Mario's Personality

Lario

Seems so long ago.
No wonder why characters like Yoshi and Luigi are more popular...

Anyway, he really needs an actual personality, and I'm talking about stuff straying away from things like the fact he's an italian stereotype.

Muigi said:

Anyway, he really needs an actual personality, and I'm talking about stuff straying away from things like the fact he's an italian stereotype.
Well he may have the most ambiguous personality just because a universal personality is better for such a widely played-as character, as well as the main character the player controls. He did have somewhat of a character in the Mario & Luigi series I think though.

Muigi said:
Yoshi and Luigi? With personalities?
Surely you kid! Yoshi is a species, and Luigi is just player 2.

And Yoshi is just a reptillian Kirby with a tongue who carries plumbers/babies on his back.

Uniju said:
Muigi said:
Yoshi and Luigi? With personalities?
Surely you kid! Yoshi is a species, and Luigi is just player 2.
...There's no way this post is actually serious, unless you've been living under a rock for the past few years or so.

It's serious. Luigi and Yoshi have no more personality then Mario, they're just grossly overrated and more then half of what people consider their "personality" is just fan speculation.

What game did I miss that gave Yoshi anything close to a personality?

Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant Governor-General Shyguy said:
What game did I miss that gave Yoshi anything close to a personality?
TTYD, if that counts.

In TTYD, there is a character that is a yoshi.
Thus backing up that Yoshi is a species, not a character.

Uniju said:
It's serious. Luigi and Yoshi have no more personality then Mario, they're just grossly overrated and more then half of what people consider their "personality" is just fan speculation.
Fan speculation? What about the Paper Mario series? I'm not talking about the Yoshi Kid character, I'm talking about Luigi.

I never said all.

I think part of mario's personality is having comitment issue's because he yhas never asked Princess Toadstool out on a date or really kissed her. That's why she let's bowser kidnap her for mario's attention and hopefully through all of his brave adventure's he will face these issue's and ask her out. The princess isn't so defensless is she?

Iggy said:
I think part of mario's personality is having comitment issue's because he has never asked Princess Toadstool out on a date or really kissed her. That's why she let's bowser kidnap her for mario's attention and hopefully through all of his brave adventure's he will face these issue's and ask her out. The princess isn't so defensless is she?

It's just a game. Mario isn't real, so he's not going to have a life like ours. I doubt he'd start dating.

Nerdy Guy said:
Iggy said:
I think part of mario's personality is having comitment issue's because he has never asked Princess Toadstool out on a date or really kissed her. That's why she let's bowser kidnap her for mario's attention and hopefully through all of his brave adventure's he will face these issue's and ask her out. The princess isn't so defensless is she?

It's just a game. Mario isn't real, so he's not going to have a life like ours. I doubt he'd start dating.

I blame all the shipping crap and for some reason, other things.

Muigi said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Iggy said:

I blame all the shipping crap and for some reason, other things.
Actually, it's more of fanon's fault, but shipping messes up peoples heads too.

Anyway, Mario has more of a "flat personality" since he's just controlled by the player.

Iggy said:
I think part of mario's personality is having comitment issue's because he yhas never asked Princess Toadstool out on a date or really kissed her. That's why she let's bowser kidnap her for mario's attention and hopefully through all of his brave adventure's he will face these issue's and ask her out. The princess isn't so defensless is she?
Eh dude there's plenty of that I bet, they just can't show it in the game because it's a kids game, and they can't show it in public within the game's canon because if it got out that the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom was doing it with some soldier instead of royalty there would be big problems for the entire nation. You need to understand that they're really not in the same position as us, Toadstool is leading a country, and not even a half-civilized country like the kind we live in these days, it's a Monarchy. If the reigning leader had sex with someone the politicians and noblemen didn't like, they'd probably have to burn her at the stake.

Eh, Mario is kind of an immigrant. It's only natural that established richpeople would have a problem with this interdimensional, mustached Latino bangin' the princess.

Back