Mario: Better now or then?

YellowYoshi398 said:
Yeah, one of their gibberish phrases in PiT actually WAS understandable Italian.

How do you know that? Do you speak Italian? Did you develop MLPiT? Are you a trivia geek?

Smiddle said:
YellowYoshi398 said:
Yeah, one of their gibberish phrases in PiT actually WAS understandable Italian.

How do you know that? Do you speak Italian? Did you develop MLPiT? Are you a trivia geek?

It was on the trivia section of the M&L:PiT article at Wikipedia, but ALttP removed that section on his Wikipedia account.

Check the history. ;)

YellowYoshi398 said:
Smiddle said:
YellowYoshi398 said:

It was on the trivia section of the M&L:PiT article at Wikipedia, but... Oh dear. ALttP removed that section on his Wikipedia account. :shock:

Let's say you're a trivia geek then. Where is the biggest ball of twine located?

my life with mario (last part)

-afther the release of the cube, I played instantly the melee, them the sunshine, mario advance 2 (to play again one of my favorites games) and them mario party 4 (I don't enjoined to much like the 3) and mi hopes to play yoshy island was over because for the mario advance 3, but the point that disapoints me was bowser kicks his butt!!!!!!!! do you know how desperate is wait four years to do that and someone else kick kamek's butt?!!!!!. them the party 5, power tennis. them, I go to united states again, there, I bought super mario advance 4 and super star saga. after my return to my country, I played both but mario and luigi was better, for the history of mario and luigi on another kingdom was like that game was made for me. but the dark days for my life with mario came, the lastes games that I got were striker,paper mario 2, party seven, 64DS super star baseball and partners in time . those are the worse mario games that I have, for they fault, I lose my love for mario, the 64DS was cool, but I was just a remake and I wanted something new, paper mario 2 was good to, but it was too easy and partners in time don't help very much (but I finaly take my revenge into kamek!!!!!) so, I was started to lose my love for the saga that I loved went I was a baby :cry:
-that change for new super mario bros, great graphics, music, backgrounds, etc. that was one of the best mario games of my life, I finaly got a mario in 2D!!!!!!. the detail that disapoints me were the koopalings, they don't apeared, but the other bosses were way cool!!!, because for that, I bought super peach, good music, more puzzed and woke my adventure thirst that was slept for years, I was starting to love the mario saga again!!!!!!!
-my last (for now) journey to united states I bought yoshy island DS, I loved it and I finished it on a cute and tranquil town
-super paper mario, was diferent and dark (not as ttyd for me) is one of thoose games that don't want to leave until you pass them, but the RPG-adventure style give it advntages and disavantages, but it was cool

-conclusion: the firsts mario-games were better than the today ones, but if nintendo focuses in: make something new, not too much remakes and sports, not oversplode them, they can make games almost as good as the first ones

what? do you want what I'm doing with my mario games today? them, I stoped to play them, is almost holyday and they are reserved. I'm plannig to start again and finish them all (the adventures and RPG ones), to enjoy the holydays with the saga of my childhood

Dreyfus2006 said:
I'd rather they don't return to the TV business. >_>

The first couple of sports games, such as Mario Golf 64, Mario Tennis 64, and even Mario Kart: Double Dash!! were enjoyable. But... They have begun to lose their magic touch; same with the Mario Party series. Especially when you look at Mario Super Strikers and Mario Baseball. Baseball is an American sport (I think... I may be wrong), isn't it? So why would Italian characters from a Japanese game be playing it? Seems Americanized. Super Strikers was disappointing. Yoshi seemed like he was a two-year old and sounded it too, Peach and Daisy were suggestive, and...well... It all seemed so un-Mario-like, you know? Like, they could have stuck in different characters and it would be just the same. It didn't move me like others did.

The Mario Party games have been getting more and more cheesy; mind you, 7 was the cheesiest of them all and 8 was a bit better, but... Well, the graphics quality has been improving, but has the rest? The music quality was at an all-time high at Mario Party 5. It lowered in 6, and stunk in 7 (7 stunk in general). The increased amount of characters in 3 was nice, but I'm disliking the new role of Donkey Kong, and the new characters from 5 onward are annoying. Toad, Boo, and the Hammer Brother were COMPLETELY un-needed. Toad and Boo were essential Mario Party characters, even if Toad's role in 3 was reduced to only a Mini-Game character. I am disgusted seeing Red Boo instead of Boo. :( I kinda miss Toad's cute voice from Mario Party 1-3, actually...

Don't forget Toadette,and more people are smarter these days which helps drops the sells,but it doesn't really matter.

Ironically, I am perfectly fine with Toadette's role. I mean, cut Toad out and keep Toadette! You could do with with Boo and Red Boo, Nintendo, do it with TOAD!

WarioLoaf said:
WOW, I wonder if well see a mario theme park.

For some reason, I'm inclined to think that there actually was one being worked on once... Maybe even now... Not that I'm sure...

Dreyfus2006 said:
Ironically, I am perfectly fine with Toadette's role. I mean, cut Toad out and keep Toadette! You could do with with Boo and Red Boo, Nintendo, do it with TOAD!

Toad is pathetic.

I liked him in Mario Party 1-3. Then he got a voice. >_<

*Max can sound like Princess Peach*

"Mario, Luigi!"

He sounds more like a crazy guy with a hoarse voice on drugs to me. Or caffeine. That's a drug.

No mushroom are FTW. I pity those who can only get hyper on caffeine. I can do it without anything :smug:

Back