed.

Now I don't know if I should hold off and buy sonic 4 or just buy this game when it comes out. Is this supposed to be a side-scroller or another sonic adventure. Cause if it is, I'm just going to buy sonic 4. I'm also waiting for Kirby's epic yarn and Donkey kong country retruns.

Parakarrygun88 said:
Is this supposed to be a side-scroller or another sonic adventure.
The Wii version is in 3D, much like Sonic Unleashed. The DS version is a sidescroller, and it pretty much uses the exact same engine as Sonic Rush.

Doom Phantom said:
Parakarrygun88 said:
Is this supposed to be a side-scroller or another sonic adventure.
The Wii version is in 3D, much like Sonic Unleashed. The DS version is a sidescroller, and it pretty much uses the exact same engine as Sonic Rush.
The Wii version switches back and forth between behind-the-back 3-D and sidescrolling.

Also, Tails's new voice.

Two things:

1. New voices.

2. A demo of the DS version has recently been released on the Nintendo Channel.

Regarding the new voices, they don't sound bad at all. The acting is pretty good, as well. Sonic's new voice is going to take a little getting used to, since it's so vastly different from Ryan Drummond's and Jason Griffith (both which sound nearly identicle; I'll never be able to understand why so many people were raging over this change, demanding that they bring back Drummond).

As for the demo, it's pretty fun from what I've played so far. It plays almost exactly like the two Sonic Rush games, but with some minior differences. The "trick" combo system that boots the score and Rush meter is no longer there. The Wisp power-ups add to it instead. Also, the Homing Attack is no longer performed with the R button. It's been changed to the A and B buttons. These changes took a little adjusting to, but I got used to it. Also, that firey Wisp power-up is lots of fun to use.

I won't bother to get the DS one, but I already pre-ordered the Wii one at a GameStop.

(Pre-ordering it at GameStop snags you a cool Sonic hat on the day of your purchase. :))

Played the DS demo, it was cool. Seemed like sonic rush. There were those cool 3rd person, in-between stages where you collect the rings, I thought that was cool. The game has alot of speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLJzv9TfQKY

New voices, as heard in Sonic Free Riders.

Sonic is Roger Craig Smith.
Tails is Kate Higgins.
Knuckles is Travis Willingham.
Shadow is Kirk Thornton.
Cream is Michelle Ruff.

No idea who the others are. But SEGA did the right thing when they hired professional voice actors. Until now, the voice actors have been people that no one even heard of until they started voicing Sonic characters.

Knuckles, Shadow, and Cream are all improvements.

Vector is OK too.

Rouge is the biggest improvement in my opinion.

Back