Something just struck me

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
I just remembered at the end of Super Mario Sunshine, the game shows Il Piantissimo finding Bowser Jr's paintbrush in the sand at Gelato Beach.

Now I'm more convinced that Piantissimo was Cosmic Mario in Super Mario Galaxy.

That's all.

Wouldn't he need the mask?

wsbm said:
Wouldn't he need the mask?
It probably works with any mask.

Marcelagus: That's pretty far-fetched, but it's a good idea. I don't think Nintendo would have thought of that, though.

I think they would have considering that Il Piantissimo was also the Running Man from Ocarina of Time.

I think Cosmic Mario and Shadow Mario are two completely different characters. Mostly in appearance, Shadow Mario is dark and watery, Cosmic Mario is dark and stary.

Smashgoom202 said:
I think Cosmic Mario and Shadow Mario are two completely different characters. Mostly in appearance, Shadow Mario is dark and watery, Cosmic Mario is dark and stary.

Il Piantissimo =/= Shadow Mario

Marcelagus said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Yeah, I was saying that hypothetically... But wait, why not? I thought that was the logic behind your reasoning.

Also, about the Bowser Jr. is Shadow Mario comment, I always kind of assumed that Shadow Mario became a separate character from Bowser Jr. ever since Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, but then again, I suppose duplicates of characters aren't uncommon in Mario spin-offs.

Il Piantissimo could be Cosmic Mario...but I bet Cosmic Mario is just a phenomenon caused by the comet.

Smashgoom202 said:
Marcelagus said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Yeah, I was saying that hypothetically... But wait, why not? I thought that was the logic behind your reasoning.
Well maybe that's not the only thing the Magic Paintbrush can do. Who knows.

I still can't get off the fact of the little cutscene at the end of SMS though.

I never heard anything about a sequel

I think it was just a little joke about how Piantissimo would be the replacement of owned of the brush or something

I thought it was a little joke about how every "mysterious racing character" would just be a reincarnation of the Running Man.

What mask? The one Bowser Jr. was wearing?

633px-Sms_bowser_jr.jpg

I think the Paintbrush is enough.

Back