Glitches

Lario

Seems so long ago.
It's really hard to believe why there's no thread about these.

I never ran into any glitch in Mario and related games. Well, I'm sure about that...

In Super Mario 64, you can fly into weird-castle-world. Remember that?
That was cool.

There are some glitches in MKWii. On Mushroom Gorge, you can bounce of the mushroom in the shortcut at a certain angle, hit the wall, land behind the goal, cross the finish, and complete the lap. On Grumble Volcano, you mushroom onto this rock and circle it three times.

There's a glitch in the NES version of Super Mario Bros. 2, where the SMB theme song will continue playing in the background, even after leaving Sub-Space. All you need to do is grab a Starman power-up before entering the door, and then wait for Sub-Space to disappear. Then, its background music will still be playing. This also applies to Doki Doki Panic (but it's a different song on there).

in yoshi island: when I arrived at a flower ring goal (don't remember the level), there was not the music of the fanfare, but the level's standard music. this is the last glitch that I discoverded in a mario game, but I dunno how to activate it

super princess peach: I discovered an easy glitch: this is a suicidal glitch. During the battle agains giant kamek, you have to dizzy him in order to damage him, well, the thing is, when he's dizzy, you'll activate the glitch if you slide at his face. you'll notice that his face somehow, separates of his body. when he teleports, his face it's again at it's place, you can still dizzy kamek, but you can no longer damage him because of the glitch. the only thing you can do is get the heck out of there, eighter by commiting suicidal or from the pause menu, but don't worry, the next time everything will return to normal.

On the Gameboy remake of Super Mario World, if Mario ends a level while riding Yoshi, they sometimes continue walking on the black screen after they cross the goal.

There's also a glitchy mess of tiles in the Tree Zone bee hive level in SML2 that you the player can walk on. Mario just needs to guide a bee to the begining of the level and jump on it to boost him up to the logs above the level entrance. He just needs to jump and duck around the top of the screen when he gets up there. If he breaks through into the top ceiling, he'll get pushed out of the level and into scrambled tiles. You can actually walk around and explore in there. I remember finding it by mistake when I was a kid, scared the crap out of me.

Sharks Territory said:
On the Gameboy Advance remake of Super Mario World, if Mario ends a level while riding Yoshi, they sometimes continue walking on the black screen after they cross the goal.
I think that's supposed to happen, Ralph. It was in the SNES version as well. It's just the game having them walk on the ground behind the goal. :P

Normally, they stop walking past the goal after a few seconds. Sometimes, they just keep going.

Sharks Territory said:
On the Gameboy remake of Super Mario World, if Mario ends a level while riding Yoshi, they sometimes continue walking on the black screen after they cross the goal.

also that remake iggy if you are cape mario grap the p switch and run and do that high jumpand then if you hit con the wall ornrner kick the switch it grts stuck wall

Zombie Mario in SM64 was always fun.

Back