Tooth Fairy, Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the like

ralphfan

Thank you based god
OK. May I ask, what on Earth is the point of these fictional characters? What you rather see, your kid happy that you gave them a present, or having to tell your kid you lied to them for years about a fairy, a fat guy, or a magic bunny? Isn't it easier to tell them the truth? OK, I understand that if you aren't a very wealthy person, and you can't afford to give your kid Christmas presents, you need someone to blame it on. Conversely, what if you give your kid something wonderful, and you never get thanked for it?

Also, Santa stemmed from an actual St. Nicholas. I don't know what idiot made up these other ones, though.

My god, you really do hate fun don't you?

Those dudes up in the title added a little extra layer of mysticism to the holidays. Kids like that you know. At least, kids that don't hate fun.

Asking someone how long they believed in Santa Claus isn't even worthy of idle discussion. Me? I never believed in Santa Claus.

Ralph, it's just tradition. It's the same reason Gods exist in religions.

Oh yeah, it's also an easy way to discipline kids without being the bad guy.

They're being bad? Just withhold presents and blame it on a red fat guy.

Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant-Governor General Shyguy said:
Those dudes up in the title added a little extra layer of mysticism to the holidays. Kids like that you know.

I'll have to agree. If you knew about the histories of these holidays kids really wouldn't care about them if it weren't for some fictional thing.

Uniju said:
Asking someone how long they believed in Santa Claus isn't even worthy of idle discussion. Me? I never believed in Santa Claus.
I do what you saw there.

Per ML. Shyguy, I don't see the point in lying to kids unless it's to cover up lack of money to buy presents.

And no, I don't hate fun. I hate lying to small children.

Sharks Territory said:
Per ML. Shyguy, I don't see the point in lying to kids unless it's to cover up lack of money to buy presents.
Wait, wait, wait... that argument is invalid. If they don't have money to buy presents, then why are they pretending that Santa is giving them to them, if they're buying it theirselves, which clearly means that they DO have money to buy presents?

Your argument only works if Santa actually exists.

Zoroark said:
What I don't understand is how people can believe in God if they don't even believe in these guys.
The only difference being that there is proof that the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy don't exist. There's is no evidence that proves or disproves the existence of God.

Ralphfan said:
I hate lying to small children.
You make it sound as if lying to teenagers and adults is fine.

Blur said:
Zoroark said:
What I don't understand is how people can believe in God if they don't even believe in these guys.
The only difference being that there is proof that the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy don't exist. There's is no evidence that proves or disproves the existence of God.
There is?

First off, how could a giant mutant rabbit associated with eggs and little treats not be seen?

Blur said:
Burden of proof falls on the accuser.

Zoroark said:
The User Formerly Known as Lario said:
First off, how could a giant bearded man associated with creating the universe not be seen?
Silly ML, haven't you heard of the Somebody Else's Problem Field?

In the southern hemisphere, Santa surfs.

Back