This song sucks!

Darn.

Anyway, anything by Limp Bizkit sucks. "My Way" was the closest they got to a good song, and even then it's still really bad.

On a completely unrelated note:

Billy Joel's pretty good.

Also, I don't get why legends like Stevie Wonder aren't still huge. Go listen to "Superstition" and "I Wish", and then find a reason he isn't a mega-star right now.

Billy Joel is pretty good, and Stevie Wonder is a friggin' music God. The reason he ain't popular anymore is because Generation Z sucks; This generation only care for their shitty Miley Cyrus, Soulja Boy and Jonas Brothers.

Sharks Territory said:
Billy Joel's pretty good.

Also, I don't get why legends like Stevie Wonder aren't still huge. Go listen to "Superstition" and "I Wish", and then find a reason he isn't a mega-star right now.
That has completely nothing to do with this topic. We have the Official Music Thread for stuff like this.

Most melodic metalcore sucks, by the way. Why can't they be more like Hatebreed or Maximum the Hormone?

Blue Monday said:
"The Final Countdown" is, without a doubt, one of the all-time worst songs in history. That synthesizer riff is overused and takes away the metal feel the song is meant to have, not to mention the lyrics are godawful. "We're heading for Venus / But still we stand tall / Cuz maybe they've seen us", what the fuck?!
It's a damn catchy tune, and that's all that really matters.

That is an opinion.

Blue Monday said:
Billy Joel is pretty good, and Stevie Wonder is a friggin' music God. The reason he ain't popular anymore is because Generation Z sucks; This generation only care for their shitty Miley Cyrus, Soulja Boy and Jonas Brothers.
Even though I don't listen to music, I whole-heartily agree with this statement.

Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant Governor-General Shyguy said:
Blue Monday said:
"The Final Countdown" is, without a doubt, one of the all-time worst songs in history. That synthesizer riff is overused and takes away the metal feel the song is meant to have, not to mention the lyrics are godawful. "We're heading for Venus / But still we stand tall / Cuz maybe they've seen us", what the fuck?!
It's a damn catchy tune, and that's all that really matters.
Oh yeah, it was also GOB's theme song on Arrested Development. Instant awesome.

Granted, the words don't make sense. The words don't make a lot of sense, but it's about an intergalactic journey.

Blue Monday said:
This generation only care for their shitty Miley Cyrus, Soulja Boy and Jonas Brothers.
... And any other modern music artist, who all (I don't know any exceptions...) seem to be on the same level of just being plain bad.

The User Formerly Known as Lario said:
Blue Monday said:
This generation only care for their shitty Miley Cyrus, Soulja Boy and Jonas Brothers.
... And any other modern music artist, who all (I don't know any exceptions...) seem to be on the same level of just being plain bad.
It's time for a DP music lecture.

Blue Monday said:
Pretty much every last contemporary pop and R&B musician. Except for maybe Christina Aguilera. I don't really like any of her songs, but at least she's trying to make good music.
What about Michael Jackson? (or does he not count as modern?)

Michael Jackson is both of the following:

As a musician, bad, and befitting of this thread.
Dead, and as such by no means modern.

Yes, Michael Jackson is Bad.

Ha ha ha you're so funny.

Your post was asking for that pun. :3

He's a decent artist. Anyway, to continue my point, Stevie Wonder has never come out with a bad song. He is one of the best musicians ever.

Also, please help me understand what bridged the gap in this timeline?

• Rock 'n' Roll (Elvis)
  • R & B, Disco
  • Heavy Metal
  • Grunge
  • Hip-hop
  • ??????
  • Generation Z

More hip-hop, I think.

Uniju said:
As a musician, bad, and befitting of this thread.
You are so funny.

Sheep Man said:
What about Michael Jackson? (or does he not count as modern?)
Ever heard of The Jackson 5? How about Off the Wall? Or perhaps "Thriller"?

Ugozima's Rival said:
Not all, but most. Bands such as The White Stripes, Lightning Bolt and Mastodon are really damn good.

I see you gave up on being polite in acknowledging other people's tastes.

Back