What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
Here's the problem: I've had my original DS Phat since launch and it still works perfectly fine except for the fact that the battery charge is wearing out. The charge lasts for about 2 hours on GBA games, about 1 hour on DS games, and around 45 minutes on DS games that are Touch Screen-heavy (games like MP Hunters and WarioWare Touched!).

Should I :
A) Buy a new battery from Nintendo's online store for about $15.
or
B) Buy a new DS or even a DS Lite.

I ask because I'm not sure if a new battery would mean a longer charge in my current DS, and I'd hate to just throw away my money on something that wouldn't fix my problem.

Thanks. :)

I'd say just buy a new battery. It solves the problem either way, and is alot cheaper.

I would buy a new DS to avoid risk of having the same problem of short battery life(in case part of the problem is caused by the handheld itself).

Either get a DSi, or even wait a bit for the 3DS.

Little Dude From Across the Street said:
I would buy a new DS to avoid risk of having the same problem of short battery life(in case part of the problem is caused by the handheld itself).

Either get a DSi, or even wait a bit for the 3DS.
Whatever you do.

Don't get a DSi, you'd be better of getting a DS Lite due to the longer batter life. (Or even getting the DSi XL for old people)

Little Dude From Across the Street said:
(in case part of the problem is caused by the handheld itself).

Is there a way I can tell if something's wrong? Like I said in the first post, it's perfectly fine otherwise.

What colour is your DS? If it's red, get the new battery. If else, I'd say get a new one.

I remember going to Japan and all my friends thought my blue DS was cool because those weren't sold in Japan. 8)

Why did you bump this

This is kind of a two year old question, that I'm pretty sure has been resolved already, so I'm just gonna lock it.

(If '3K still hasn't solved this problem he can always go ahead and unlock it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back