Time Paradox?

wsbm

King Bowser
If the yoshi in "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island" is our Yoshi. Then who is the star kid yoshi from “Yoshi's Island DS?” I want to say that the yoshi from “Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island” and up is now the Village Leader from “Paper Mario” (he got promoted?) and the star kid is our Yoshi, but I wanted to make sure I’m not the only one who thinks that. So… please reply with your thoughts on the matter!

I don't want to sound racist but all green Yoshis look the same to me. :/ I know they aren't all bad but I still cross the street when I see one.

I think it's just a generic Yoshi though.

There is no such thing as continuinity in Mario games.

Ugozima said:
There is no such thing as continuinity in Mario games.
Try figuring out the Zelda timeline. That shit will keep you up all night.

They're all different Yoshis.

Speaking of the subject, how is that a time paradox? I'm sure you're thinking of "coincidence."

Yeah, there were three whole games were Mario was made out of the same material!

There's 7 Mario RPG games...

But only the M&L ones had some continuity, so that's obviously the ones they're talking about.

Continuity is rare, if existent at all, in the Mario games.

I'd say M&L had the most continuity. And the only one with continuity at all.

I'm wondering if Super Mario Galaxy 2 will show any signs of it being chronologically after SMG...

Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant-Governor General Shyguy said:
But only the M&L ones had some continuity, so that's obviously the ones they're talking about.
No, I'm pretty sure the Paper Mario series had continuity, too. In Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Bow and Bootler made a cameo appearance at Poshley Heights after the game was beaten, and when Mario speaks to Bow, she'll mention the adventure that they went on the first Paper Mario.

SolarBlaze said:
Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant-Governor General Shyguy said:
No, I'm pretty sure the Paper Mario series had continuity, too. In Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Bow and Bootler made a cameo appearance at Poshley Heights after the game was beaten, and when Mario speaks to Bow, she'll mention the adventure that they went on the first Paper Mario.
I actually remember that. :3

Sheep Man said:
I'm wondering if Super Mario Galaxy 2 will show any signs of it being chronologically after SMG...
I'm guessing it is because the new galaxies might be the Galaxy Mario reffered too with that stupid last line "WELCOME NEW GALAXY!".

wsbm said:
If the yoshi in "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island" is our Yoshi. Then who is the star kid yoshi from “Yoshi's Island DS?” I want to say that the yoshi from “Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island” and up is now the Village Leader from “Paper Mario” (he got promoted?) and the star kid is our Yoshi, but I wanted to make sure I’m not the only one who thinks that. So… please reply with your thoughts on the matter!

I think that way too. You know, even if there is little continuity in the Mario series, I think it´s heavily implied that the Yoshi from Yoshi´s Island is the village leader in Paper Mario, and that the "main" Yoshi, our Yoshi, is the newborn one. It makes sense because technically, Mario meets "our" Yoshi in SMW for the first time, whereas he meets the Yoshi from Yoshi´s Island in Paper Mario, and nothing has contradicted that possibility so far.

Crackin355 said:
Sheep Man said:
I'm guessing it is because the new galaxies might be the Galaxy Mario reffered too with that stupid last line "WELCOME NEW GALAXY!".
That line was not stupid. :rolleyes:

It's absolutely not stupid. It seems SMG is based on the theory of a "multiverse" in which a universe runs its course, dies out, and a new universe is born. The same people exist in it, but as Rosalina says, "IT never repeats itself in quite the same way." Bowser gets a second chance I guess, 'cuz the ending of SMG hints at him becoming a good guy in the new galaxy. I wonder what that will entail.

Back