A revelation?

wsbm

King Bowser
A while ago, I saw some articles about Brawl's story, and eventually, me and others who played the story mode came to this conclusion: It is about a child who is growing up. Master Hand is the child, just wanting to play with his toys - the trophies. Tabuu is the kid growing up. Playing with toys is childish, and as such, TABOO for an adult. So, he takes the worlds and locks them away in a sense as memories of his childhood. He puts away the toys (they turn into statues to represent this). Eventually, the urge comes to play with them, but he resists and locks all but a few lost ones away (the ones that Dedede's timers were on). Master Hand is, of course, gone. Eventually, the adult goes back to play once more out of nostalgia's sake. Snake being there is explained by the fact that, since he's gotten older, he's embraced new things.

I don't think so, in the first Super Smash Bros., it was obvious that you were essentially just dolls. (Since the intro showed Master Hand taking you out of a toy box).

But I think in Melee and Brawl, it's not like that.

But, in the Melee intro, a visible hand throws the Mario trophy from what I'm guessing to be a toy box into an arena. In Brawl, the Mario trophy is thrown from somewhere we can't see, but could be that same toy box, making the "Master Hand=child playing with his toys" theory valid in all three games with varying differences.

wsbm said:
In Brawl, the Mario trophy is thrown from somewhere we can't see
In The Subspace Emissary, right? If so, the theory doesn't fit with Master Hand being imprisoned by Tabuu at that time.

wsbm said:
A while ago, I saw some articles about Brawl's story, and eventually, me and others who played the story mode came to this conclusion: It is about a child who is growing up. Master Hand is the child, just wanting to play with his toys - the trophies. Tabuu is the kid growing up. Playing with toys is childish, and as such, TABOO for an adult. So, he takes the worlds and locks them away in a sense as memories of his childhood. He puts away the toys (they turn into statues to represent this). Eventually, the urge comes to play with them, but he resists and locks all but a few lost ones away (the ones that Dedede's timers were on). Master Hand is, of course, gone. Eventually, the adult goes back to play once more out of nostalgia's sake. Snake being there is explained by the fact that, since he's gotten older, he's embraced new things.

How are Tabuu and master hand existing at the same time then

Another revelation; The coin matches never made sense to me, but after playing one I realized something...

When the characters fight, they make money!

wsbm said:
Another revelation; The coin matches never made sense to me, but after playing one I realized something...

You know, there doesn't exactly have to be a theory behind every single thing in the game...

But I think this theory is false, anyway. The simple reason being that you earn up coins in the game. I forget what they are for, but I think they have some purpose... I know that they were used in a lottery in Melee, but I'm not so sure about that for Brawl.

SMB said:
wsbm said:

You know, there doesn't exactly have to be a theory behind every single thing in the game...

But I think this theory is false, anyway. the simple reason being that you earn up coins in the game. I forget what they are for, but I think they have some purpose... I know that they were used in a lottery in Melee, but I'm not so sure about that for Brawl.

The Smash Coins (which is only earned in coin matches) differs from the regular coins themselves. If I remember correctly, Smash Coins were only used to unlock trophies and CDs in Brawl (i.e. if you collected 5,000 coins total in coin matches [doesn't matter how many matches], you earned the *coughawesomecough* Zero Two Theme). Regular Coins were used for the Coin Launcher thingamajig.

Gamefreak75 said:
SMB said:
wsbm said:

But I think this theory is false, anyway. the simple reason being that you earn up coins in the game. I forget what they are for, but I think they have some purpose... I know that they were used in a lottery in Melee, but I'm not so sure about that for Brawl.

The Smash Coins (which is only earned in coin matches) differs from the regular coins themselves. If I remember correctly, Smash Coins were only used to unlock trophies and CDs in Brawl (i.e. if you collected 5,000 coins total in coin matches [doesn't matter how many matches], you earned the *coughawesomecough* Zero Two Theme). Regular Coins were used for the Coin Launcher thingamajig.
Oh yeah, I totally remember that now!

In any case, the coins earned in every match pretty much go to the player, not the characters. :P

SMB said:
Gamefreak75 said:
SMB said:
wsbm said:

Oh yeah, I totally remember that now!

In any case, the coins earned in every match pretty much go to the player, not the characters. :P

Don't forget, we control them (literally), we need our share. ;)

Back