The Official Topic about retro Mario games

Lario

Seems so long ago.
... SMB was fun.

... SMB2 was more annoying.

... SMB3 is tied with Super Mario World in being my favorite Mario games.
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
I haven't played that yet.

Pretty much, I still remember that I'm stuck in the Forest of Illusion right now on my SMW file...

... where, I haven't played the game in months.
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
I still remember that one day where I played almost entirely through SMB3. :P
 
N

Nerdy Guy

Guest
I have pretty much all the main games from the NES to the 64. Plus the ones on the Game Cube and Wii if they count. I don't have any favorites though, mainly because there's too many to choose from. :P
 

Lord Awesome Face

The L Block
Banned User
Nerdy Guy said:
I have pretty much all the main games from the NES to the 64. Plus the ones on the Game Cube and Wii if they count. I don't have any favorites though, mainly because there's too many to choose from. :P
I don't think GameCube and Wii would count.

I only have like twelve Mario games. Not counting spin-offs or Super Smash Bros.

Eh with those it'd only be like 20.

But I like the original Super Mario Bros on the NES. :D
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
In the original SMB I never got past the second level for many reasons...
 

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Super Mario 64 is my favourite video game ever.
 
N

Noahp89

Guest
My favorite retro game was probably either Super Mario World or Super Mario 64..

I disliked Super Mario Bros. 2 due to the lack of powerups. It was an okay game, but certainly not my favorite.
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
^ :D

Anyway, SMB2 is my least favorite because the game play is irritating and tedious. Otherwise, it's good.
 

Eric B

Monty Mole
Keep in mind that was not even really a Mario game. It was adapted to Mario. The true SMB2 was an extension of the first one, and added a lot of interesting things.
 

SiFi

Just a flight attendant guy.
Eric B said:
Keep in mind that was not even really a Mario game. It was adapted to Mario. The true SMB2 was an extension of the first one, and added a lot of interesting things.
This afternoon I threw two enemies in rapid succession. They kept hitting each other, so the rapid impact made them float away.

I'm not sure I'll be able to do it again D:
 

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
Muigi said:
^ :D

Anyway, SMB2 is my least favorite because the game play is irritating and tedious. Otherwise, it's good.
...Way to contradict yourself there.
 

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Booman said:
Booman said:
SM64 is ftw.
BanServ said:
My favorite retro game was probably either Super Mario World or Super Mario 64.
Uniju said:
Super Mario 64 is my favourite video game ever.
LOL.
Excuse me, I can understand that you may have a different opinion than me and that this is first and foremost a thread about expressing your opinions, but I just can't stand when people go into threads about opinions and state their opinions in such a rude way as this. Especially if they're not even stating their opinions outright, they're just laughing at someone else for having an opinion that doesn't perfectly line up with their own and as such vaguely alluding to what their opinion may be... I feel Super Mario 64 to be a great game. Sure, I may be biased, but it doesn't matter if I'm biased, because I'm just stating my opinions.
 
N

Nerdy Guy

Guest
Uniju said:
Booman said:
Booman said:
SM64 is ftw.
BanServ said:
My favorite retro game was probably either Super Mario World or Super Mario 64.
Uniju said:
Super Mario 64 is my favourite video game ever.
LOL.
Excuse me, I can understand that you may have a different opinion than me and that this is first and foremost a thread about expressing your opinions, but I just can't stand when people go into threads about opinions and state their opinions in such a rude way as this. Especially if they're not even stating their opinions outright, they're just laughing at someone else for having an opinion that doesn't perfectly line up with their own and as such vaguely alluding to what their opinion may be... I feel Super Mario 64 to be a great game. Sure, I may be biased, but it doesn't matter if I'm biased, because I'm just stating my opinions.
I think Booman might've just been laughing at the fact that everyone said the same exact thing. He does stuff like that. Though, now that I think about it, he probabilly was laughing at us because of a game he didn't like... Per Uniju.
 
Top