Mario gets hurt to easily

Phantom66

Goomba
Ive always wondered why everytime an enemy bumps into Mario it hurts him. It doesnt seem to make much sense. If you run into an enemy it doesnt hurt them it still hurts you. Why is that?

Maybe it's black magic!! Who knows? Maybe Mario is claustophobic or antisocial, and getting too up close with these freaks, well, freaks him out! :?:
I don't know, but it's just like Mushrooms: why do they make Mario grow? That sure doesn't work on me!

Most enemies actually use harmful attacks in RPGs; maybe it's supposed to be implied that they're doing that in an unseen manner for platformers when they knock into Mario.

The Boos "scary faces" in RPGs aren't that cute. And we haven't actually seen what Shy Guys actually look like.

YellowYoshi398 said:
Most enemies actually use harmful attacks in RPGs; maybe it's supposed to be implied that they're doing that in an unseen manner for platformers when they knock into Mario.

In certain platformers,like SM 64,some enemies attack,and some 2-d platformers (like NSMB),have enemies with actual attacks,but not much.

Maybe Mario is infact an inflatable balloon hiding in a plumber suit.

The stupid dorks at Nintend'oh couldn't find a better way to show damage.

That's me, voice of inreason.

Running into enemies MUST hurt a little... Seriously, you get hurt when you run into a wall... I know that from experience...

And some enemies, like Chain Chomps, do look pretty formidable. Seriously, they bite Mario and all that... Maybe the stupid dorks at Nintend'oh aren't as lazy as we think.

Ya urslf.

They aren't stupid, just... too lazy to make an accpetable way of losing HP. But it's still become a part of gaming lore.

Back