Mario Game Ideas for Wii

Dry Bones said:
A game that stars Bowser. :bowser:
I made a posible history about that bowser game on fantendo.wikia.com

Dry Bones said:
who cares, you get to play as the villain!
That could work but if it did they would have made a game for Bowser years ago!

Yeah, but you forgot:
Make a big pile of Oreos and eat all the white stuff as fast as possible
Grow
Ride the bus
Live in the fridge
Live with a hernia

But YOU forgot:

Make a computer virus
Ride a bus
Do teh polka
Go to Lynwood
Go on a Grapefruit Diet
Have germs
Go on a Nature Trail to Hell

3dejong said:
But YOU forgot:
Ride a bus

No, I didn't... yet, you forgot
Sell quilts
Drive a truck
Order hamburgers with cheese and onion
Eat too much bologna and throw up
Guess how many molecules there are on Leonard Nimoy's butt
Play Pacman
Sue companies

Paper Mario 4 (Yes I consider Super Paper Mario to be Paper Mario 3.)

This game would bring the series back to it's RPG combat system. Multiple storylines should also exist. Mario's storyline (duh). Bowser's storyline. And Wario's story.

Mario's Partners:

Goombob The Spiky Goomba: Unlike Mario's other goomba partners, Goombob is a Spiky Goomba. He has twice the attack power of Mario's last Goomba partners. He also has tattle.

Koopatrick The Shady Koopa (I'm making this up as I go along. If I find better names I will edit this post.): Koopatrick is a Shady Koopa. He can be flipped over like Mario's past Koopa partners, but he can still attack while on his back. He has Power Shell as well.

Robob The Robomb: Same as Mario's past Bomb partners except he has no features that make him stand out.

Mike The Shy Guy: Finally a Shy Guy partner. He does a flip for his normal attack. For 2 FP, he uses an awesome move where he shows the enemies what is behind his mask. (And no you don't get to see it too.) Can make the enemies run from battle.

Yoshi (THE Yoshi): Yoshi is like the kid Yoshi from Paper Mario 2, minus the Mini Egg technique. He has Ground Pound and Gulp. His version of Mini Egg decreases the opponent's DEFENSE not their attack.

Luigi: The last partner you obtain. Luigi's attacks are similair to Mario's jump attacks. He can do Bro moves together with Mario.

Bowser's partners:

King Boo: Ah King Boo. King Boo has joined the adventure. King Boo has Bow's slap attack and tattle.

Drake The Dry Bones: Finally a Dry Bones partner. This particular Partner throws bones at objects.

Petey Piranha: Petey has also joined! He attacks with sludge. He can also gnaw on enemies.

Bowser Jr.: Bowser Jr. joins in chapter 3. He attacks with Sonic Roar and his paintbrush.

Kamek: Kamek is a partner. He attacks with magic.

Hammy The Hammer Bro.: Bowser's last partner. He throws hammers.

Too lazy to do Wario's partner s.

That's some pretty good ideas, King Boo. I could picture those weirdos from WarioWare as partner for Wario.

Mario RTS, an idea I've been tinkering on since the N64 days. The Wii's controls can really make it a great game.

There are a number of different factions that the player can command:

Mini-Mario Milita
The "good" faction. They're not quite as mini as the ones seen in past games, these are new bigger & more durable models built for combat. Ground forces are their strong point with the hammer, fireball & Yoshi rider units as the main infantry, Mini-Peaches as healers plus karts & MP5's Super Duel tanks as the heavy armor. In air & sea they're a bit weaker, using mass productions of the Sky Pop & Sea Pop but not a lot else.

Koopa Troop
The obvious villain army. Their ground units are weak (heck, the tanks are made of wood!) but make up for it with cheap prices. The air force is much more considerable with the huge airships making a long awaited return (The complete unit/building list I have for this faction is very heavily based on SMB3) along with Lakitus & other misc. air units. The Koopas also have the best defensive structures with Bill Blasters, Torpedo Teds & Venus Firetraps.

The Tri-harder Alliance
The wild card faction. General Guy, Goomboss & Big Bom-Bomb have had it with Bowser's constant failures & decided to take matters into their own hands, forming their own army & declaring war on both the Mushroom & Koopa kingdoms. Between the diversity of the Shy Guys, the heavy firepower of the bom-bombs & the mass numbers of the goombas, they feel they have what it takes to conquer the world. Their biggest weakness is the limited base defenses, they only have chain chomps which are only good on infantry.

Controls
The Wiimote's point is used to click on units & buildings or to select whole groups of units. A pop up build menu can be accessed at any time for ease of construction/training. The nunchuck operates a bit indepenently of the remote, it's used to control the player's chosen commander with platformer like functions.

Commanders
Basically who the player assumes the role of, they are established characters in the Mario universe that can fight well on their own & grant different bonues to friendly units they're grouped with. The Mini-Marios have Mario (duh), Luigi & Peach while the Koopa Troopa gets Bowser, Bowser Jr. & Kammy. The Tri-harder Alliance lives up to it's name by having more commanders than the other 2 sides. In addition to the main 3 rulers, they employ mercenary commanders like Wario & Captain Syrup.

Resource management
To help streamline the micromanagement aspects of the RTS genre, there's only 1 type of resource: coins. They can be collected by any units & they're instantly added to the player's bank account without need of sending the unit back to base. Units leave behind coins when they die like in past Mario games so players can recover from losses in big battles.

Civilians
Toads, shelless koopas & docile goombas, these are the citizens that populate each kingdom that the players are tasked with protecting on most campaign & multiplayer maps. While they can't be directly controlled they can still be helpful. Town mayors may decide to donate funds to the player, mothers bake food that can boost the stats of a commander, rascaly children lay traps, hosbitals can heal infantry & braver men will take up arms if their homes are attacked. There's also reasons to assault the enemy's town without intentions of wiping it out. Destroying the bank will net some quick cash while destruction of the local jail busts out free infantry units.

That's an excellent idea! The Kremling Krew and the Shroob would make good faction, too. I could also see the X-Naut and Booster army (SMRPG) as non-playable faction that harrass you in some maps.

8-bit club, Smithy Gang, Brown Sugar Pirates, DK Crew, And possibly many many more... Eggman Empire? Battle KuKu Army? Black arms?

NAH!

Well I gotta save some for the sequels!

Also, the good bom-bombs led by General White & Admiral Bobbery & the Bean Bean Kingdom (I would try to balance the good/bad ratio).

Glowsquid said:
That's an excellent idea! The Kremling Krew and the Shroob would make good faction, too. I could also see the X-Naut and Booster army (SMRPG) as non-playable faction that harrass you in some maps.

That'd make a pwnsome fan game, but sadly, almost none of the RPG characters recurr in platformers.

How about a super smash bros. game but instead it has all the mario characters including ones that would die on land.

Back